JCglitchmaster

Can you do something about the guys greenlighting these missions

Posted (edited)

Who designed these "missions", they aren't even challenging they are just tedious:

• Drive for 2 hours in a Mirado
  • drive 500km in a buggy
  • stop in a redzone 5 times and roll the dice as the whether the game will actually count it
  • shoot 300 rounds from a uzi in a single match 5 times
  • throw 10 frag grenades in a single match 3 times
  • Get 5 melee kills - My personal favourite. I've had about 2 melee kills in my entire time playing this game which is nearly 800 hours. The only viable thing to do is down somebody and kill them off with a melee.
  • Drive 25km in a boat

Who in the hell is making up some of these missions, the idea of a mission is to make something fun for us to have something to do in the game while playing. Then you have the daily ones which are sometimes so unbelievably rng that you might not get them within a week letalone 24 hours. "loot a mk14 from a dead players corpse", really? That is a daily mission. Can you stop making these insanly boring missions and make ones that require atleast a little bit of skill, not me jumping into a solo squads match and driving around in the blue for 4 hours doing nothing else.

Edited by JCglitchmaster
  • Like 12

I totally agree. The missions are having the opposite effect on the game. They are literally making people NOT play the game.

Instead of some challenge that makes you try to play the game in a different way than you are used to, you get completely pointless tasks that only interfere with playing.

Now, I can speculate WHY these missions exist. They probably wanted to create a slew of tedious missions that they knew people wouldn't want to do just to bolster the list of things to do. It's a sly way of enticing you to purchase the level up boosters.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

They're just trying to get everybody to pay to level up instead of realizing that it's going to keep everyone from buying any passes in the future because we know it's borderline impossible to use without paying more.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JCglitchmaster said:

• Drive for 2 hours in a Mirado _DONE
  • drive 500km in a buggy_ DONE
  • stop in a redzone 5 times and roll the dice as the whether the game will actually count it _DONE
  • shoot 300 rounds from a uzi in a single match 5 times _DONE
  • throw 10 frag grenades in a single match 3 times _That sh**, but possible
  • Get 5 melee kills - _DOne (easy) Just play squad , knock a guy , shoot 3 bullets first and kill with a melee weapon
  • Drive 25km in a boat_DONE
  •  
  • You right that's this missions are a bit boring, but don't forget you have around 50 day's to make it, don't need to do this in one day

• RIP 2

57 minutes ago, Bourkiba said:

Yea but I only play vikendi and erangal. I'm not a fan of the other two maps so being forced to play these maps upwards of 5 hours is extremely boring for me

13 hours ago, JCglitchmaster said:

Yea but I only play vikendi and erangal. I'm not a fan of the other two maps so being forced to play these maps upwards of 5 hours is extremely boring for me

So u should say at start:

"Change missions only for me bcs i dont like that map".

Missions are possible to achieve, but it looks like some MMO grinding more than BR FPS. IMO totally not worth spending so much time.

Edited by VENEEL

The main point why most of the missions are ridiculous is that many of them have nothing to do with the original gameplay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

These ridiculous mission keep me off from buying vikendi pass. What the hell the totally boring grind doing in the survival shooter?

• Thanks 1

If they only had to do with the original gameplay and you wouldn't have to change anything to complete them, missions would be unnecessary at all. They did missions that make you change your normal playstyle for variation I guess. I agree some of them are some kind of over the top, but still, with no changes to normal gameplay you don't need to think of missions.

13 minutes ago, un1ty said:

If they only had to do with the original gameplay and you wouldn't have to change anything to complete them, missions would be unnecessary at all. They did missions that make you change your normal playstyle for variation I guess. I agree some of them are some kind of over the top, but still, with no changes to normal gameplay you don't need to think of missions.

Sorry don't think so, just look on the missions prior vikendi. They all had something to do with original gamestyle and not all of them were easy (of course there was easy peasy stuff in there)

And what kind of varition shall "destroy 10 doors completely in one game" or "shoot 5 times 300 uzi bulltes" be? These missions are just bullshit

Edited by MCMino

I agree 100% on these complaints, but they seem to be falling on deaf ears...

I have nearly 2300 hours played on this game and love it dearly, but these actions are driving me away...they need to make a change to this nonsense or they will totally kill their game.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dsbigevil75 said:

I agree 100% on these complaints, but they seem to be falling on deaf ears...

I have nearly 2300 hours played on this game and love it dearly, but these actions are driving me away...they need to make a change to this nonsense or they will totally kill their game.

Something that is completely optional is driving you away from the game?

also the dailys... it seems like those dudes have never played pubg and have no sense for what is feasible

Only missions I really like is the play a match without healing types. They are a bigger challenge then the others. And does not interfere with game at all.

I like the 10 grenades per mach, an interesting looting challenge. 10 seems like just the right amount, I've ended with 9 3 times already and only 1x 10 so far. Almost did 2x10's in my 1st 2 games though, so it's possible to finish it in just 3 games, unlike the 500km buggy.

Edited by Biochemikas
  • Haha 1

Seems like a lot of games are using these "pass" systems that force you to grind out rewards, but give an option to pay for further completion.

Why in the actual #^!% should I have to pay to unlock something that I already had to pay for in the first place? 

Greedy ass companies.

At least in Black Ops 4 you progress through Tiers just by "playing the game", you don't have to do any of these stupid ass missions.

