Sign in to follow this  
bent_toe

I know whats wrong (atleast for me)

It's the movement of the character. It's not direct. I hate it. An example.. try running and go to a complete stop, it's like he is running on ice. Same with strafe/sideways. Its not  a 100% direct stop. The character "glides" for a second in all directions. It's horrible and detach you from the control... Kinda like lag input. 

• RIP 1

Yea they are trying to make it some what realistic, for example if you are full sprint it’s hard to just freeze in place to stop you have to slow your momentum before you can fully stop 

practice practice 👍👍

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, x MeAt SLiNgEr x said:

Yea they are trying to make it some what realistic, for example if you are full sprint it’s hard to just freeze in place to stop you have to slow your momentum before you can fully stop 

practice practice 👍👍

yet, my fat ass can do it in real life. Especially in an emergency situation

• Haha 1

^^ Worst purchase for me last year.  Not what I expected at all.  TDM. Blackout.  The classes and abilities ruined it for me and every map was a rehash.  

What a waste.  I could have gifted two PubGs.

4 hours ago, x MeAt SLiNgEr x said:

practice practice 👍👍

Ive never played the PC version, but from what I've gathered from others more worldly than I the PC movement isn't as delayed and cumbersome as the Xbox version. So what we perceive as intentional realistic movement might in fact be an error in porting the game.

Edited by Cliq

5 hours ago, bent_toe said:

It's the movement of the character. It's not direct. I hate it. An example.. try running and go to a complete stop, it's like he is running on ice. Same with strafe/sideways. Its not  a 100% direct stop. The character "glides" for a second in all directions. It's horrible and detach you from the control... Kinda like lag input. 

You can combat this with adjusting the many deadzones/sensitivities in the settings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wizardO3 said:

yet, my fat ass can do it in real life. Especially in an emergency situation

nonsense. Unless you run into a brick wall youre going to take a step or two to come to a stop.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Cliq said:

Ive never played the PC version, but from what I've gathered from others more worldly than I the PC movement isn't as delayed and cumbersome as the Xbox version. So what we perceive as intentional realistic movement might in fact be an error in porting the game.

From what I've seen there are tricks to the controls on pc. Tapping duck seems to affect momentum.

7 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

nonsense. Unless you run into a brick wall youre going to take a step or two to come to a stop.

Clearly you’ve never played or watched a sport before...

https://youtu.be/NJwz3_KOQyI

You better bet that I’m running like that if there is bullets whizzing by my head

Edited by Onepost1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

clearly you didnt watch the video you posted...?

no one in that video came to an instant stop.

8 seconds in... stops momentum by planting with his left foot while his right foot extends out to change direction while continuing forward progress

14 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

Well considering my top speed is that to a dead whale, Im willing to show off, but do not expect a "Usain Bolt" performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 1

Just now, Onepost1 said:

8 seconds in... stops momentum by planting with his left foot while his right foot extends out to change direction while continuing forward progress

you mean where he takes a couple of small steps to slow down so he can change directions without falling over? Right. That's what coming to an immediate stop means.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, wizardO3 said:

Well considering my top speed is that to a dead whale, Im willing to show off, but do not expect a "Usain Bolt" performance.

fair enough.

1 minute ago, Onepost1 said:

Lmao bro unless your a fine tuned athletic machine you would snap your ankle smooth in half if you tried to cut like that

this is getting retarded, adjust settings an your mind set and PRACTICE 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, x MeAt SLiNgEr x said:

Lmao bro unless your a fine tuned athletic machine you would snap your ankle smooth in half if you tried to cut like that

this is getting retarded, adjust settings an your mind set and PRACTICE 

Have you not seen the physique on these pubg chars? Guys the equivalent of an olympian

• Like 1

Just now, Onepost1 said:

Have you not seen the physique on these pubg chars? Guys the equivalent of an olympian

7 ft tall, 300 lbs, hes got to be a basketball player/weight lifter/athlete......nope, he is a gamer.

9 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

you mean where he takes a couple of small steps to slow down so he can change directions without falling over? Right. That's what coming to an immediate stop means.

He strides out his steps as he closes in on the sidelines to force the player in front of him to break down if that’s what you mean by slowing down...then he accelerates, plants to stop his forward movement while using the momentum to propel his body right and to the inside.

Develop some hamstrings and try it yourself if you don’t believe me.

Edited by Onepost1
  • RIP 1

1 minute ago, Onepost1 said:

He strides out his steps as he closes in on the sidelines to force the player in front of him to break down if that’s what you mean by slowing down...then he accelerates, plants and moves right to the inside.

Develop some hamstrings and try it yourself if you don’t believe me.

I saw it. You don't know my legs (pretty beefy from my military service).

I'm not denying the athleticism shown in the video. But nothing in it would qualify as coming to an immediate stop. 

• RIP 1

Just now, pajama dad said:

I saw it. You don't know my legs (pretty beefy from my military service).

I'm not denying the athleticism shown in the video. But nothing in it would qualify as coming to an immediate stop. 

First of weird brag about your beefy legs man. Next I didn’t know you lacked a background in basic physics because he clearly stops forward momentum and immediately changes direction...go back and watch in slow-mo if you want.

1 hour ago, matthejl said:

You can combat this with adjusting the many deadzones/sensitivities in the settings.

I tried... No change.