1971ChevelleSS

Do the devs actually play their own game?

Just curious if the developers actually try their own product...might help them realize what needs to be fixed. They keep pushing worthless skins and non-essential shit down our throats but when it comes to fixing all of the issues brought up in these forums daily, they seem to ignore them.

With the player base dwindling as time passes and seemingly zero cares about their loyal player base, just something to consider...

• Like 4
  • RIP 1

3 minutes ago, 1971ChevelleSS said:

Just curious if the developers actually try their own product...might help them realize what needs to be fixed. They keep pushing worthless skins and non-essential shit down our throats but when it comes to fixing all of the issues brought up in these forums daily, they seem to ignore them.

With the player base dwindling as time passes and seemingly zero cares about their loyal player base, just something to consider...

I think they play.

1 hour ago, sgt_gh0st said:

I think they play.

i think they dont, since the veichle problem is still there, losin 99% hp getting "run over" in 5km/h on the side of the car by a teammate.......

• Haha 1

I can understand your frustration, but we all play the game and are very passionate about it. I for one am an ex-professional player with over 3000 hours in PUBG and the other community coordinators have ~2000 hours and play the game on a daily basis.

Although we may not reply to everything, we do read almost everything that's submitted to the forums and take player feedback into strong consideration. We're actively pushing content out and fixing issues - our latest update had over 55 bug fixes and additional QOL changes that you can read here: 

Any constructive feedback or suggestions to improve the game are always appreciated, so please send them through and we'll forward them through to the team.

Thanks!

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, PUBG_McClutch said:

Although we may not reply to everything, we do read almost everything that's submitted to the forums and take player feedback into strong consideration.

That’s great that you guys read almost everything. May I suggest that a small reply on more topics would be highly appreciated. 

Sometimes when people post suggestions and they dont get a reply from you guys they can feel like it hasnt even been read. A feeling of hopelessness.  

Now I understand that there is alot of suggestions that had already been posted and perhaps even those you answered to already. You cannot go into every topic and reply I get that. But a confirmation that you read it would at least bring me satisfaction. 

And  knowing that it has been passed along to the team if it was something good would be just awesome to know. 

Because then you will not feel like nobody listened. And people reading it would not post about this again. I think It would help alot. 

• Like 2

Pssst.. redzone, on Erangel at least, is not as entertaining as one would expect? - Just one of those things...

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

3 hours ago, PUBG_McClutch said:

I can understand your frustration, but we all play the game and are very passionate about it. I for one am an ex-professional player with over 3000 hours in PUBG and the other community coordinators have ~2000 hours and play the game on a daily basis.

Although we may not reply to everything, we do read almost everything that's submitted to the forums and take player feedback into strong consideration. We're actively pushing content out and fixing issues - our latest update had over 55 bug fixes and additional QOL changes that you can read here: 

Any constructive feedback or suggestions to improve the game are always appreciated, so please send them through and we'll forward them through to the team.

Thanks!

"Ex pro" you played a total of 4 months wouldnt call that pro.... 

Of the bug part,  the worst thing that has been in the game since it first came is the thing ive been complaining about in the past posts, The way the veichle works, if they go 5 km/h and you run into the car to press F, if youre lucky u dont get hit and loses 99% of the hp.... if youre lucky you get in the veichle and loses 50% hp.....

They may read the forums but they never post unless its patchnotes or defending their own honour like in this case above. More activity from the devs on the forum would be nice. 

Edited by Gomer_Pyle

think op being a little too extreme. but I believe it's naive to think that pubg did not attract a lot of non-gamers to its company. when the internet bubble occurred a lot of non-technical people suddenly went to silicon valley for jobs.

I remember when patch releases had lobbies that did not work after one game. so literally somebody tested the release by just playing one game and not didn't bother to play another game afterwards.

but I believe something changed in the company causing many to actually start playing. however, imo this brings about another issue in that I believe most of the company's active players just hotdrops and only play fpp mode.

I play tpp and fpp interchangeably and the game feels completely different in these 2 modes. there's a completely different set of players playing these modes. imo this situation happen because of the bias towards fpp style play and hotdropping. you have this weird extreme bias against tpp style play on social media. I am not blaming the pubg devs for this but imo if the most of the company do only play fpp and just hotdops, then that's not helping the matter.

I would accept if PUBG was free2play, but when you pay real money for a game like PUBG - it should damn work, not like it have been or is atm. 

1 minute ago, erkogbg said:

I would accept if PUBG was free2play, but when you pay real money for a game like PUBG - it should damn work, not like it have been or is atm. 

That's being a bit overly dramatic.

