Sign in to follow this  
CSGMaverick

PUBG deletes file on launch, disables sound

Ever since the Vikendi update, I have been unable to play the game. Every time I launch it, it deletes one of the files (which one, I have not been able to figure out). This completely disables sound in-game and introduces massive stuttering, I assume because the game is trying to play audio files but can't. The file deleted is 999.4 KB, too small to be the audio files. I uninstalled all Windows updates post-November 28th and it worked for one day, and is now not working again, though the updates have not been reinstalled. Another user here had a similar issue on Windows 10. I'm at a loss as to what the issue could be. I've already done all of the "normal" fixes (settings, ctrl+m, drivers, etc.) and only uninstalling those updates worked even temporarily. I created an account here specifically for help with this issue, as I have been unable to play the game for weeks now.

Hello CSGMaverick,

Thank you for the bug report.

Just to get more details from you, may I have you fill out this bug report template, mainly listing your PC Specs and listed troubleshooting attempts made by you.

mine is doing the same. validating files finds 1 bad file. downloads it says ready to play and start game. game launches a black screen only. does not go to lobby. if i click the mouse it then enters lobby but all sound is gone. you CANT PLAY PUBG WITH NO SOUND!!!! FIX THIS ISSUE!!! 1100 HOURS IN THE GAME AND THIS IS CRAP!!

Had this issue before. Sadly my only fix was to reinstall Windows fresh. Saving nothing. Sucks but it worked.

Thankfully I have two PC's one for gaming and one for everything else. Keeps it clean from other programs I use on my second PC screwing things up.