Sign in to follow this  
AntiChunk236602

Vikendi promotes camping

11 minutes ago, IX_TASTY_XI said:

The battle royale genre promotes camping. 

I get this, I really do.

But this map has a combination of lots and lots of buildings - way more than the other maps. AND, slow-moving zones.

It just seems much worse to me on this map right now, that's all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jax Brundvandt said:

LOL ... It says different because it's different, just the opposite...

Sanhok was kind of more of the same, green, trees , no new noises or wind stuff...and all that, the new thing then was that it was a really small map with the same ammount of players...

Now people have figure out that they're being killed because of the reckless or stupidly aggressive way of playing in such a small map with loot everywhere so they're holding the horses a little bit and the only way people know how to do that is lie down on a shade or hide in a corner... :P

maybe...

The size, circle movement, availability of weapons... I find it hard to see vikendi as a map that promotes movement.

While I agree that as with any shooter, camping is a valid strategy and I definitely do it when I need to heal or plot my next move; it still annoys me lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zorg00 said:

While I agree that as with any shooter, camping is a valid strategy and I definitely do it when I need to heal or plot my next move; it still annoys me lol.

Absolutely. 

I don't mind that people take up good positions. Thats how we played Goldeneye for years- You take the best defensible position and farm the Armor packs to stay alive (we were playing 2v2 with -10 AC so you died in 1 shot, 2 to the body if you had armor). 

the issue arises when good positions are plentiful and you're required to move very little. I don't like that kind of gameplay. Its what Sanhok has turned into with its abundance of buildings. Its what vikendi was almost immediately.... at least in my experience.

My hope is FPP. I've avoided it because wait times have been a little too high for my tastes... but I may have to switch back to it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jdog183 said:

Sounds like you and your buddies need to learn how to properly clear houses

This ^  . Also dont expect everyone else to have to or want to play COD running wide open everywhere. This is not a normal deathmatch , The goal is exactly like it would be in real life.. Do what you need to do to survive. I personally dont make it a habit to camp. However i do close doors behind me when i enter a house. So if someone enters , i hear a door open. Then i know to stop moving . Wait to hear where they are and make a tactical choice on how to proceed. Depends a lot on what weapons i have, how is my health, where or how close is rest of my team. 

So just because you find someone "camping" does not mean they just been sitting there the whole map . You probably caught them in the house looting and they know their in a bad spot , and in order to survive its best to catch opponent off guard , instead of just running wide open towards them. 

So maybe stop worring so much about KD( because it really does not matter its not the point of this game) and as the above stated, learn to clear a house with a teammate when you enter.Everyone should not have to be forced to play just how you want them because it suits you .

• Like 1

21 час назад, AntiChunk236602 сказал:

Люди просто прячутся в соединениях, потому что их так много.

До этой карты я составлял в среднем 3+ кд и играл относительно агрессивно.

Сейчас я редко вижу кого-либо, и все, кажется, прячутся в соединениях.

Каждый раз, когда мы стреляем, мы становимся третьими

Я уверен, что звук изменился, потому что мы вообще не слышим, как люди прячутся в том же здании, что и мы.

Делать шаги, которые можно услышать дальше, просто способствует походу.

На самом деле хочу, чтобы это нравилось, но пока что это ужасно.

As for me, the jungle is more suitable for campers, because there they were killing me most often from behind)))

On 1/24/2019 at 9:02 AM, AntiChunk236602 said:

Wrong.

I'll just play it less, all I said was it promotes camping and I'm not enjoying it. That's my opinion.

Would much rather they work on FPS than removing some buildings.

I even said "I really want to like this" but that I'm not enjoying it in my original post.

These forums exist to generate discussion and feedback yet far too often people see something they don't like and just resort to petty remarks.

Yeah, your original post sounded like well constructed feedback and not at all like you played Vikendi for a while, died a whole bunch, and came to the forums to complain about it. My mistake.

22 hours ago, pajama dad said:

Absolutely. 

