Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flatiron113

Next Update?

15 minutes ago, Jbarton95 said:

Also, I bet 80% of you with "SSD" cheaped out and got the cheapest $60 1tb Seagate "SSD" like I did. It has about 130mb/s read/write speed, it rendered fairly slowly. I purchased a one X and a 550mb/s read/write SSD. The one X was returned because of the night and day difference with the SSD. The one S and one X didn't run much different with the new SSD.

Soooo if you're complaining, you bought a cheap, slow SSD. I spent 120$ on a 500gb one. Anything cheaper will not have acceptable read/write speed.

Thank you!! This is what im trying to say. Just because you have a SSD doesnt mean its fast enough to render the game like other users. 

6 minutes ago, Rek It Beckett said:

Honestly, what is it with you always playing the money card in your posts, you do realize it makes you come off as a jerk, right?  Calling people cheap, stating it's not blueholes fault they don't have the money....etc.  

And because its true. Go compare the read and write speeds of SSD and tell me youd still go with the seagate one. 

Just now, MrSoggyWaffle25 said:

Thank you!! This is what im trying to say. Just because you have a SSD doesnt mean its fast enough to render the game like other users. 

True... but should I need a decent (or any) SSD to enjoy a game as designed?

Yes, if you're going to get one money spent will affect quality, but the game needs to run on standard xbox one hardware without problems.

Just now, pajama dad said:

True... but should I need a decent (or any) SSD to enjoy a game as designed?

Yes, if you're going to get one money spent will affect quality, but the game needs to run on standard xbox one hardware without problems.

The game has issues on PC still so i doubt we would be bugless

Fell through the map twice since last update. Every one in our squad has a SSD, we've all fallen through. Always seems to be right outside the circle late in the game when it happens. Once in a car, once on a motorcycle. At least they fixed the ready up issue that's been there since beta

2 hours ago, MrSoggyWaffle25 said:

WE LITERALLLY JUST GOT AN UPDATE. The devs dont respond to these types of posts because they dont have an exact timeline of when they will have another update. 

When you say unplayable, i laugh because its nowhere near being unplayable. 

Help the devs with more information on current "issues" your having so they can help you and other players. 

I honestly dont see an issue with the map selection either because it makes people play other maps more often. 

How will it be "dead" by June? 

Theres a really small chance of it being dead by june.. PUBG on PC is f***ed tbh it dropped lower than CS today.. check steam stats.

1 hour ago, TheCorruptDROID said:

Theres a really small chance of it being dead by june.. PUBG on PC is f***ed tbh it dropped lower than CS today.. check steam stats.

Apex Legends also dropped today, so that's the biggest reason the numbers are low. It's even got higher numbers than Fortnight on Twitch. We'll see if it stays that way or not.

10 hours ago, flatiron113 said:

Probably should rage some more, the majority of the people I play with have that SSD you listed and aren't having the same issues you are, I'm not sure what to tell you. Are you sure the game is installed on your SSD? 

Also, to the guy who said I come off like a jerk. For starters you know this is the internet right? No one really cares about that, if you're offended perhaps internet forums aren't for you. Second of all, you guys whining about the performance and about how "it's ridiculous that you have to buy an SSD to run this game" and how "bluehole can't fix the rendering."

Allow me to give you another analogy. You have a 1960s muscle car. You order a modern engine, install it, and blow it up because your fuel system wasn't up to par with the supply needed for the engine. You post on the internet about how the engine ran terribly and blew up and blame the person who sold you the engine. Upon some questioning users on the forum find out you tried to run it without doing the proper performance upgrades to the fuel system at first. Everyone on the forum laughs at you, 2 guys tell you to get a better fuel system and you sit there whining about how the engine manufacturer is at fault. 

Welcome to the internet.

I've mainly played solos and duos after the update and only once I have seen a car that was flying.. Haven't fallen through the map or got stuck in stairs/walls (happened to my friend once). Though the rendering is not good in Vikendi, I don't think it's game breaking.

Whoever is experiencing falling through the map is this happening only in squads or also in solos and duos?

4 hours ago, Jbarton95 said:

You have a 1960s muscle car. You order a modern engine, install it, and blow it up because your fuel system wasn't up to par with the supply needed for the engine. You post on the internet about how the engine ran terribly and blew up and blame the person who sold you the engine. Upon some questioning users on the forum find out you tried to run it without doing the proper performance upgrades to the fuel system at first. Everyone on the forum laughs at you, 2 guys tell you to get a better fuel system and you sit there whining about how the engine manufacturer is at fault. 

