Sign in to follow this  
Rek It Beckett

What is causing this?

Now as I walk around I am seeing bushes and rocks rendering in like 25 yards in front of me.  Even walls will all of a sudden have texture and details on them as I walk up closer at the last second.

Is this because of the frame rate versus graphics choice in the settings menu?  And if so, does that explain why I keep crashing vehicles into literally no rock or the tiniest rock in front of me while driving? 

Keep in mind I have hard wired internet, xbox one x and an SSD.  I have never had this issue until this past week. 

Edited by Rek It Beckett
Typo

Same setup here and noticed the same thing. It's not all the time and not on every map. Also noticed on Miramar while scoping in with 4x scope or higher that buildings are not rendered in completely. I do have it set to prioritize framerate so that could be it or could be simply just the game.

14 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

At what point in the game? Early on?

No random.  At all times of the game.  Really weird.  And it's not a playdoh affect, the bush literally isn't there and then appears. 

I have this as well. All the sudden 20 bushes will render before my eyes. I have SSD and am hard wired. Especially on Sanhok. It can be a pain when you are training your eyes for movement for sure.

1 minute ago, Rek It Beckett said:

No random.  At all times of the game.  Really weird.  And it's not a playdoh affect, the bush literally isn't there and then appears. 

Yeah... that's wonky. Is the SSD working properly? 

I know a lot of people call it a placebo, but I've had excellent results uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Sounds like the SSD is either degrading or is overloaded.....Keep in mind, a SSD will die someday. The more you use it to load new games and reload new ones, the more likely it will wear out faster......Might see if your manufacture has a SSD dr program. This way you can clean it up, restore old cells, or lock the dead cells off from being used again....Just keep in mind that soon or later, they will take a shit and be done for. And it doesn't matter if you bought a super expensive unit or a cheapo, they will all pass sooner or later. But typically the more expensive units are much more resilient. 

17 hours ago, wizardO3 said:

Sounds like the SSD is either degrading or is overloaded.....Keep in mind, a SSD will die someday. The more you use it to load new games and reload new ones, the more likely it will wear out faster......Might see if your manufacture has a SSD dr program. This way you can clean it up, restore old cells, or lock the dead cells off from being used again....Just keep in mind that soon or later, they will take a shit and be done for. And it doesn't matter if you bought a super expensive unit or a cheapo, they will all pass sooner or later. But typically the more expensive units are much more resilient. 

I have had the SSD drive for 4 months and PUBG is the only game on it.   Nothing else

Its not the SSD, although I think the render distance described is a touch off.  I can see shrubs literally spawn and despawn by walking forwards/backwards.  It is most noticeable on the higher hills with the shrubbery in Sanhok.  It is kinda like the grass draw distance on Erangel.  If I play tonight I will try to take a clip since once you notice it....you cannot unnotice it.   But Vikendi has really induced me to rage with all the people shooting me through walls or the ground, its super 😕

3 hours ago, Rek It Beckett said:

I have had the SSD drive for 4 months and PUBG is the only game on it.   Nothing else

If that's the case, liable to be a PUBG bug then.....Iv had my SSD since fallout 4, and while it is a bit of a more expensive name brand, it hasn't had too many issues.