I don't mind that people take up good positions. Thats how we played Goldeneye for years- You take the best defensible position and farm the Armor packs to stay alive (we were playing 2v2 with -10 AC so you died in 1 shot, 2 to the body if you had armor). 

the issue arises when good positions are plentiful and you're required to move very little. I don't like that kind of gameplay. Its what Sanhok has turned into with its abundance of buildings. Its what vikendi was almost immediately.... at least in my experience.

My hope is FPP. I've avoided it because wait times have been a little too high for my tastes... but I may have to switch back to it.

Come on in, the waters great!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joshvillen said:

Come on in, the waters great!!!

I'll try it again this weekend.

10 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

I'll try it again this weekend.

I just find it interesting that something like 80% of the population prefers TPP and yet comps are running FPP

I kind of wish the game never got split into two different camps. I 100% will always prefer FPP but this rift is doing no favors to the longevity of the series 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, joshvillen said:

I just find it interesting that something like 80% of the population prefers TPP and yet comps are running FPP

I kind of wish the game never got split into two different camps. I 100% will always prefer FPP but this rift is doing no favors to the longevity of the series 

absolutely. Its a bit of a shame.

In a game where it's you vs. 99, there's no such thing as camping.

If it was team based, and you could respawn indefinitely, sure, I'd understand where you're coming from.

But it's perfectly acceptable and viable tactic to utilize.

Just be more careful and aware of your surroundings.

@AntiChunk236602 True that man, I have noticed a huge uptick in Camping. It is two factor. 

1. The Blue Zone Circle reduces only a little each time, giving player more time to sit places.

2. There are so many building clusters, you rarely run into people out in the field, making it easier to camp. 

I believe #2 needs to be addressed. While I love having many places to loot, I think there are just too many, or maybe the loot is just a bit too good. Either way, I want to see less camping.

#1 I don't want them to change much because I like being able to have more time to hunt down or snipe (with Ghillie Suit) and not have to worry about moving all the time.

I do enjoy the map the way it is right now, so I hope they don't change much because the following can be implemented to counter Campers (The more people do this, the better!)

I think the best way to counter campers is to change play style in the meantime.

A. Check your corners. (Toss nades)

B. Watch the sky to see if people are landing in clusters near your drop zone. (Since the map is plentiful with loot, people typically will not go very far so if you do a quick look around before you land you should be able to determine if anyone will be potentially camping in nearby clusters).

C. Look for Tracks. I think that the Devs probably understood camping in this map might be an issue. Tracks are super useful, look for them before entering buildings. If you follow B, you typically don't have to worry about campers at the beginning of the game, unless the squad travels a long distance, which means they likely have a Car, so look for Tracks. (If they don't have tracks, then props to them and they probably deserve it.. See A.)

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 9:18 AM, AntiChunk236602 said:

Lol cheers.

I don't want to approach every little building assuming there is someone hiding completely still behind a door. That is boring.

For now I'll just go back to the old maps, just sharing my opinion! 

Approaching every little building trategically is actually a very smart thing to do. 

There's no way of knowing if someone is in a she'd unless you actually see them.enter it, so coming up on the flank, away from.any windows OS my preferred method.

1 hour ago, Rock1obsta said:

Approaching every little building trategically is actually a very smart thing to do. 

There's no way of knowing if someone is in a she'd unless you actually see them.enter it, so coming up on the flank, away from.any windows OS my preferred method.

It’s also boring. Though I agree that’s the sensible thing.

What I really mean is I approach a building tactically - hear nothing. Open doors - hear nothing. Then suddenly, someone who was hiding the whole time and not moving an inch kills me, having to be prepared for that is really boring to me.

The entire pace of this map is super slow which again for me is a bit boring.

Got a 12 kill solo win the other night avoiding buildings, solos I can do. But, on duos dealing with two people hiding in silence is too much.

Ill just be playing this map less!

Edited by AntiChunk236602

It would appear FPP folks are tired of the building camping haha image.png.ee181d2df644e699133e9099cb97fbab.png