Sign in to follow this  
zorg00

Killing Knocked Players

So, about 15 minutes ago, in a Squad match (FPP PTS) we were driving across the frozen lake and an enemy squad started to light us up.  They knocked two of our team.  The living two, got across the way and we both happen to start shooting at the same guy.  My teammate knocked him, and I put two "and ones" on the knocked guy just to increase some urgency with his team. 

That knocked guy ended up dying, his squad wiped the rest of us; and he was the only one who died.  He messaged my teammate to talk crap about us killing him all the way after he was knocked. 

Although this wasn't the case this time: when knowing you're about to die, do you ever just take the knocked guy all the way down just out of spite? 

I know I do, lol

• Like 4

For me it all depends on if they can see me or not.  If I down someone and I think that their squad mates don't know where I am I'll use the downed player as bait.  On the other hand if I down a player and they know where I am I'll finish them if I think it's safe to do so. The reason I do this is because the downed player can still give feedback to their squadmates so I'll listen out for any approaching players and if I hear nothing after a few secs I'll finish them to eliminate the threat then quickly reposition.

In your example though I'd probably have done the same especially if someone is downed and not in cover with their team knowing your positions.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

So, I operate a system of etiquette. If my duo runs into another duo, and I down one guy, and his teammate downs my buddy, I'll take the other guy one on one. If I kill him, I get to revive my buddy and we carry on, and similarly if he kills me, he gets to revive and they carry on.. but if he executes my teammate, I'll do the same to his. An eye for an eye..

That's the basic system, but is totally changeable in situations. If I'm sniping, and down someone, for example, u can be sure I'm executing that dude asap

Then again, if I let him crawl back into cover, there's a chance his buddy is reviving him now, so I can use that time to push. Even if he's up again, he's a one shot, and I can use that to my advantage

Situational

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

it's the wild west out there man. You can take the high road and still get crapped on. It often happens to me.

I run etiquette as well, but it's rare to run into others who also play by "the code". I've given up on any expectation of it, but it is really cool when you do run into a squad with mutual respect.

tenor.gif?itemid=4606499

• Like 3

Always depends on the situation, but it makes no sense to have a "code" based on honor/respect. This game isn't about that, and many times, it will only hinder your own chances. Finishing / leaving knocks alive should always be based on the edge either one gives you & your team in combat.

E.g. I won't finish knocks if I also have a downed but not finished teammate out in the open - starting to permawipe the other team many times causes the remaining ones to go for the easy kill right away.

• Like 2

I find its always the situation the determines weather I kill a knock, or leave em. As for a no hope for survival situation.....hey, gotta get yours sometimes....but in a situation where your team needs another gun for the fight, leave em.

• Like 2

If I have the time, I will usually finish off a knocked player...if for no other reason than I want the kill on my stats, and if we die before he does, his buddies revive him and I get squat.  

Plus, if we all die and lose the game, at least we can say we ruined another squad's day if they lose teammates.  :) 

• Like 4

Ya it's situational.  Sometimes early I need more guns or ammo I can't get it from you 'till you're dead.  Other times if I see/hear your buddy close by I'll let you live for a little bit.

Ultimately, It's battle royale.  No one deserves not to die.  I'm not trying to make a Saving Private Ryan sequel where the guy I didn't kill kills my friends later.

Edited by lilandy762
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Migwar said:

So, I operate a system of etiquette. If my duo runs into another duo, and I down one guy, and his teammate downs my buddy, I'll take the other guy one on one. If I kill him, I get to revive my buddy and we carry on, and similarly if he kills me, he gets to revive and they carry on.. but if he executes my teammate, I'll do the same to his. An eye for an eye..

That's the basic system, but is totally changeable in situations. If I'm sniping, and down someone, for example, u can be sure I'm executing that dude asap

Then again, if I let him crawl back into cover, there's a chance his buddy is reviving him now, so I can use that time to push. Even if he's up again, he's a one shot, and I can use that to my advantage

Situational

Agreed. 

If In duos, 1v1 and both have a player down like you say. And they finish my guy, his guy gets finished too, and I’ll go out the way to make sure that happens if this occurs lol

• Like 3

I try not to finish a downed player, but if they know where I am and are feeding their squad information, it's over.  

1 hour ago, Moobs123 said:

Agreed. 

If In duos, 1v1 and both have a player down like you say. And they finish my guy, his guy gets finished too, and I’ll go out the way to make sure that happens if this occurs lol

Yep, kill my downed team mate with no regard for yourself or your team and I will go out of my way to do the same lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

For me it all depends on if they can see me or not.  If I down someone and I think that their squad mates don't know where I am I'll use the downed player as bait.  On the other hand if I down a player and they know where I am I'll finish them if I think it's safe to do so. The reason I do this is because the downed player can still give feedback to their squadmates so I'll listen out for any approaching players and if I hear nothing after a few secs I'll finish them to eliminate the threat then quickly reposition.

EXACTLY  THIS .

1. It's a Battle Royale / Last man standing ie: everyone else must die !

2. (as the saying goes) Dead Men tell no tales !

• Like 3

Situational

Seen too many people who always thirst giving away easy wins/kills. Also managed to save teammates multiple times because those three bullets they wasted on my downed friend would have killed me and squad wiped us easily. Instead we both /all walk away and they are dead. 

15 hours ago, zorg00 said:

So, about 15 minutes ago, in a Squad match (FPP PTS) we were driving across the frozen lake and an enemy squad started to light us up.  They knocked two of our team.  The living two, got across the way and we both happen to start shooting at the same guy.  My teammate knocked him, and I put two "and ones" on the knocked guy just to increase some urgency with his team. 

That knocked guy ended up dying, his squad wiped the rest of us; and he was the only one who died.  He messaged my teammate to talk crap about us killing him all the way after he was knocked. 

Although this wasn't the case this time: when knowing you're about to die, do you ever just take the knocked guy all the way down just out of spite? 

I know I do, lol

Every Flipping time.  

On 1/12/2019 at 6:44 AM, fSucee said:

...it makes no sense to have a "code" based on honor/respect...

E.g. I won't finish knocks if I also have a downed but not finished teammate out in the open - starting to permawipe the other team many times causes the remaining ones to go for the easy kill right away.

Tell me again about this code by which you do not live hahahaha

On 1/11/2019 at 10:12 PM, zorg00 said:

I know I do, lol

The funniest one I had was a squads game. Half my squad was gone already and just two of us remained. We were holed up in on of those crummy yellow houses with a bathroom. We were in there together. Guys comes rushing at us, knocks my team mate and instantly thirsts her. I manage to knock him while he is thirsting her and empty my clip into him, finishing him off. The other three rush me, I knock two of them, but the last one gets me. After the match was over he sent a message to my team mate that he had thirsted saying I was "childish for having thirsted him". I still laugh about that one sometimes. 

To be fair if I’m in a squad or duo and I know I’m going to get pasted by another squad but I’ve knocked one of their players I’ll do my best to kill him so the team or duo have to play a member down. 

I always finish them unless I can specifically use them as bait. I give no quarter and expect none in return. No sense letting an enemy live, mercy isn't going to win you a chicken dinner and if you stop me winning I'd  rather decrease your chances and leave a mark.

• Like 1