Can someone tell me newest news about that topic? I took a long break since i became aware of that and i am waiting for the fix before i come back.

• Like 1

i have read that more fps makes more damage. if thats true they could force lock everyone to 60fps with vsync btw.

• RIP 1

5 minutes ago, fail0r said:

i have read that more fps makes more damage. if thats true they could force lock everyone to 60fps with vsync btw.

That is REALLY not how you solve the problem. Just put Vsync in for everybody lol. alot of people would quit.

Tbh the difference isn't even that big! What was it, 2-5 bullets faster with a 40 bullet mag? And it's just when spraying.

It's still a problem that needs to be fixed yes but it's not a game changer in that way. And fps is not fixed, it changes all the time. Even if you have slightly higher fire rate than another guy doesn't mean you would win the fight. If this was a major problem then Scar would fail 90% of the tiems against an M4, which it doesn't.

You hit your shots, you are most likely gonna win. And then there's where you hit your shots. Recoil will be slightly easier to control with lower fire rate so there's that factor as Well.

Edited by Willitz

1 hour ago, Willitz said:

That is REALLY not how you solve the problem. Just put Vsync in for everybody lol. alot of people would quit.

Tbh the difference isn't even that big! What was it, 2-5 bullets faster with a 40 bullet mag? And it's just when spraying.

It's still a problem that needs to be fixed yes but it's not a game changer in that way. And fps is not fixed, it changes all the time. Even if you have slightly higher fire rate than another guy doesn't mean you would win the fight. If this was a major problem then Scar would fail 90% of the tiems against an M4, which it doesn't.

You hit your shots, you are most likely gonna win. And then there's where you hit your shots. Recoil will be slightly easier to control with lower fire rate so there's that factor as Well.

The problem is with 120 fps you have 100% fire rate in m4, but when u do have 121 fps your fire rate is around 80%. Its 20% difference. Not 3-4 % - ITS 20%. It can screw your muscle memory, your chances of winning and everything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pekuses said:

It can screw your muscle memory, your chances of winning and everything.

Im glad that someone see that finally. Same goes for desync and high pingers - every person means diffrent prediction shooting.

9 hours ago, Pekuses said:

Can someone tell me newest news about that topic?

Still a major problem. If your on 60hz like myself, the only thing you can really do is leave your FPS unrestricted and hope for 100+ fps consistently to get a more accurate image (still worse) and less noticeable screen tearing and stuttering.

I just reverted back to my 60fps lock and have to put up with this major disadvantaged at close ranges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFTldQxLOJs

9 hours ago, fail0r said:

Generally more FPS does mean faster rate of fire, which is more DPS. This is due to the fact that the higher you go in FPS the less margin for error there is and thus it's faster.

DPS Trueness - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/5/d/e/2PACX-1vR4O4HIdK_19CfWW-s7LVX262MooGbXcDuVZMSPnbrG33710Fda7c9bY8v7y3fz-jdNJM04ePc8ttQb/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Note: It's out by 1 frame.

As you can see from that spreadsheet, the higher you go the greener it all becomes. If you lock your FPS at 69 and can hold that 24/7, then you will shoot the fastest possible with the Beryl for example.

The biggest problem with this is that they were silly enough to make 60fps practically the worst rate of fire for the majority of guns, thus it affects 60hz users greatly.

Also they can't force lock people at 60fps, since then it would be a complete waste for all of those who put the money into 144hz Gsync/freesync.

Edited by RAND0M7
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Willitz said:

Recoil will be slightly easier to control with lower fire rate so there's that factor as Well.

lol it's not a perk. There are extremely few scenarios where this would actually come in handy, they are usually those scenarios where one is debating whether to go auto or single. Everything else, all close ranges and majority mid ranges I'm at a great disadvantage.

Its not just higher fps though is it ? 

In that youtube video (wajcyjacky? ) he set the fps to 70 and got a good RoF on one weapon, then set to 71 and got a slower RoF .. you can set some fairly extreme looking examples and I am sure that occasionally it impacts the outcome of fights .. and it should be fixed if possible.  but largely you are not both firing at each other starting at the same time with the same weapon which is the situation where this will have an impact is it not ??

1 hour ago, RAND0M7 said:

Thanks for sharing the chart, it is very useful. From what I can tell for highest damage it is best to set to 70fps for 60hz, 128 fps for 120hz, 140(higher average) or 163 fps for 144hz, and 233 or 256(higher average) fps for 240hz monitors. This is based off of all full weapons listed in that chart, not just AK, M4, and Scar.

Edit: But it really depends on what weapons you prefer overall. No reason to care about the Tommy's, or other's, sweet spot if you never use it...

Edited by MKPeak

Hey all,

@PUBG_Hawkinz Responded to this recently on Reddit with some additional information. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/ami8zm/2_weeks_ago_pubg_reps_promised_an_answer/efmvwly/?context=3

"We haven't forgotten about it, we're still going to explain what the issue is and our next steps going forward.

Considering I've already set expectations and broken them by missing the timeline I shared with you all, I'm not going to do the same again.

Please hold tight and keep an eye out for an official post."

Hopefully, we'll be able to update you with something soon!

• Thanks 1

Thanks @PUBG_McClutch. I'm not up on Reddit or Twitter so this update is much appreciated.

Good up to @PUBG_Hawkinz also for their post, and taking responsibility even though it was nothing they could actually control. That is the type of boss/employee everyone wants in my opinion.

Thank you.

