narad

Remove the match number in bottom

Can you plz remove the match number youre in so map cheaters cant use external cheats

2 hours ago, narad said:

Can you plz remove the match number youre in so map cheaters cant use external cheats

Huh? You mean the server instance identifier? How do you think that's being used for cheating?

Edited by Guvnah

They are using it to identify the server and then you can use other tools to get the data stream from that server and use a radar hack on  a mobile phone or another computer or something.

To be fair I don't see why we need this information at all as players ? maybe its a hang over from bug testing that was usefulk in that phase but isn't really in game.

I have no issues with this info being removed.

3 minutes ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

They are using it to identify the server and then you can use other tools to get the data stream from that server and use a radar hack on  a mobile phone or another computer or something.

To be fair I don't see why we need this information at all as players ? maybe its a hang over from bug testing that was usefulk in that phase but isn't really in game.

I have no issues with this info being removed.

The ID at the bottom of the screen can't be used to idenfiy the specific server by regular people (I imagine there is a back end feature that lets the devs know which server instance it was hosted on etc). All it does is identify that specific game.

none the less there is no need for us to have this info, it is already used by stream snipers and teamers to tell if they are in the same game.

Im sure that there are ways to use this to identify the relevant stream of info needed for the radar cheats.

• Like 1

I agree. Should have been removed/hidden Day 1. Simply no reason for having it visable for users period. Well other than cheating, streamsnipe or trying to team up (join same match).

This information is there to allow us to easily identify match instances when an issue is reported. This information cannot be used by players to gather live in game data. 

13 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

none the less there is no need for us to have this info, it is already used by stream snipers and teamers to tell if they are in the same game.

Im sure that there are ways to use this to identify the relevant stream of info needed for the radar cheats.

Stream snipers are a set of total losers and embarrassing and if this helps them then get rid of it. Whats worse id those so call 'friendly' stream snipers turning up with weapons and cars etc for their heros. I feel sorry for these retards

14 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

Streams have the ability to cover it up. They choose not to.

It can't be used to gather any data, period. Unless you have a link to back that up? 

IIRC there were some websites or apps using that game ID for circle and airdrop alerts and similar stuff, but idk if they were just scam.

Edited by un1ty

1 minute ago, un1ty said:

IIRC there were some websites or apps using that game ID for circle and airdrop alerts and similar stuff, but idk if they were just scam.

Just a scam. There is no data to access by anyone not working at BlueHole with those codes.

5 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

This information is there to allow us to easily identify match instances when an issue is reported. This information cannot be used by players to gather live in game data. 

But the number on the bottom can be used to make sure two or more players join the same game to team up? I do not see anyone denying this. This is not wrong to you at all? 

But then again if streamers want to get rid of the problem then can cover it up.

Just now, Gomer_Pyle said:

But the number on the bottom can be used to make sure two or more players join the same game to team up? I do not see anyone denying this. This is not wrong to you at all? 

But then again if streamers want to get rid of the problem then can cover it up.

They can still figure out if they are in the same match together without those numbers.

49 minutes ago, Gomer_Pyle said:

That is true, it could be used for teaming. There is one example of it being used to cheat.

6 minutes ago, Guvnah said:

That is true, it could be used for teaming. There is one example of it being used to cheat.

If they got rid of the numbers, teaming is still easy to accomplish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Digity said:

If they got rid of the numbers, teaming is still easy to accomplish.

Yup, that it is. The numbers just make it a bit easier.