I paid $30 back in EA for it. Knowing everything that's happened so far, I'd easily do it all over again.

BO4, on the other hand, I'd get a refund for it and never look back.

19 hours ago, PUBG_McClutch said:

Thanks!

I appreciate the response and it is good to know that everyone plays the game so I assume that you are all feeling some of the same issues we are. I also agree that a bit more interaction from the development team with the dedicated community may help ease our tension. 

There are quite a few issues brought up that are meaningful (and quite a few bad ones also honestly) but the topics I see most are desync, map selection issues (nobody seems to be getting into Mirimar or Erangel), region play issues with lots of laggy players from other countries, and cheaters seemingly returning to the game.

Wasn't sure if any of those were on the radar to fix sooner rather than later but it would be nice to address them.

c'mon... it took devs almost 2 years to deliver the gun default option to chose between single/auto ...

that's not what I call listening to the community

the game is still full of desyncs. Guns are still poping 5 or 10 seconds after landing... 

Pubg fix campaign was a joke. You are all busy creating 20$ skins

• Thanks 1

if anyone who is playing the game is not experiencing this EVERY TIME... please tell me I am wrong

20 hours ago, PUBG_McClutch said:

Thanks!

Hey everyone it's new smg pp bizon. 

Wow nice! Fighting in paradise resort with this would be awesome. 

It's in Erangel and Vikendi only.

But I'm Sanhok player and playing Miramar sometimes. I don't like the other maps that much.

Go away it's not for you.

Devs in nutshell. Start with adding that thing on picture in all maps if you care much. Thank you.

Edited by Freeze339

LOL the only reason they add skins etx is because they relize that all other battle royal games are making lots of money off this. millions if not tens of millions. and there games are getting greater numbers by the day and pubg have literely lost around half of there player base since last year. its going to die very very soon. more and more people are talking about how shit pubg is every time they update, iv spent 1000's of hours on it and the last update is the worst update they have done. 

8 minutes ago, jouzeroff said:

if anyone who is playing the game is not experiencing this EVERY TIME... please tell me I am wrong

You are wrong.

• Like 1

biochemikas are u seriouse? you dnt get none of these problems haha thats a full blown lie. admittedly there not as bad as they use to be but still. wen it came out on preview you were waiting like 40-50 seconds for the maps to loads haha now its like 10-15 im not even joking.

No I don't. Maybe once in a blue moon, but I don't pay too much attention. Most of my games go without any problems at all. Your "every time" can't be further from reality.

44 minutes ago, Tequieza said:

waiting like 40-50 seconds for the maps to loads haha now its like 10-15

Game loads faster and you don't like it? I'm confused. Nothing changed in that respect for me though.

Edited by Biochemikas

7 minutes ago, Biochemikas said:

No I don't. Maybe once in a blue moon, but I don't pay too much attention. Most of my games go without any problems at all. Your "every time" can't be further from reality.

Game loads faster and you don't like it? I'm confused. Nothing changed in that respect for me though.

it my bad im on the rong forum im using xbox. just go on youtube youl see it still has every single problem he mentioned 

5 minutes ago, Tequieza said:

it my bad im on the rong forum im using xbox. just go on youtube youl see it still has every single problem he mentioned 

Well I guess that makes sense then. Xbox is weaker "computer" than my toaster...

Just now, Biochemikas said:

Well I guess that makes sense then. Xbox is weaker "computer" than my toaster...

haha at first i hated you. now i want you to be my best friend :D 

joking lolll yup you are spot on. hahahaha i laughed so hard reading that nice 1 

21 hours ago, PUBG_McClutch said:

Thanks!

would love to see the Dev's play with some pro teams or streamers in a charity tournament. Let us get to know them and their personalities......or even just jump in and 4 devs in a squad in some random games and stream it or release the video the next day or something.....

• Like 2

I've suggested in general that Devs should have more of an MMO moderator style system...

The power to enter any live game and appear as a custom player graphic. Maybe an aura or some indication that they are staff as well. A moderator prescence would strengthen the community I think.

I've played games in the past where I used to friend staff and even get pranked by them. It was fun...

I think the game is going really well, there has been much improvement. By far the biggest problem is FPS affecting rate of fire, I look forward to a fix to this. The next issue is the almost non existence of Rain, Fog and I've not yet seen night mode Vikendi on live servers yet, so it must be pretty rare.

For example, if we are fortunate enough to get rain or fog, it should be raining or fog for the far majority of the time. And the rain droplets inside buildings is a bit weird, there was a time before Vikendi that rain was almost perfect IMO.

Edited by RAND0M7