Onepost1

Stop forcing me to play Miramar

I literally only want to play on Erangel as it is your best functioning map, but for some bizarre reason you put it in the same playlist as Miramar and it is just not up to par. I think if I’m forced to play Miramar another 3 times in a row again I might just not play again.

Why do we have no free map selection?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Couldn’t agree with this more. I have a good internet connection and an Xbox one x, the map doesn’t load properly even for me, let alone my friends with the original Xbox one. I don’t want to play miramar. It doesn’t load properly and the map sucks. Half the time you don’t load in until you’re in the plane. We need proper map selection. Everyone I know backs out of miramar as soon as they get it (if they’re not already in the plane). Customers won’t want to play your game if it’s not fun. Loading and backing out of miramar 5 times in a row is not fun 

Get an external hard drive or SSD and it loads great.  Don't get it just for pubg but for an overall increase in loading times.

This has been said 5000 times so either take the advice or don't complain and keep quitting out.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Haha the fact that you would have to buy an external hard drive for a game to run properly on “the most powerful console in the world” is ridiculous. Stop making excuses for bluehole, make them accountable and make them fix it. Map selection is a normal feature on pretty much every game out there

your attitude is that we should fix the games ourselves by buying extra equipment to supplement a console that runs all other games (that are made properly) perfectly and not complain about issues with it??? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JaptechSmokey said:

Haha the fact that you would have to buy an external hard drive for a game to run properly on “the most powerful console in the world” is ridiculous.

Most powerful bluray player in the world.  It's not a $2000 gaming PC.  Limited hardware was not part of the plan when PubG was originally developed.  Be thankful you're not playing the original mod on Arma 3 on a console lmao. OneX would drop to it's knees then burst into flames attempting to run that game.  

If you want a fix that won't require better hardware, beg Microsoft to get Tencent games to port the mobile version to console, lol.  Or wait for the next xbox to release and hope it's enough.

Map selection would be nice.  I don't mind Mirmar, though.

Edited by Punkers
  • Like 1

I agree you shouldn't have to have one for a specific game, until I bought a drive myself.  Whether I bought it for this game or not is irrelevant.  I bought my X when it came out in november---pub wasn't even beta yet.

I'm not making an excuse.  It simply runs better with extra hardware. Bluehole isn't going completely fix rendering so I was justifying the value of an external drive for other games/more storage in general.

You paid $30 for this game.  A drive fixes your problem with rendering I'm sorry you can't grasp that.

• Like 1

No idea who some of you are trying to impress, but nobody has given me a solid reason for us not having map selection.

Also, issues with Miramar should never be blamed on the consumer. Is there nothing more the devs can do to better optimize the map for the xb1s? If not, then at the very least there should be some sort of diclaimer before purchase that the game is intended for the xb1x only.

Edited by Onepost1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Onepost1 said:

No idea who some of you are trying to impress, but nobody has given me a solid reason for us not having map selection.

Also, issues with Miramar should never be blamed on the consumer. Is there nothing more the devs can do to better optimize the map for the xb1s? If not, then at the very least there should be some sort of diclaimer before purchase that the game is intended for the xb1x only.

If given the option, I would never play Miramar. Neither would the folks I run with. It doesn’t seem as if the chances for Miramar and Erengal are even. I get Miramar 7/10 games most days

18 minutes ago, Onepost1 said:

I literally only want to play on Erangel as it is your best functioning map, but for some bizarre reason you put it in the same playlist as Miramar and it is just not up to par. I think if I’m forced to play Miramar another 3 times in a row again I might just not play again.

Agree. 

55 minutes ago, Onepost1 said:

The reason behind it is queue time, after they released map selection on pc no one is playing miramar solo. The player base on xbox is even smaller. I guess they just not want to kill their own map😊 and for reasons i dont understand, a lot of people like the slow pased miramar style, and will probably quit the game if map selection ever comes to the consoles.

Just now, x HiHo said:

The reason behind it is queue time, after they released map selection on pc no one is playing miramar solo. The player base on xbox is even smaller. I guess they just not want to kill their own map😊 and for reasons i dont understand, a lot of people like the slow pased miramar style, and will probably quit the game if map selection ever comes to the consoles.

