Glokcoma

Updates or entire game rework?

Why is it that we still have to download the entire game again every time we update it? As someone with slowish internet it’s a real pain.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Glokcoma said:

Why is it that we still have to download the entire game again every time we update it? As someone with slowish internet it’s a real pain.

Because the updates contain updates.

• Haha 1

Not everytime. This was a big update and hence they had to make sure everything goes well.

Did you read the patch notes?

They changed/added an insane amount of stuff with this patch..

6 minutes ago, Gros Yake said:

Did you read the patch notes?

They changed/added an insane amount of stuff with this patch..

It has always been like this. 

The "updates" have always been a reinstalation of the whole game. 

• RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BugGBlueballs said:

It has always been like this. 

The "updates" have always been a reinstalation of the whole game. 

No its not like that last few update you were not required to install full games.

I feel your pain man. And where I am if I want have decent speeds I have to pay by the GB. Was hoping this was going to be a smaller one, was kind of blown away when they added almost 6gb to the initial game. May get lucky and able to play by the weekend Haha....laughing holds back the tears

9 hours ago, Evilishdevil said:

Not everytime. This was a big update and hence they had to make sure everything goes well.

Yes everytime lol since feb 2017 its always been a full game download

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

8 hours ago, GodSlayer69 said:

Yes everytime lol since feb 2017 its always been a full game download

Not Sure Bro, Since, 1.0 release there were few updates which did not ask me to download the game completely.

A whole new map, plus all the new UI stuff and the new parachuting..that's about 20gbs worth

11 hours ago, Evilishdevil said:

Not Sure Bro, Since, 1.0 release there were few updates which did not ask me to download the game completely.

It doesn't ask you to re-download the game, but that's what it is. 

Or do you think that a 20GB patch makes sense when the whole game was about 17GB.

It has been like this since forever. 

Only once or twice have they released a patch that was small. 

On 1/22/2019 at 10:08 PM, Glokcoma said:

Just set your Xbox up so it keeps your games and apps up to date. While I'm at work and there's an update, by the time I get home it's done. 

On 1/23/2019 at 6:34 AM, Evilishdevil said:

Hahahaha “had to make sure everything goes well” well we see how that worked out... 

12 hours ago, Evilishdevil said:

The size of the update dowloads started at about 5 gb when it was erangel only then mirimar brough it to 11 Sanhok brought it to 14 then Vikendi has now brought it to 19 but keep in mind these numbers are on the xbox one X when they do the next update watch itll be at least 19GB.

9 hours ago, GodSlayer69 said:

The size of the update dowloads started at about 5 gb when it was erangel only then mirimar brough it to 11 Sanhok brought it to 14 then Vikendi has now brought it to 19 but keep in mind these numbers are on the xbox one X when they do the next update watch itll be at least 19GB.

Thanks Man, But I know that and I am on xbox one x. 

After 1.0 release there were few updates which I remember were smaller in size probably 3-5 gb. I also remember PUBG devs mentioning the same in one of the interview that players will not be required to download the complete game again and again post 1.0 release on xbox.

9 hours ago, KiefTrev said:

Hahahaha “had to make sure everything goes well” well we see how that worked out... 

I hope you understand that these are know issue to them and were present in the released patch.

When they released it, they wanted it to be successfully release with all the known issue. 

The main reason of releasing this patch was Vikendi pass after all money is gonna come from that. 

Give me one example where community complained about something and that got fixed immediately. Provided they had really available alternative.

10 hours ago, BugGBlueballs said:

It doesn't ask you to re-download the game, but that's what it is. 

Or do you think that a 20GB patch makes sense when the whole game was about 17GB.

It has been like this since forever. 

Only once or twice have they released a patch that was small. 

That is what i am saying. They released few patch that were smaller in size. 

Rest of the time, one has to download the game completely don't know the reason behind it. But, I am sure there will be a valid reason behind it. No one would want you to download the game again and again.

I don't mind it. I have a high speed internet with no cap.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:08 PM, Glokcoma said:

I work on a large freighter ship (700 feet long, 30,000 tons of cargo at a time). When at work on the ship, I'm there for two to three months straight, then get about half that time at home. So the ship has a sprint air card (shared by all 20 crew members), which works when we get in sight of shore. So I usually try to get my PUBG fix anytime I can whole onboard. But, the internet is slow.

This past summer, I tried updating my game, and THREE times in a row—I'm not kidding you—a new patch came out before I finished downloading the update! Like a week of downloading, 80% downloaded, BAM! new patch.

Yeah those of us with slow internet definitely suffer. Luckily I'm home for another month and a half, where I have decent internet.

11 hours ago, Gentle Gopher said:

This past summer, I tried updating my game, and THREE times in a row—I'm not kidding you—a new patch came out before I finished downloading the update! Like a week of downloading, 80% downloaded, BAM! new patch.

Yeah those of us with slow internet definitely suffer. Luckily I'm home for another month and a half, where I have decent internet.

Haha I know how it is. Not to that extent but I'm on day 3 of downloading this update on my home internet, 65% as of this morning. Its rough, I play using a mobile hotspot and get good speeds that way but costs too much to use it for updates. I'm going to get this update done just to have to download the new patch(hopefully) to fix the issues I'm reading about.

• Haha 1

Well... How else would they fuck up the entire game in such a majestic way they just did, without changing it all?

• Like 2

On 1/23/2019 at 5:34 AM, Evilishdevil said:

and boy did it ...🙄

• Haha 1

Is the game suppose to freeze on the loading screen for this new update? Or do I have to uninstall and reinstall for the 2nd time today?