LoneWolf746

DLSS on nvidia RTX Cards

5 hours ago, LoneWolf746 said:

When will we be see DLSS on RTX graphic cards?

Currently there is no information about when this will be introduced.

Keep an eye out for it in a future update.

Going to be fun to try this out. Just got a 2080ti the other day. It eats pubg alive.. 50 to 60% CPU and GPU usage. Both in the 60s temps and 190fps on sanhok. Totally ready for dlss!

26 minutes ago, Avohei said:

Going to be fun to try this out. Just got a 2080ti the other day. It eats pubg alive.. 50 to 60% CPU and GPU usage. Both in the 60s temps and 190fps on sanhok. Totally ready for dlss!

I hope you have a 240hz monitor to make it worthwhile!

1 minute ago, Takarii said:

I hope you have a 240hz monitor to make it worthwhile!

I do. :)

56 minutes ago, R315r4z0r said:

DLSS is the primary reason why I'd even consider buying one of those cards.

Rtx and dlss is the future of gaming. Like anything it starts small and eventually it gets mainstream.

While the cards are new and the development is Young this is the first step to better gaming experiences. Might mean nothing to some but those like me.. I can see it as standing on the doorstep to ground breaking changes to the gaming industry. Just have to walk through the door.

The low end is the 2060 coming out very soon and at a good price. But. If one doesn't care about the rtx and dlss then stick with a 1070 or higher.

Let's not fool ourselves. It's all about getting the highest fps we can. Rtx and dlss is about how a game should look with good fps. Seeing the best images that our PC can handle with good fps.

I was running a 1070sc and at one time two of them in SLI. I just got my 2080ti founders edition a day ago and it blows them away.

Now. Let's get into performance. The 2080ti only beats my SLI 1070sc cards by about 30fps. Here's the fun part. I get better fps and my system is far cooler since I'm not running two graphic cards. Plus not every game supports SLI. Pubg doesn't.

Just things to consider before you buy one. Spent 1400$ with taxes and one day shipping for my card direct from Nvidia. But if you get good fps with no issues on your current card then don't buy one.

Wait. Give it a year so that all the new games that'll be out can catch up with the new standard. That standard is the rtx cards and dlss.

Feel like a spokesman now. Lol. Just not getting paid for it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Avohei said:

Rtx and dlss is the future of gaming. Like anything it starts small and eventually it gets mainstream.

While the cards are new and the development is Young this is the first step to better gaming experiences. Might mean nothing to some but those like me.. I can see it as standing on the doorstep to ground breaking changes to the gaming industry. Just have to walk through the door.

The low end is the 2060 coming out very soon and at a good price. But. If one doesn't care about the rtx and dlss then stick with a 1070 or higher.

Let's not fool ourselves. It's all about getting the highest fps we can. Rtx and dlss is about how a game should look with good fps. Seeing the best images that our PC can handle with good fps.

I was running a 1070sc and at one time two of them in SLI. I just got my 2080ti founders edition a day ago and it blows them away.

Now. Let's get into performance. The 2080ti only beats my SLI 1070sc cards by about 30fps. Here's the fun part. I get better fps and my system is far cooler since I'm not running two graphic cards. Plus not every game supports SLI. Pubg doesn't.

Just things to consider before you buy one. Spent 1400$ with taxes and one day shipping for my card direct from Nvidia. But if you get good fps with no issues on your current card then don't buy one.

Wait. Give it a year so that all the new games that'll be out can catch up with the new standard. That standard is the rtx cards and dlss.

Feel like a spokesman now. Lol. Just not getting paid for it.

DLSS may be the future of entry-level gaming, but not for 2080/Ti. It makes no sense for 2080Ti in the first place.

Imo, I dun buy the card for the future, because the future is unpredictable. 

- Remember standalone PhysX card people used to be crazy about few years back ? Shortly after that, Nvidia acquired its technology and use it exclusively for Nvidia GPU. Nowadays, people barely heard of it, since most game engine uses CPU physX instead of Nvida exclusive physX. In other words, it's almost dead.

- VR ? few years back, people said VR is the future and start to build their rig around it. Everyone knows the current stage of VR gaming now.

For me, it's sad to buy something that I can not use now and need to wait 1 or 2 years before I can actually use it properly.