Welcome to the internet.

I have to disagree.. This game is sold as an xbox game. That means, yes, it should run on an xbox. 100% you should not have to buy an SSD to get what you were promised. Now the devs might realise everyone will need an SSD or an X but the game was sold as a FULL PRODUCT RELEASE! That means it's ready to go, which it just isn't. 

Your analogy states that the engine wasn't made for that car, where as this version of the game was made and released for xbox, not for only xbox x users with SSDs. 

People have paid money for a product. Not only did they not get the performance they were promised, now they're told to spend another £100 to make the game work? Haha please, anyone with an open mind can see how ridiculous it all is

10 hours ago, flatiron113 said:

watch any of the clips i posted and give me a reasonable explanation... Also I'd love to hear you tell me how the game is totally fine when people are flying around and falling under the map. YOU CRAZY 

Because it has been even worse.

We all experience the falling under the map as well as the annoying dsync.

But they will fix it sooner or later.

You Forget the positive aspects:

Frames increased a lot.

And in the end: 

You got this game at a very low Price - compare it to Blops with a Price of 70€ or higher..

They do their best to improve it.

If it´s that bad in your opinion - nobody Forces you to Play it.

Fortnite, Blackout, BF5 BR, Realm royal, Apex legends all run at 60 fps on consoles. 

Pubg still below 30 fps and slowest paced when it comes to updates. Pubg is dying on consoles thats for sure

11 hours ago, flatiron113 said:

Soon whens the next update? The current one is near unplayable. The desync is horrible, cars flying, I'm falling through the map on Miramar anytime i go 140 km/h in the sportscar. 

Please fix the game. I know I will take some flak for this but I seriously think they should ditch one or two maps on Xbox and get the cores of the game working. Go back to just the first two maps and fix them. LIKE ACTUALLY FIX THEM! 

Don't even get me started with the current map selection........

This game will be dead by June of this year with the direction they've taken it in the last two months. They had the PTS up for way to long and then the only update we get is JUNK! More maps more problems. 

Its simple, I have just moved on and will come back and try the game again as and when to see if it is in a better position. I will never be a top tier player and had only just started to rack up a decent amount of kills per game a few weeks before the update hit. Post update I find my shots go everywhere but at the target I am aiming at. When something is no longer fun I find it best to step away. All said and done it cost £25.00 and I have logged 100 hours or so. I spend more than that for an hours bowling with the kids so its no big drama.

2 hours ago, DecoratedShamus said:

Anybody playing Pubg on a O.G. xb1 has zero right to complain, along with those that play over WiFi. 

Please explain this.. I'm almost sure this product is sold as an Xbox one game.. and as such has a duty to work on that console, not just a revised, more powerful version.

Do u think bluehole just saw the $$$ signs when when Microsoft asked them to make an Xbox version, and had literally no idea how to make it happen? Cos let's face it, it's not gonna happen.

Last night I'm landing at the cement factory and standing for 10-15 seconds waiting for walls to render.

Now, I know that's what's gonna happen, and I don't usually drop places like that, for that reason, but it was interesting to experience it. Also, my duos buddy's parachute hit an invisible object and he landed with only about 5% health lmao

6 hours ago, Lantis said:

I've mainly played solos and duos after the update and only once I have seen a car that was flying.. Haven't fallen through the map or got stuck in stairs/walls (happened to my friend once). Though the rendering is not good in Vikendi, I don't think it's game breaking.

Whoever is experiencing falling through the map is this happening only in squads or also in solos and duos?

Squads every time, happens almost every game on vikendi and miramar, to the point that I wont even get in the car if one of my buddies with an og xbox is driving. I have an ssd, my buddies dont. It's pretty bad out there when I'm playing with friends on the og. Honestly it sucks to say, but they should have xbox x lobbies, and OG lobbies, would split the player base but solve like 90 % of the issues probably. The difference between the game on a x with an ssd compared with an og with no ssd is ridiculous. I dont know how you guys on the og put up with it. Extremely frustrating on ranked games when you are banished to the underworld, or get shot waiting for a teamate to resurface from the netherrealm. I do everything I can to support this game, buy all the passes, even buy some stuff for my friends because they can afford it. Losing patience. This vikendi pass is the last thing I will buy from pubg until the game is 100% functional, because maybe I'm sending the wrong message by buying cosmetics with the game in this state?

