NoonTimeDrunk

crouch "run" the new OP stance

Posted (edited)

In general I think walk button should be deadly quiet.

HOLDING walk and aiming down sight should still carry over to making no noise while moving, for some reason walking in ADS cancels the walk.

HOLDING walk should slow down animations and dampen the sounds significantly, reloads, vaulting,  Opening doors and even jumping and landing.

PUBG you need better systems.

Edited by NoonTimeDrunk
forgot
  • Like 2

I disagree. All movement should have sound, you cannot walk around anywhere silent. 

• Like 5

I think the movement noises carry a little too far, especially when someone's in a house. It sounds like they're thundering around in lead boots when they're just walking. I would also really love being able to slowly open and shut doors though instead of slamming them open and shut like an idiot.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Guvnah said:

I disagree. All movement should have sound, you cannot walk around anywhere silent. 

It depends

You can definitely move quite quietly, almost inaudible

Depends the surface more than anything

Solid dirt you can be EXTREMELY quiet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kuroboom said:

I would also really love being able to slowly open and shut doors though instead of slamming them open and shut like an idiot.

That sounds nice to me. Open and close doors slowly and quietly while "walking" is active. Aaaaand some of them have rusty hinges (visible rust maybe so you can avoid) that make squeaky sounds even if opening slowly :D

• Like 1

After living 5 years with a sleep/maniac gf , you learn to do anything without a sound . And i mean everything . She used to hear me click the mouse  button :)) 

• RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

Damn, I was still playing according to the original sounds. Will have to adjust gameplay. Wackyjacky forgot to do 2 of the most important ones though - slow walk and slow crouch walk (with ctrl) - the actual sneaking ones. I would guess they should be somewhere between walk and slow crawl though, but considering the inconsistencies for other sound distances, I would not be too surprised if was the same distance as walk... This does seem like a bug more than anything. Same distance for crouch and standing run just doesn't seem correct (if you look at orginal distances (which haven't been changed for a very long time, so we're all playing by them), all distances are different and make perfect sense).

Imo, 40 meters max distance was really optimal, I really see no reason why it was increased to 60. Should not change what's not broken...

Edited by Biochemikas

2 hours ago, phizzzix said:

After living 5 years with a sleep/maniac gf , you learn to do anything without a sound . And i mean everything . She used to hear me click the mouse  button :)) 

Get rid of her

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Guvnah said:

at the speed you move while pressing the walk button? it's quite the trade off for making little to no sound.

I  can run around full tilt in pochinki and then hear 1 thud I can detect that someone is there with him and can home in to their locations. of people want to walk around in houses qn continue to loot without making noise allow them. but with the current sound system if you can hear someone you stay still unless you risk getting heard by making loud thud noises from 1 step even in crouch and pressing walk button.

all walk button does is spread the noise longer between feet moving and which means your character takes longer to get to point a to b. which is not systematically what you want.you want to be quiet not spread the same sound but stretch it between intervals.

Edited by NoonTimeDrunk
forgot

18 hours ago, Guvnah said:

I disagree with this. You can move silently depending on what you're walking on (or in) and the shoes you're wearing. Not all environments/terrain allow silent movement, but slow methodical and careful movements can allow someone to be as silent as they want. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Guvnah said:

I walk around silently all the time...especially in my house. And i for sure cant hear my neighbor walking around in his house right next door....People abuse the volume levels in this game to hear people 2 houses away. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I honestly think these sounds are a bug. Because they make absolutely no sense.

You should not be able to hear someone walking around 3 buildings away from you.

Honestly, I think all of the movement sound effects need to be re-done. And I think there should be a hard drop-off distance so that even if you somehow mess with your sound levels so you can hear low volume sound, the distance at which it is audible is fixed.

Edited by R315r4z0r
  • Like 4

Yeah I agree that this needs fixing, you can't play the game with an element of surprise because you can hear everything from anyone within 2 or 3 houses away. It's just catering for the campers more and more. Sure you can flush a camper out  with throwables but's it's the different style of game play id like to see.

For instance, I'd like to be able to sneak in someones house while they are in one room and surprise the shit out of him but i can't because he can hear me through 4 brick walls and 30 meters away, seems realistic.

• Like 2

here is a follow up video to showcase how loud even 1 step can be when you are trying to get situated rather than completely standing still.

Forgive me for the Original video having dishes and tv playing in the background but I could hear it with that noise.

Seems like from the replay I could hear him even before when I was across just getting into the front desk :S

The distance to which you can hear standing walk and run is absolutely ridiculous, this has to be a bug.

I always use crouch walk if I want to make minimal noise and it works surprisingly well most of the time, even when I'm upstairs in the same house as someone they often don't hear it.

16 minutes ago, Destru said:

The distance to which you can hear standing walk and run is absolutely ridiculous, this has to be a bug.

its been boosted like crazy as seen on wacky's video, and sometimes you will fall off very large step and it will make you fall into a standing stance and if you dont notice it you will make loud noise. everything about this game has a very bad systematically reason.

14 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

I always use crouch walk if I want to make minimal noise and it works surprisingly well most of the time, even when I'm upstairs in the same house as someone they often don't hear it.

not when people blast their volume up and learn to sound whore for any sound, I have been found standing still dropping items from my inventory just because it makes a ping sound of items entering your inventory or being dropped.

20 minutes ago, NoonTimeDrunk said:

not when people blast their volume up and learn to sound whore for any sound, I have been found standing still dropping items from my inventory just because it makes a ping sound of items entering your inventory or being dropped.

Aye, I'm probably one of those people! Still works quite often against you Muppets who won't learn your lesson 😉

• Like 1

Screw moving noises... I want to hear farting noises when someone is crouched for too long in one place. After that he needs to walk with brown pants as a badge for everyone to see what kind of a person he is.