Edited by D3adc4

Ray tracing is great technology but I don't see it making a big stay in gaming. It eats up too much frames and provides gameplay disadvantage. Only the most elite rigs can run ray tracing so a market for top rigs + single player only + tense/horror for it to even make much difference = small ass market

DLSS seems great though

10 hours ago, D3adc4 said:

- VR ? few years back, people said VR is the future and start to build their rig around it. Everyone knows the current stage of VR gaming now.

And it is - but as far we got some screens and controls. Pretty much basic for whole VR - but it would blow everything away if you could control it with palm of a finger, not whole hands/body movement. Or in distant future - with your brain. Combine it with Eye Tracker and put it all to FPS - but maybe in 30 years (5 if Elon will start working on it). Future, future, future...

And as for DLSS - i would wait, let it develop and grow first, buy GPU after some time maybe. In years of experience i know that its better to wait how things will go. DLSS in PUBG? Sure, go on.

Edited by VENEEL

45 minutes ago, VENEEL said:

And it is - but as far we got some screens and controls. Pretty much basic for whole VR - but it would blow everything away if you could control it with palm of a finger, not whole hands/body movement. Or in distant future - with your brain. Combine it with Eye Tracker and put it all to FPS - but maybe in 30 years (5 if Elon will start working on it). Future, future, future...

And as for DLSS - i would wait, let it develop and grow first, buy GPU after some time maybe. In years of experience i know that its better to wait how things will go. DLSS in PUBG? Sure, go on.

Future? Maybe but I would wait.

For me, VR is a mess now, many brands to choose from, but the control is still cumbersome across all brands. It's only suitable for casual game ( such as dancing game), for FPS, not there yet.

DLSS is a technology for lower end graphic card. It's promising because it might actually improve the performance.

For RTX, it might be a deadend for competitive gaming, no one will ever stop and look at the beauty of water, the reflection of the mirror in the middle of an intense match.

Only the perf take a hit of 10% or lower when RTX on then it will make more sense.

2 hours ago, D3adc4 said:

DLSS is a technology for lower end graphic card. It's promising because it might actually improve the performance.

Performance in fast gameplay games always matters. Graphs not so much - best example is grass, which we all turn to lowest setting possible :) Yet overall graphics as whole world and animations is something diffrent - and again PUBG imo looks really good in these days standards. Problem is only optimalisation and whole engine actly, which was never meant to roll BR games.

Honestly i could play even with 50fps - but when its constant, 0 shutters, 0 micro lags even during fights and thats what ppl with 2080, 144Hz and best PCs cant achieve here. It is super hard now to optimize PUBG and unfortunately we won't see it probably ever.

Edited by VENEEL

17 minutes ago, VENEEL said:

Performance in fast gameplay games always matters. Graphs not so much - best example is grass, which we all turn to lowest setting possible :) Yet overall graphics as whole world and animations is something diffrent - and again PUBG imo looks really good in these days standards. Problem is only optimalisation and whole engine actly, which was never meant to roll BR games.

Honestly i could play even with 50fps - but when its constant, 0 shutters, 0 micro lags even during fights and thats what ppl with 2080, 144Hz and best PCs cant achieve here. It is super hard now to optimize PUBG and unfortunately we won't see it probably ever.

Yup perf > all is correct. But im also not the fan of upscaling. DLSS is the upscaling technology, to let lower cards play on higher res based of lower res graphic. It makes more sense for lower tier cards, but for top tier cards , i wanna play with correct resolution. I might be wrong for dlss here.

9 hours ago, D3adc4 said:

DLSS is the upscaling technology.

Oh... i didnt know that. Im not a fan of upscaling aslo... So for everyone who use higher res than FHD, DLSS should be something what they dont want for sure. I mean better performance but lower details, especially on distance - which is quite important for PUBG, since you can simply dont see enemy far, far away.

So its like:

Less details, more FPS.

8 hours ago, VENEEL said:

Oh... i didnt know that. Im not a fan of upscaling aslo... So for everyone who use higher res than FHD, DLSS should be something what they dont want for sure. I mean better performance but lower details, especially on distance - which is quite important for PUBG, since you can simply dont see enemy far, far away.

So its like:

Less details, more FPS.

Did you watch the nvidia show last week? Showed how dlss created higher resolution while getting better frames.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, D3adc4 said:

- Remember standalone PhysX card people used to be crazy about few years back ? Shortly after that, Nvidia acquired its technology and use it exclusively for Nvidia GPU. Nowadays, people barely heard of it, since most game engine uses CPU physX instead of Nvida exclusive physX. In other words, it's almost dead.

people said VR is the future and start to build their rig around it. Everyone knows the current stage of VR gaming now.

