Sign in to follow this  
Loungin

Xbox One X Full Shutdown

Hello, I hope this is the right place for this. 

Every so many matches (10 perhaps?) while playing PUBG on my Xbox One X (bought around October 2017) it will completely shut down by the time I get to 40 alive. It started shortly after Patch 1.0. It only happens on this game. On Red Dead Redemption 2 I’ve ran it for hours while sounding like a jet taking off and no problems at all. Stays pretty cool.

I’m complaining now because I have taken a break from it and after updates later it’s still doing this. 

Things I’ve tried:

*Full shutdown and unplug.

*Reinstalled PUBG with full shutdown and unplug in between.

*Placed a decent laptop cooler pad ontop of Xbox. (Kept it pretty cool, not that it ever gets crazy hot)

*I’ve even gone far as full reset of my console. 

Any knowledge of this? All of the other posts are about shutdown during jumps. 

Posted (edited)

I don't think this is an issue of the game..Sounds like a hardware issue.. I replaced my console anyway

Edited by Sushant chowdary

7 hours ago, Loungin said:

Every so many matches (10 perhaps?) while playing PUBG on my Xbox One X (bought around October 2017) it will completely shut down by the time I get to 40 alive. It started shortly after Patch 1.0. It only happens on this game. On Red Dead Redemption 2 I’ve ran it for hours while sounding like a jet taking off and no problems at all. Stays pretty cool.

I’m complaining now because I have taken a break from it and after updates later it’s still doing this. 

Things I’ve tried:

*Placed a decent laptop cooler pad ontop of Xbox. (Kept it pretty cool, not that it ever gets crazy hot)

I would advise contacting microsoft as it sounds like you could potentially have a hardware issue. I personally haven't got this issue on my X and it doesn't sound particularly different under load playing RDR2 either. The only time I have ever noticed it getting particularly noisey was when sitting inside a smoke cloud (and my console is on my desk next to me)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Loungin said:

Things I’ve tried:

It's an issue with both. Just like you my launch XB1X would play PUBG fine right up until the 1.0 patch. After that there was constant shut downs and xbox telling me it's overheated. It was ONLY this game that caused it to shut down. I played RDR 2 for hours on end and the fans sounded like a jet engine but it would never shut down. Any 4k game I would play on my 1 X fans would be loud but again, only this game caused it to shut down. I got fed up and got the Advance Replacement from Microsoft. Not only is the new one easily 50-60%% quieter, there are no more shut downs. I think this game is so poorly coded it causes so much stress on the Components causing them to overheat. I also heard launch consoles thermal paste wasn't very good which is probably why the replacement so much quieter.

Bottom line, replace the console through Microsoft as this game obviously won't be fixed.