Sign in to follow this  
Black Dahlia NZ

Audio options finally.

They finally added audio options, I always liked the original theme music but it was SO loud I had to turn it off or couldn’t hear friends talking. Thankyou 🙏

2 minutes ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

They finally added audio options, I always liked the original theme music but it was SO loud I had to turn it off or couldn’t hear friends talking. Thankyou 🙏

Same here. The theme music is different now. I prefer the first one.

I see there is a master volume slider and a sound effect slider. This might be a stupid question, but what does each one control? I know master volume is everything, but what are the effects?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spanker63 said:

I see there is a master volume slider and a sound effect slider. This might be a stupid question, but what does each one control? I know master volume is everything, but what are the effects?

gunshots, vehicle noises, foot steps, rain etc. I assume

Edited by Breadhack
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spanker63 said:

Yea I prefer the original theme too. Not 100% on effects, maybe that’s like plane and red zone? I can’t remember but was there a vehicle slider?

1 minute ago, Breadhack said:

gunshots, vehicle noises, foot steps, rain etc. I assume

I wonder why you would want to turn any of that down, maybe the rain but then that kinda defeats the purpose and would be an advantage. 

• Like 1

I thought it was a bit weird too being able to dial back the effects. They are really quite critical when playing the game.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

Yea I prefer the original theme too. Not 100% on effects, maybe that’s like plane and red zone? I can’t remember but was there a vehicle slider?

No just Master Volume,  UI Volume, Effects Volume & Menu Music Volume. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DecoratedShamus said:

No just Master Volume,  UI Volume, Effects Volume & Menu Music Volume. 

Hmm UI volume? Would that be the sound of the clicks when scrolling through menus, inventory and looting? I’ll add it to the list for Andy.

Edited by Black Dahlia NZ

19 hours ago, Black Dahlia NZ said:

I wonder why you would want to turn any of that down, maybe the rain but then that kinda defeats the purpose and would be an advantage. 

I would like to have that same option with some of my friends who seems to be eating or chewing their mics all the time... 

Jokes apart, lowering the volumes of my squad's steps would be nice since the game only registers 4 sounds sources at the same time which I believe it means that, if you hava a friend walking, another reloading or using bandages, other shooting or making noises you wont be able to hear people approaching or more than two firearms shooting away at the same time....

BTW I always mute the music... And some friends who I don't know why they play with headsets and the tv volume all the way up... So annoying...