Sign in to follow this  
Stoffel_

fpp servers

Why don't we get fpp in all modes. It's working because it's on NA servers and some EU modes. Why is so difficult to just give all the possibility's available for everybody. I paid the same amount of money as everyone else has in EU,NA or Asia. I'm getting sick and tired of getting games where content or features  is kept from players. And I believe enough people want FPP.

TPP is fine for games like tombraider or uncharted, but for shooters like pubg it's just annoying.

43 minutes ago, Stoffel_ said:

Why don't we get fpp in all modes. It's working because it's on NA servers and some EU modes. Why is so difficult to just give all the possibility's available for everybody. I paid the same amount of money as everyone else has in EU,NA or Asia. I'm getting sick and tired of getting games where content or features  is kept from players. And I believe enough people want FPP.

TPP is fine for games like tombraider or uncharted, but for shooters like pubg it's just annoying.

Simply because it adds more queues for matchmaking and risks creating extended waiting times.

The team is monitoring everything and new modes will be opened up when or if they feel it won't have a major impact on a players ability to get into a game within a reasonable time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Simply because it adds more queues for matchmaking and risks creating extended waiting times.

The team is monitoring everything and new modes will be opened up when or if they feel it won't have a major impact on a players ability to get into a game within a reasonable time.

I actually have a question regarding that part. 

If the Duo and Solo FPP servers (EU) are never open or given even an option, how do they know the player base that wants to play this mode? 

I can speak in the name of my friends, we all prefer the FPP games all the time, even when not all of us are available for squads, so I find it interesting to understand how the team monitors demand for FPP games which are not open even as an option.. 

9 minutes ago, ShaiG said:

I actually have a question regarding that part. 

If the Duo and Solo FPP servers (EU) are never open or given even an option, how do they know the player base that wants to play this mode? 

I can speak in the name of my friends, we all prefer the FPP games all the time, even when not all of us are available for squads, so I find it interesting to understand how the team monitors demand for FPP games which are not open even as an option.. 

Obviously there is demand for said things, thats a given. But when it comes to matchmaking, its vastly more important that people can actually play games. 

Extreme example, but consider this. Imagine a scenario where there are only enough players to support a single queue. Opening up a second queue splits that player count, and now neither queue can get a game, which then results in people not trying and decreasing the chances further. At some point the numbers could get so low that even shutting one of the 2 queues down could still result in no one getting games (Like I said though, very extreme example)

More queues mean more chances that players may not get games and not being able to play a game is significantly worse than having a less than preferable perspective (a bit like getting a map you don't like as much as others is better than getting no map at all). Demand for extra perspectives can be easily monitored from outside of the game as was shown by the polls that were set up to find out which FPP mode should be opened.

As was originally stated at launch, the team will monitor playercounts and open up modes as and when they believe it won't have a detrimental impact on queue times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Open it to solos, at least for a test period. You'll never know what demand you have for a mode until you actually try. Users on forum is not a full representative of player base. 

Also maybe set 1 or 2 daily/weekly challenges for an fpp game mode,  it might actually show ppl that fpp can be fun 

I'm no expert at all. But of the number of servers that there are now(tpp) it wouldn't be possible to transfer some of those server to FPP. So you get the same amount of servers for the same amount of people with 2 options TPP and FPP? 

Since I started playing (in EU) from ,morning or evening, the servers were full or nearly full. So there are enough people in general playing the game I think. So why not give the existing players the choice FPP or TPP and if it really doesn't work, I don't think it's an onreversable thing, so switch all back to as it was before.

16 minutes ago, Stoffel_ said:

Since I started playing (in EU) from ,morning or evening, the servers were full or nearly full. So there are enough people in general playing the game I think. So why not give the existing players the choice FPP or TPP and if it really doesn't work, I don't think it's an onreversable thing, so switch all back to as it was before.

