Jump to content
babikucit

Massive Packet Loss

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I've been receiving this packet loss starting from 15% - 200%ish noticeably only at night around my time 7PM - 2AM SGT.

It has been going on from the 22nd of January (the night before update#25 came on the test server) until now.

I've checked through various speed tests and shows that I have no jitter or packet loss with constant ping.

I am playing on SEA server.

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, would like to find out what is the cause of it? also a player on SEA server in Singapore, did some internet speed test and testing on other online games not having any similar problem.  Low ping but experiencing high packet loss starting at the same time period at around 7pm GMT+8(Singapore time)

Edited by 01051205

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep I can confirm it has been going on for 3 days, every 7pm until 1am -ish it will start losing packets. As of now its running smoothly without a problem. Need someone from bluehole’s side to confirm this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing these troubles! I'd recommend you contact your ISP and make them aware of these problems.

 

After searching and finding similar reports from others using your ISP even on different games, I believe this is an ISP related issue, potentially related to AWS routing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

Hi guys,

 

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing these troubles! I'd recommend you contact your ISP and make them aware of these problems.

 

After searching and finding similar reports from others using your ISP even on different games, I believe this is an ISP related issue, potentially related to AWS routing.

Hi,

 

At the said time where packet loss happens, whenever i tried playing games like dota2, cs:go, and monster hunter they do not have any connection problem. So yeah, just PUBG here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 4:16 AM, babikucit said:

Hi,

 

At the said time where packet loss happens, whenever i tried playing games like dota2, cs:go, and monster hunter they do not have any connection problem. So yeah, just PUBG here

 

That is not necesarily true. Your ISP is responsible to what route your packets take to a server. Dota2 and CS:GO generally utilize their own server infrastructure, while PUBG specifically uses Amazon AWS service. Your ISP could be having issues with routing packets to Amazon AWS but not Valves servers. With internet traffic it's not as simple as "if service A does not work but service B is fine, then it must be something on the end of service A". Heck, you can play every game just fine and be unable to play PUBG and it could even be a problem on your own hardware if you mess around with it. Oh, and your internet service provider definetely messes around with theirs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having the same problems after the latest patch which I believe is #25. I have 300 down/50 up with no changes to system, network and devices. Had tech come out and check out the connections and troubleshoot to nothing.

 

IT IS DEFINETELY NOT ME!!!

 

I have done all the troubleshooting in the world to no avail. Just restart your server and it will fix it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ccollado said:

I am having the same problems after the latest patch which I believe is #25. I have 300 down/50 up with no changes to system, network and devices. Had tech come out and check out the connections and troubleshoot to nothing.

 

IT IS DEFINETELY NOT ME!!!

 

I have done all the troubleshooting in the world to no avail. Just restart your server and it will fix it

As stated in the comments above, your connection may very well be fine and work flawlessly in a speed test to your ISP. But when it comes to routing your packets from your PC through your ISP to the AWS servers that PUBG uses there can be issues. Contact your ISP and report high packed loss instances to AWS servers when playing PUBG. 

We are unable to fix or modify your routing of packages that your ISP handles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PUBG_HappyWhale said:

As stated in the comments above, your connection may very well be fine and work flawlessly in a speed test to your ISP. But when it comes to routing your packets from your PC through your ISP to the AWS servers that PUBG uses there can be issues. Contact your ISP and report high packed loss instances to AWS servers when playing PUBG. 

We are unable to fix or modify your routing of packages that your ISP handles.

and like I previously stated. Done and Done. Not a problem as reported by the ISP.

 

I have done my part in troubleshooting. The real question is instead of giving us these recommendations would be:

 

Have you done any troubleshooting on YOUR END? The answer would be... NO! because its not your fault ever. It's always the consumer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FUNNY STORY! Servers just got done with maintenance. Guess what is gone after server maintenance! MY PACKET LOSS IS GONE!

 

VERY SUS! #ITOLDYOUSO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly, I've been getting this as well. Never happened before. Very strange, only in PUBG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×