6 hours ago, DecoratedShamus said:

Anybody playing Pubg on a O.G. xb1 has zero right to complain, along with those that play over WiFi. 

Do you understand that some people have to make do with what they have? And if you have a right to complain then everyone should.

As has been mentioned if you read the comments, this game is sold as an Xbox game. That doesn't mean Xbox X, hard wired with fibre optic players only.

How can it be the players fault that they have to complain, they weren't told that blue hole would take well over a year to develop a game not worth complaining about haha

6 horas atrás, Sauud disse:

Fortnite, Blackout, BF5 BR, Realm royal, Apex legends all run at 60 fps on consoles. 

Pubg still below 30 fps and slowest paced when it comes to updates. Pubg is dying on consoles thats for sure

I fully agree with you.

60 fps needs to be PUBG's next step on the consoles, especially now with the launch of Realm Royale and Apex Legends, both with 4K and 60 fps!

15 hours ago, Jbarton95 said:

Probably should rage some more, the majority of the people I play with have that SSD you listed and aren't having the same issues you are, I'm not sure what to tell you. Are you sure the game is installed on your SSD? 

Also, to the guy who said I come off like a jerk. For starters you know this is the internet right? No one really cares about that, if you're offended perhaps internet forums aren't for you. Second of all, you guys whining about the performance and about how "it's ridiculous that you have to buy an SSD to run this game" and how "bluehole can't fix the rendering."

Allow me to give you another analogy. You have a 1960s muscle car. You order a modern engine, install it, and blow it up because your fuel system wasn't up to par with the supply needed for the engine. You post on the internet about how the engine ran terribly and blew up and blame the person who sold you the engine. Upon some questioning users on the forum find out you tried to run it without doing the proper performance upgrades to the fuel system at first. Everyone on the forum laughs at you, 2 guys tell you to get a better fuel system and you sit there whining about how the engine manufacturer is at fault. 

Welcome to the internet.

Terrible analogy, doesn't even apply to this.  This game is like buying a brand NEW car, not an old one where you swapped out engines.  At no time when they were charging people money for a full released game did they say 'This game is a direct port from a pc version so it's gone be buggy as $hit".  

This is like buying a new car, having the wheels keep falling off and the dealership says" deal with it".  But in your world apparently that's ok with you. 

On 2/4/2019 at 11:30 PM, JayP said:

I have to disagree.. This game is sold as an xbox game. That means, yes, it should run on an xbox. 100% you should not have to buy an SSD to get what you were promised. Now the devs might realise everyone will need an SSD or an X but the game was sold as a FULL PRODUCT RELEASE! That means it's ready to go, which it just isn't. 

Your analogy states that the engine wasn't made for that car, where as this version of the game was made and released for xbox, not for only xbox x users with SSDs. 

People have paid money for a product. Not only did they not get the performance they were promised, now they're told to spend another £100 to make the game work? Haha please, anyone with an open mind can see how ridiculous it all is

No, plain and simple, this game is a port from PC. That means it was made for PC, and they modified the code to run on Xbox. They did not make this game for Xbox. I guess most people don't understand what a port is, hence the extremely relevant analogy of buying an engine and then running it with a sub par fuel system and complaining about performance. It makes no sense. 

54 minutes ago, Jbarton95 said:

No, plain and simple, this game is a port from PC. That means it was made for PC, and they modified the code to run on Xbox. They did not make this game for Xbox. I guess most people don't understand what a port is, hence the extremely relevant analogy of buying an engine and then running it with a sub par fuel system and complaining about performance. It makes no sense. 

It seems like you're just trying to argue for some reason, or maybe you're just misunderstand what we're saying. 

This game, that is sold as an xbox game, should run on an xbox. It shouldn't require further hardware updates (SSD) 

So I came up with an analogy at work earlier. It's probably long, and likely no bugger will read it, but here goes.

A new car is released. It's a great car, really top notch, and around half the price of other cars on the market. Sadly, the car has one issue. It crashes. Literally loses grip, often when it first sets off, and crashes. The car manufacturers try to fix it, but they make slow progress. Sometimes it gets better, but other times it gets worse. Damn.

Then, some bright spark makes a suggestion. If u buy new tyres for the car, it works much better. Problem solved.

Or is it? Cos the tyres cost more than the car did in the first place!! And is it really up to the driver to fix the cars issues? Not really.. but the manufacturer can't fix it, and it's either this, learn to deal with the crashes or leave it in the driveway, hoping for a fix one day.

The choice is yours...