Hey, you guys wanted missions/challenges, what did you expect? With the severe flaws of the crate system (not letting us choose between locked and unlocked) it was a better system IMO, since BP is gained primarily by trying to win and get kills and they were all marketable, so I wasn't paying for a bunch of skins id never use.

Not to mention the previous Survival System I thought was better but everyone came here complaining about how easy it was and what a joke, lol so they got their wish, now instead of 80km it's 500km, really what did they expect would happen? lol

Edited by RAND0M7

Could be like me and completely ignore any and all missions created and listed by the devs, and create your own mission. My mission? Kill anything that moves and then jump up and down on their body! Ok... that doesn't always happen... but sometimes I decide to go through a round using only a crossbow and an SMG. Or see if I can get any kills with the Win94. I'll drop different spots to try different attack options on players around hot drop locations.

Sometimes my mission changes and I want to become a bridge troll.

• Like 1

I liked the old missions...

Drive two hours in a mirado, as a daily no less?

That's absolutely ridiculous.

500km driving?

Get the f outta here....if i wanted to do that i would go play GTA

11 hours ago, Digity said:

Something that is completely optional is driving you away from the game?

Still have to share the server with some number of players who are chasing mission requirements instead of just trying to win the game. You already have your hot dropping crowd, which is only increased by the "Drop X Location Y times" missions. Then you've got people driving around to rack up miles until they die to the blue, or searching houses for Med Kits the whole match, or stopping their car and dying in a red zone they would normally avoid. The list goes on...

Don't get me wrong; I think missions are a fun concept, but I don't think it's too much to ask that most of them still nudge players toward winning the game, rather than being nonsensical or tedious. 

On 1/9/2019 at 4:41 PM, R315r4z0r said:

I totally agree. The missions are having the opposite effect on the game. They are literally making people NOT play the game.

Instead of some challenge that makes you try to play the game in a different way than you are used to, you get completely pointless tasks that only interfere with playing.

Now, I can speculate WHY these missions exist. They probably wanted to create a slew of tedious missions that they knew people wouldn't want to do just to bolster the list of things to do. It's a sly way of enticing you to purchase the level up boosters.

I think the speculation as to why is exactly what is going on. I was going to try and complete all the mission but quickly realized they are designed such that it's very unlikely you will be able to finish them or even want to finish them and will have to buy at least *some* levels in addition to the pass if you want to complete the leveling process. 

You need to be getting 10 levels per week to hit 100 by the end of the event. After week 1 I was 12 so that's good but I suspected each week would get harder and harder to maintain that 10+ levels and that's exactly what is happening. After week 2 I was 21. After week 3 I was 26 and now in week 4 I'm 29 so I started slipping pretty hard. Granted...some of these missions will still complete as I play so it's not lost XP but there are more and more missions I either can't complete or don't care to even try (500km buggy and 2 hours in a Mirano for example). I think this is by design and it's pretty shitty but this is the crap you get with almost all micro-transaction systems. Just greedy shit.

I get that it's not required for the game at all and I don't regret buying the pass because I wanted to throw PUBG some money for all the hours I have gotten out of the game. It's just highly irritating that buying the pass isn't enough..they have to gouge you for more if you want to get all the stuff out of the pass.

• Like 1

these missions were clearly made because pubg corp realized that so many people were not using the vehicles and bypassing a lot of the non-ar guns. They've probably noticed this when they researched what causes most people to die in the game. They probably noticed that so many were just trying to run into the circle on the larger maps and wind up dying to the blue. they probably noticed a lot of unarmed players getting shot killed after they've ran past a lot of uzi's and shotguns.

I've ran into a lot of players who refuse to use a vehicle after the 2nd circle on the big maps. and I've seen player who refuse to pick up any gun that's not a "good" AR.

19 hours ago, todaytomorrow said:

these missions were clearly made because pubg corp realized that so many people were not using the vehicles and bypassing a lot of the non-ar guns. They've probably noticed this when they researched what causes most people to die in the game. They probably noticed that so many were just trying to run into the circle on the larger maps and wind up dying to the blue. they probably noticed a lot of unarmed players getting shot killed after they've ran past a lot of uzi's and shotguns.

I've ran into a lot of players who refuse to use a vehicle after the 2nd circle on the big maps. and I've seen player who refuse to pick up any gun that's not a "good" AR.

Yeah, but you see a good way to design the missions to counter that is to somehow involve the lesser used items in actual gameplay.

So, instead of randomly firing 300 rounds of an Uzi, how about make it a mission about getting kills with the thing? Or hell, even just ask you to simply carry it around with you - like "Come in the top 10 with an Uzi in your inventory." That would actually feature some form of challenge because it forces you to give up a weapon slot and still play competitively.

Edited by R315r4z0r

20 hours ago, todaytomorrow said:

I really don't think Bluehole was worried at all about how you play, as long as they keep getting sales.   Encouraging people to drive more cars doesn't help their bottom line in any way...which makes me think it isn't the reason they did it.

I think they just suck at making fun missions and simply don't care.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jonboiwaltune said:

I really don't think Bluehole was worried at all about how you play, as long as they keep getting sales.   Encouraging people to drive more cars doesn't help their bottom line in any way...which makes me think it isn't the reason they did it.

I think they just suck at making fun missions and simply don't care.

Or the more likely scenario..they purposefully make them suck so people won't want to do them and just say F*%% it and pay for levels.

• Like 1