So instead you make the consumer sit there and back out of lobby after lobby of the Battle Royal playlist till they get Erangel....... the other day i backed out of about 9 different lobbies before getting erangel . Wasted a good 10 mins of my time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lilandy762 said:

Get an external hard drive or SSD and it loads great.  Don't get it just for pubg but for an overall increase in loading times.

This has been said 5000 times so either take the advice or don't complain and keep quitting out.

Why should anyone have to spend more money for a FULL GAME PRODUCT to actually run like a FULL GAME PRODUCT😂 the price of pubg might as well be £500 hahahaha

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, x HiHo said:

The reason behind it is queue time, after they released map selection on pc no one is playing miramar solo. .

Yeah... Wonder why? Probably because its a shit map. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bent_toe said:

Yeah... Wonder why? Probably because its a shit map. 

pubg on console needs every player they have. removing miramar and it playerbase is not the solution...

• Like 1

I didn’t ask for a rendering fix did I? I’m sorry you can’t grasp the fact that I’m asking for map selection. I don’t want to play miramar, besides it’s many faults I just don’t like the map. 

Ok because I don’t like the map does not mean that I am not good on the map haha. Map selection is not a lot to ask for on a modern day game really is it. And like I said before it is not just xb1s that struggles. My xb1x struggles with it too. 

I agree removing miramar shouldn’t be done at all. Just add map selection that actually allows you to select which map/s you want to play. Similarly to not losing the miramar only players, (of which I doubt there are many) pissing off the players who want to play erangel by making them repeatedly back out of lobby’s is not a good plan. If there’s so few that lobby queue time is massive then maybe that hints that not a lot of people want to play it

1 hour ago, x HiHo said:

The problem was that no one was playing Miramar solo? No duh, the map is massive. That won’t affect playercount though there would just be more players in other playlists. If they wanted solo on Miramar, then have solo games spawn on a smaller section of the map. It’s not rocket science just a lack of effort.

I just wrote a different post about Miramar suggesting a size reduction.

They need to make changes to Miramar. At this point I wouldn't mind if they just start experimenting and changing the map in radical ways.

I think the desert terrain can be pretty cool, but there's no doubt it's the least favorite map in the game. They've already invested a lot of resources into the map so they should not just scrap it, they have a lot to work with- just edit the hell out of it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JaptechSmokey said:

Haha the fact that you would have to buy an external hard drive for a game to run properly on “the most powerful console in the world” is ridiculous. Stop making excuses for bluehole, make them accountable and make them fix it. Map selection is a normal feature on pretty much every game out there

your attitude is that we should fix the games ourselves by buying extra equipment to supplement a console that runs all other games (that are made properly) perfectly and not complain about issues with it??? 

The fact that this game was originally intended for PC and not console means you’re lucky you even get to play it on console. They do their best to “dumb it down” for less powerful platforms because there was a high demand from console players to port it over. If I could afford it right now I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase extra hardware (ssd) to help the game run/load smoother because I’m just grateful a scrub like me even gets an opportunity to play this game. My mouth was watering for this game when I saw streamers playing it for the first time when it was first released. I honestly didn’t think they’d ever release such a complex game for consoles. They’ve come a long way and have improved it significantly. It still needs a lot of work but it’s playable.

7 hours ago, Onepost1 said:

Mate , Miramar is the best map . if you don't like miramar, u shouldn't be playing this amazing game <3 

1 minute ago, ciuxui said:

Mate , Miramar is the best map . if you don't like miramar, u shouldn't be playing this amazing game ❤️

Exactly the sort of divisive and pointless comment that gets us nowhere. We all obviously like pubg and want it to succeed. We want to improve the game by getting map selection. What’s hard to understand about that???

people moaning about people giving criticism on the game are just wasting everyone’s time 

12 minutes ago, JaptechSmokey said:

Exactly the sort of divisive and pointless comment that gets us nowhere. We all obviously like pubg and want it to succeed. We want to improve the game by getting map selection. What’s hard to understand about that???

people moaning about people giving criticism on the game are just wasting everyone’s time 

Thank you very much ,  i think you are a miramar hater too ? 😆