Thats mostly because Nvidia purchased the company and phased out the PhysX cards by adding it as a core feature in their GPU lineup. PhysX was always a CPU related thing, but the extra cards were there to be used as an alternative (which is why systems with AMD cards could still do the PhysX stuff without the standalone card but would take a larger perfomance hit).

28 minutes ago, Avohei said:

Did you watch the nvidia show last week? Showed how dlss created higher resolution while getting better frames.

So iv done some research and in the end ill just sum all up:

DLSS in PUBG is a bad idea, waste of resources and time - instead they should finally optimize game. It gives 10-15% more FPS, but it got some cons which you should be aware of already. I think it will never be added to PUBG, because there is no reason for that - RTX is not popular and when it will become popular, PUBG will be old enough to run at 200fps without DLSS on board. Kinda like CS now, on todays GPUs.

Tho DLSS is indeed, the only reason to buy RTX.

On 1/13/2019 at 1:56 PM, VENEEL said:

So for everyone who use higher res than FHD, DLSS should be something what they dont want for sure.

It's the opposite. I don't think DLSS is even usable on 1080p (at least I don't think it's in NVIDIA's plans, but I guess it will be 'hacked'), since that would be 720p upscaled to 1080p, and 720p looks just horrible and no amount of postprocessing is going to hide that.

DLSS is primarily targetted at high fps '4k' (upscaled) - basically it's useless for now, unless you have the ultra expensive 144hz 4k monitor or you're struggling to hit 60hz on 4k. Well, or VR. Very advanced upscaling is definitely going to drive VR forward a lot eventually, since it does require insane resolutions to completely eliminate screen-door effect (16k/eye is the ultimate goal).

Edited by Biochemikas

The current cards already have resolution upscaling. nVidia already has DSR and and AMD too. The only advantage DLSS has over regular up-scaling is it uses AI to blend the image well.

For me, DLSS is just an excuse for nVidia so they can put out a card which can do 4k quick and dirty just so they can out  a card that's "first" on the market.

If I have a 4k monitor, I'd want a REAL 4k GPU  too. Not some upscaled renderer.

27 minutes ago, Delakroix said:

The current cards already have resolution upscaling. nVidia already has DSR and and AMD too. The only advantage DLSS has over regular up-scaling is it uses AI to blend the image well.

For me, DLSS is just an excuse for nVidia so they can put out a card which can do 4k quick and dirty just so they can out  a card that's "first" on the market.

If I have a 4k monitor, I'd want a REAL 4k GPU  too. Not some upscaled renderer.

I meant resolution downsampling here. Where the games are rendered higher but displayed lower in resolution in fullscreen.  Which is quite the reverse.

I still don't see why one should upscale other than a quick 4k fix.

3 hours ago, Delakroix said:

I meant resolution downsampling here. Where the games are rendered higher but displayed lower in resolution in fullscreen.  Which is quite the reverse.

I still don't see why one should upscale other than a quick 4k fix.

Yes, it's a quick 4k fix if you think that way. But it's definitely a wonderful fix that we can put into good use.

Unlike the useless RTX at current stage.

5 hours ago, D3adc4 said:

Yes, it's a quick 4k fix if you think that way. But it's definitely a wonderful fix that we can put into good use.

Unlike the useless RTX at current stage.

I would not hate on upscaling, but the the way nVidia is selling it is pure greed.

15 hours ago, Delakroix said:

DLSS is in essence the opposite of DSR. DSR renders at higher resolution than your native and then downsamples, DLSS renders at resolution LOWER than your native and then upscales.

I guess it could be possible to use DSR+DLSS to get pseudo-4k effect at much lower fps cost than just pure DSR on a 1080p screen. But that's only if you actually can enable them both at once and the effect would probably still not be worth it.

Although i do use 4k DSR for Tomb Raider, because that's literally the only good antialiasing option for that game, but that all comes at a price of fps drop from over 200 to <60, so maybe DLSS could help here (but I'm definitely not buying an overpriced 20 series card just for this small maybe in a small batch of eyecandy games).

I don't see any use for DLSS in PubG for anyone who doesn't play it on 4k screen (which is probably a very very small minority still). DSR+DLSS would still most likely be an fps hit not worth taking.

Edited by Biochemikas