Due to the cloud based nature of the game hosting, the servers can never be "full". Unlike legacy type server hosting, each game is an independantly created game instance from a pool of resources that can automatically increase or decrease in size depending on demand. The limitation is the number of players playing, not the ability to host games.

Ok. I think I understand it a little now, but still I truly hope that fpp will come available and I think I'm not alone in that. Thanks for the info 

• Like 1

I'm just thankful for FPP SOLO

it's the only reason I came back to this game even though it's potato lol

Edited by Imerzan

Iv been wanting solo FPP on eu for ages I hope they open it up even the PTS goes onto live servers plus there is still people playing on the test server still so you will never get the full player base until they close the PTS 

Edited by xX2kLEWISXx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Takarii said:

Obviously there is demand for said things, thats a given. But when it comes to matchmaking, its vastly more important that people can actually play games. 

Extreme example, but consider this. Imagine a scenario where there are only enough players to support a single queue. Opening up a second queue splits that player count, and now neither queue can get a game, which then results in people not trying and decreasing the chances further. At some point the numbers could get so low that even shutting one of the 2 queues down could still result in no one getting games (Like I said though, very extreme example)

More queues mean more chances that players may not get games and not being able to play a game is significantly worse than having a less than preferable perspective (a bit like getting a map you don't like as much as others is better than getting no map at all). Demand for extra perspectives can be easily monitored from outside of the game as was shown by the polls that were set up to find out which FPP mode should be opened.

As was originally stated at launch, the team will monitor playercounts and open up modes as and when they believe it won't have a detrimental impact on queue times.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for you're answer.

Secondly, after reading carefully you're entire reply, there are still something missing, in my opinion. 

I fully understand how queue system works, I've been playing the PC version from almost the beginning and got familiar with it. 

I've been playing FPS games most of my life, and now I'm coming to think.. maybe the default of PUBG is TPS and not FPS, maybe that is the answer. 
Because I really find it difficult to understand, even after your answer, since all the poles I saw were here in the forums, and I think it's fair to assume the player base is much more broad than that. 

I agree there is logic in the priority system, prioritizing game action over preferable perspective or map selection, just figured most wanted play mode is FPP, seemed logic to me. 

Thanks again :)

Just now, ShaiG said:

First of all, I'd like to thank you for you're answer.

Secondly, after reading carefully you're entire reply, there are still something missing, in my opinion. 

I fully understand how queue system works, I've been playing the PC version from almost the beginning and got familiar with it. 

I've been playing FPS games most of my life, and now I'm coming to think.. maybe the default of PUBG is TPS and not FPS, maybe that is the answer. 
Because I really find it difficult to understand, even after your answer, since all the poles I saw were here in the forums, and I think it's fair to assume the player base is much more broad than that. 

I agree there is logic in the priority system, prioritizing game action over preferable perspective or map selection, just figured most wanted play mode is FPP, seemed logic to me. 

Thanks again :)

On PC at least, the global split is actually 75/25 in favor of TPP (last time i asked at least) and typically consoles also tend to favor TPP over FPP. This varies somewhat on a region to region basis too. Its also worth remembering that those who want something are more likely to be vocal than those who are happy with how things are - you won't really find people who prefer TPP saying "don't add FPP" to contrast with those who are asking for it. 

The main priority right now is a healthy matchmaking environment, but those who want additional FPP options certainly aren't being ignored and shouldn't feel that they are being ignored simply because they haven't been enabled yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Well, again I can understand. 

All I'm saying, if the game favors the TPP, it just needed to be said.

I'd probably skip buying the game entirely If I knew it is TPP based. 

And I agree about matchmaking, I even think FPS increase should be at the top of the list, but that's just me.

Thanks for the replies  

On 1/11/2019 at 1:01 PM, Takarii said:

On PC at least, the global split is actually 75/25 in favor of TPP (last time i asked at least) and typically consoles also tend to favor TPP over FPP. This varies somewhat on a region to region basis too. Its also worth remembering that those who want something are more likely to be vocal than those who are happy with how things are - you won't really find people who prefer TPP saying "don't add FPP" to contrast with those who are asking for it. 

