Just installed and opened the game, started a match and the game gave me "BE service is not running properly" error. I've restarted the game and now Windows keeps giving "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item" error, without even let me run the game.
Already tried to move the installation folder, uninstall, install it again, restart PC, disable Windows Defender but nothing helps.

I'll attach the screenshot of the error to this post (it's in italian).

Immagine.png

Hey IRealFantasy,

Could you please run through 'Step 9' in the guide linked below - this will ensure BattlEye is setup and functioning correctly.

3 minutes ago, PUBG_McClutch said:

Hey IRealFantasy,

Could you please run through 'Step 9' in the guide linked below - this will ensure BattlEye is setup and functioning correctly.

BattleEye service seems to be already set up correclty... I'll attach a screenshot.

be.png

Thanks for checking that for me mate!

Know it's a pain and you've reinstalled already, but could you try to run through step 14 in that guide for me?

This will complete a full clean install of the game and reconfigure everything, so make sure you screenshot your settings like graphics/sensitivity in case you forget them.

2 hours ago, PUBG_McClutch said:

Thanks for checking that for me mate!

Know it's a pain and you've reinstalled already, but could you try to run through step 14 in that guide for me?

This will complete a full clean install of the game and reconfigure everything, so make sure you screenshot your settings like graphics/sensitivity in case you forget them.

Tried it but no luck 😭

Hi. Try going through all the steps in the troubleshooting list. Also try performing a malwarebytes scan for malware in your system.

Unfortunately I have the same issue. I am on the Windows Insider build - this problem persists since 18312 Windows Insider Build. I think the insider builds causing the problems...

Maybe we have a fix to repair this game on newest Windows Insider builds?

The insider builds are well known to cause issues with the game. The only working answer I've seen from every thread was to opt out of the insider builds if you want more stability. Insider builds are not worth the potential hassle or frustration they can cause when all one wants to do is play.

Even Microsoft put in a warning about insider editions and how they can cause issues since developers don't develop for insider editions they develop for the releases.

Edit, I've tested this myself. There was another issue people were having from insider causing bsod. To test I updated to the insider edition and instantly had the same issues. Referring back to stable Windows was the fix.

Edited by Avohei

1 hour ago, R3dziu said:

Unfortunately I have the same issue. I am on the Windows Insider build - this problem persists since 18312 Windows Insider Build. I think the insider builds causing the problems...

Maybe we have a fix to repair this game on newest Windows Insider builds?

Do you really need insider Windows builds for a gaming rig? Personally, I’d prefer a stable release version, with a second boot partition for testing the insider builds... 

... depends on your willingness to put up with exactly this type of incompatibility I guess - and you can’t really expect developers to have immediate solutions either unfortunately...

On 1/13/2019 at 9:58 AM, IRealFantasy said:

Just installed and opened the game, started a match and the game gave me "BE service is not running properly" error. I've restarted the game and now Windows keeps giving "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item" error, without even let me run the game.
Already tried to move the installation folder, uninstall, install it again, restart PC, disable Windows Defender but nothing helps.

I'll attach the screenshot of the error to this post (it's in italian).

Immagine.png

Which Windows build are you using? Can you please post as much detail as possible describing your rig (hardware - memory, gfx, motherboard, CPU, etc)?

i'm currently on the latest insider (18317.1000), and I've experienced the exact same issue since last insider build. Just upgraded to this one today and still happening. 

I would assume clean installing windows would fix this issue, but I just can't be bothered really. I'll just play other games while this been fixed

memory is 16GB ddr3, i7 4720HQ + gtx970m

I doubt it's hardware related issue tho

6 minutes ago, 1and1get2 said:

i'm currently on the latest insider (18317.1000), and I've experienced the exact same issue since last insider build. Just upgraded to this one today and still happening. 

I would assume clean installing windows would fix this issue, but I just can't be bothered really. I'll just play other games while this been fixed

memory is 16GB ddr3, i7 4720HQ + gtx970m

I doubt it's hardware related issue tho

Yeh, I’d recommend you revert to a stable version of Windows and if the problem persists then post back. I’m not able to help with what amounts to a test version of the OS... too many variables...

5 minutes ago, theexecutioner said:

Yeh, I’d recommend you revert to a stable version of Windows and if the problem persists then post back. I’m not able to help with what amounts to a test version of the OS... too many variables...

to be honest, I don't think this is because of test/insider version. I think it'd happen with any windows upgrade at all.

also since I've upgraded from a broken system, there's no going back for me. 

My best guess is battle eye's doing something special and not carried over on system upgrade. 

I do notice when launching pubg, TslGame.exe gets recreated sometimes

Edited by 1and1get2

Hi. 
It is known that insider builds sometimes are not compatible with battleye. This is not an issue that we can fix while you are using an experimental windows build. You will need to use a normal windows OS version. 

50 minutes ago, 1and1get2 said:

to be honest, I don't think this is because of test/insider version. I think it'd happen with any windows upgrade at all.

also since I've upgraded from a broken system, there's no going back for me

My best guess is battle eye's doing something special and not carried over on system upgrade. 

I do notice when launching pubg, TslGame.exe gets recreated sometimes

Sure there is... you pull out and reinstall from scratch... Every so often I’ll do this just to refresh the system... painful, but do-able.

... add to that a solid backup regime, and you’ll be right as rain from then on ... ;)

21 hours ago, theexecutioner said:

Sure there is... you pull out and reinstall from scratch... Every so often I’ll do this just to refresh the system... painful, but do-able.

... add to that a solid backup regime, and you’ll be right as rain from then on ... ;)

I always keep an incremental wim backup especially after I upgraded the system.

i guess it's more of a personal preference, I don't really like to use an older version knowing there's a newer version available

however, I will create a .vhd install just to verify my suspicion that this is not a insider build issue. I'll do a clean install on a virtual disk and boot into it and use it just for the game

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 1and1get2 said:

i guess it's more of a personal preference, I don't really like to use an older version knowing there's a newer version available

however, I will create a .vhd install just to verify my suspicion that this is not a insider build issue. I'll do a clean install on a virtual disk and boot into it and use it just for the game

Could you report back with your findings? May help others, or direct us someplace else I guess... cheers!

1 hour ago, 1and1get2 said:

Wait.. what?

You sure about this? When Microsoft sends out an update to the masses it's the latest and most current stable version. Insider builds are basically beta versions or early access versions if you will.

But I gather that you only play on the test server then? I'm not sure if the experimental servers are still running. If they are maybe you only play on those? What version of pubg do you play on?

Cause with that thought process one can consider pubg to be the oldest version, test server to be in the newest version.

Good times!

On 1/20/2019 at 1:38 AM, theexecutioner said:

Could you report back with your findings? May help others, or direct us someplace else I guess... cheers!

after a clean install of Windows insider version 

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18317.1000 

the described problem still exists, however, after the big pubg update earlier (4.4g) for the test version (Test Server - Update #25) I can play the normal and test game no problem

2 hours ago, 1and1get2 said:

after a clean install of Windows insider version 

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18317.1000 

the described problem still exists, however, after the big pubg update earlier (4.4g) for the test version (Test Server - Update #25) I can play the normal and test game no problem

Threads here have indicated incompatibility between Battleeye anticheat and Windows Insider build - which is a beta test build after all.

Perhaps they have fixed it in the latest build, maybe. But you won’t get any guarantees on its stability. Return to a non-beta Windows install for your primary workloads, and stick with running beta only on workloads that you don’t mind failing... it’s that simple really.