Edit: Is there a preferred platform that we should all be following? It just seems that something important is said somewhere else and never here on the official forums, until later..

Edited by MKPeak
the edit.

3 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

Its not just higher fps though is it ? 

Yes and no. There are pros and cons to following the chart and locking the FPS to the specific frame rate, you really need Gsync/Freesync to do it and you need to be able to hold that FPS consistently and it needs to be changed based on what gun one picks up, overall the best experience is to get really high FPS to reduce the margin for error, then all guns shoot fast and there is no fiddling.

3 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

but largely you are not both firing at each other starting at the same time with the same weapon which is the situation where this will have an impact is it not ??

For myself on 60hz 60fps, it very much affects me, since the M416 is at a rate of about 0.87 while those fluctuating FPS in the 100's will be around 0.95 to 1.0

3 hours ago, MKPeak said:

From what I can tell for highest damage it is best to set to 70fps for 60hz

It's out by 1 frame, so it's actually 69fps, and the major problem with this is that the screen tearing and stuttering is horrendous on a 60hz monitor locked at 69fps and since it's tearing your seeing 1 frame ahead or behind where the tear is so it's also not an accurate image making it harder to hit the target. I can't play like that so went back to locking it at 60fps again with this disadvantage and hoping for a fix.

Those with 144hz Gsync or Freesync can follow that chart easily and have it work perfectly for max rate of fire on all guns.

58 minutes ago, PUBG_McClutch said:

Hopefully, we'll be able to update you with something soon!

Thank you, that's very good to read, frustrating when this affects me greatly at 60hz 60fps and I don't know if your even working on a solution or not.

If you can't stop FPS affecting rate of fire, I would settle for an adjustment in rate of fire so that at 60hz 60fps it was not practically the worst rate of fire on the majority of guns, that way those locked at 60fps for 60hz and those fluctuating in the 100's FPS whether through 60hz unrestricted or 144hz Gsync/Freesync would even out to be around the same rate of fire. 0.95 to 1.0 is IMO negligible, but 0.87 to 1.0 is way too much.

Thanks again for this update.

Edited by RAND0M7

Just now, RAND0M7 said:

It's out by 1 frame, so it's actually 69fps, and the major problem with this is that the screen tearing and stuttering is horrendous on a 60hz monitor locked at 69fps and since it's tearing your seeing 1 frame ahead or behind where the tear is so it's also not an accurate image when the screen tearing is bad making it harder to hit the target. I can't play like that so went back to locking ti at 60fps again with this disadvantage and hoping for a fix.

What about an in game cap at 69fps with a forced monitor cap at 60hz? I have a 60hz monitor, cap in game at 75 fps(set a long time ago), and fast sync on my Nvidia Control Panel...  I don't even know how this stuff works on the whole... 75hz has always felt better since I don't drop below 60 fps. I would drop below 60 fps with a 60 fps cap even with Power settings...

8 minutes ago, MKPeak said:

What about an in game cap at 69fps with a forced monitor cap at 60hz?

I can only cap the FPS at one setting, if I use another software and it's capped lower, it will use the lower FPS cap, as for the monitor, it's locked at 60hz regardless, unless I overclock the monitor or underclock it. As for Fast Sync, I tried that, I didn't notice any improvement and could not even tell if it were working correctly or not since my FPS was unrestricted anyway. Fast sync either didn't work or wasn't very good though because the screen tearing and stuttering was just as bad IMO.

Apparently fast sync is supposed to run unrestricted and then just drop off the extra frames to avoid screen tearing, but it was designed for those who could hold high FPS like 200+ which isn't possible for me in PUBG, and at which point doesn't make much difference anyway because in the 200's the screen tears become that much minor anyway due to how many frames you get.

Edited by RAND0M7

Higher FPS does not increase your DPS strictly speaking. If your FPS is not in sync with the weapons rate of fire then you will loose dps. You will never go higher than what is inteded for the weapon. This was actually spotted in pretty much every FPS as far as I know, with PUBG simply being more pronounced.

While in theory a high FPS will allow more weapons to be in sync, personaly I recommend setting a limit on your FPS somewhere you know you can keep it steady and acording to the chart, most guns perform well enough. Personally I went for 81 FPS which means that the RoF loss is pretty negligable on every weapon (with the most being M16 and M249 beimg up to 14%) and I can gurantee that I will be hitting that constantly. The variation in FPS when trying to maintain above 120 is a whole lot worse than playing at sub 100. Since I played at a decent ~120 I can safely say that dropping to 81 will not make the game feel slugish at all.

Other than that I feel like going for a 120 lock is the next bext thing as anything above that being "smoother" is more a placebo than actually feeling better. Again, variation is the problem, not the number you are hitting. Sure, the loss of 14% might mean that you are 0.5 bullets behind someone with a higher FPS, however a variation of FPS means that your recoil patern is far less stable making every full auto spray harder to control.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RAND0M7 said:

lol it's not a perk. There are extremely few scenarios where this would actually come in handy, they are usually those scenarios where one is debating whether to go auto or single. Everything else, all close ranges and majority mid ranges I'm at a great disadvantage.

I'm talking about the comparison between Scar and M4. A weapons dps means very little if you can't handle the recoil or hit your shots.

18 hours ago, HellDuke said:

personaly I recommend setting a limit on your FPS somewhere you know you can keep it steady and acording to the chart, most guns perform well enough.

Only works properly if you have 144hz Gsync/Freesync, as those of us on 60hz will get horrendous screen tearing and stuttering unless it's in the 100's of FPS which can't be held consistently.