The main priority right now is a healthy matchmaking environment, but those who want additional FPP options certainly aren't being ignored and shouldn't feel that they are being ignored simply because they haven't been enabled yet.

Could there be ways (through daily or weekly quests perhaps) that encourage people to play FPP to help out with the population issues? FPP Solo only had ~25 players in the handful of games I played tonight (NA)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imerzan said:

Could there be ways (through daily or weekly quests perhaps) that encourage people to play FPP to help out with the population issues? FPP Solo only had ~25 players in the handful of games I played tonight (NA)

I actually got desperate to try and calculate when the "busy" times on NA servers are to try and play FPP there.... had 40 people I think.

They need to add FPP in duo's. You can find a game in crutch TPP lobby no problem at all. It finds games at any hour and starts normally with 80-100 players depending how many quit because of the map selected. There are players that don't want to play TPP because it's boring when someone hides behind cover and uses the 3rd person camera to peek instead of actually peeking. FPP needs to be made available in duo's. I'm from the EU so that means a FPP solo NA lobby won't fill up with players untill around 7-8PM for me. So if I want to play FPP I'll have to fight squads instead. It makes the game boring. That and getting every map other then Sanhok.

10 hours ago, FennellLad said:

They need to add FPP in duo's. You can find a game in crutch TPP lobby no problem at all. It finds games at any hour and starts normally with 80-100 players depending how many quit because of the map selected. There are players that don't want to play TPP because it's boring when someone hides behind cover and uses the 3rd person camera to peek instead of actually peeking. FPP needs to be made available in duo's. I'm from the EU so that means a FPP solo NA lobby won't fill up with players untill around 7-8PM for me. So if I want to play FPP I'll have to fight squads instead. It makes the game boring. That and getting every map other then Sanhok.

I'm worried opening Duo in FPP will split the FPP Population even more.

If the devs were actually smart and released modes in a tiered fashion such as:

1. TPP Squad/Solo

2. FPP Squad/Solo

3. TPP Solo/Squad

4. FPP Solo/Squad

5. TPP Duo

6. FPP Duo

Maybe it would have gotten more people into FPP sooner and helped the FPP community some.

However I think the game was TPP-Only for long enough where people have dug in.

Edited by Imerzan

I guess it will always boggle my mind. 

There is no single player to this game, there is no campaign nor other gaming methods. 

This 6 modes are the whole game, except for custom and server which are unavailable anyway.

I just can't fit my logic around it, it's like releasing 1/3 of a game for full price. 

But, after realizing and understanding game prioritizes TPP players, I can accept that (and wait silently until FPP comes out fully, just play the PC or other games in the meantime)

2 hours ago, ShaiG said:

I guess it will always boggle my mind. 

There is no single player to this game, there is no campaign nor other gaming methods. 

This 6 modes are the whole game, except for custom and server which are unavailable anyway.

I just can't fit my logic around it, it's like releasing 1/3 of a game for full price. 

But, after realizing and understanding game prioritizes TPP players, I can accept that (and wait silently until FPP comes out fully, just play the PC or other games in the meantime)

No why should players play a different game... they paid for PUBG. PUBG was the most downloaded game of December on Playstaion. Since they chose to ignore FPP players at launch alot of players quit because TPP is boring due to the obvious reason of players using the 3rd person Camera to hide behind walls and peek safely.

• Like 2

Just give fpp duos. Do it with vikendi update. It's not like wait times unless playing in a few peak hours isn't awful already. Playing with friends fpp forces you to go on EU and play with horrible ping. 

Oof... All FPP queues ? I wonder what the wait times are going to be like lol.

1 hour ago, iHamid4Wizard said:

and Jan 22, add choosing maps ? @PUBG_Andymh5

Not enough population for Map Select in FPP