travellingmonkey

Cosmetic suggestion: Tattoos

4 minutes ago, travellingmonkey said:

4 minutes ago, travellingmonkey said:

I think we could all agree that seeing a dope af dragon circling forearms or some crazy necks tats would be pretty sweet

I believe they will add that sooner or later . They will give some really ugly tats for free and all the nice ones will be 9.99. typical pubg bs

• Haha 2

Amount of time ive spent looking at my character in game = 0%  i play fpp therefore i cant see myself .

Amount of time ive spent looking at other peoples characters = 0%  im to busy shooting at them or they are to far away to care what they look like .

Please stop giving the devs more pathetic ideas on how to fleece money from us cheers .....

• Like 3

Ok..you see where the problem with what you're saying is? Doesn't mean everyone spends 0% of the time looking at themselves/others.

If they implement forearm/hand tattoos, that would be something that is visible to you 100% of the time

Posted (edited)

If it's GTA , the tattoo will make sense.

In Pubg, , 99.99% the time you look at ur tattoo is from the loading screen.  The number of ppl who reply to this topic somehow reflects the fact.

Edited by D3adc4

Posted (edited)

Dun get me wrong. It's not bad, it's just useless feature that the developers should not spend their time on. 

At least, ppl still can see others' clothing in game. For tattoo, they might need 15x scope to see ur tattoo in game. Tattoo is something in such games like GTA, The Sims, and even SCUM but not PUBG.

Edited by D3adc4

8 hours ago, BoDa SaFuR v2 said:

Amount of time ive spent looking at my character in game = 0%  i play fpp therefore i cant see myself .

Amount of time ive spent looking at other peoples characters = 0%  im to busy shooting at them or they are to far away to care what they look like .

Please stop giving the devs more pathetic ideas on how to fleece money from us cheers .....

Whats the issue ? 

You wont use them, you don't like the idea, you wont buy and you wont see ..

some people will

its not going to slow any devs down except the ones making other skins ?

I have to agree that I see no reason for it at all, I won't buy any of the tattoos. If I were given some for free, I would more than likely put them on my character though. So I am not against them doing it, it just isn't for me. I would use spray paints more in this game. They could even do it like CSGO. Make it where you only get 20-30 sprays so those that spam it will run out of spray paints or have to buy more. My tattoos are going to be covered up 99% of the time because I always use long sleeve shirts, jeans, gloves and normally cover my characters face with some sort of mask. The only bare skin you see on my character is the feet, because boots are louder on some surfaces. lol

56 minutes ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

Whats the issue ? 

You wont use them, you don't like the idea, you wont buy and you wont see ..

some people will

its not going to slow any devs down except the ones making other skins ?

While I would rather they spend more of their development and deployment pipeline on game fixes and enhancements (anyone who clains this doesn't take testing and deployment cycles away from enhancements and fixes is delusional), I recognise it costs money to keep the servers up, and if this helps with that go for it I say.

I would add that I'd rather they place a per-item price against skins (as they have been doing lately) - without introducing more gambling through loot boxes. Hopefully we've seen an end to crate/loot box mechanics in PUBG ... knock on wood...

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, theexecutioner said:

While I would rather they spend more of their development and deployment pipeline on game fixes and enhancements (anyone who clains this doesn't take testing and deployment cycles away from enhancements and fixes is delusional), I recognise it costs money to keep the servers up, and if this helps with that go for it I say.

I would add that I'd rather they place a per-item price against skins (as they have been doing lately) - without introducing more gambling through loot boxes. Hopefully we've seen an end to crate/loot box mechanics in PUBG ... knock on wood...

The people that make skins are artists, they are completely different people / team from the ones that write code and bug fixes and enhancements.  most wouldn't know the first thing about programming code it would be like expecting a French 7 year old to be able to speak Cantonese.  its just very unlikely that kid has both French and Cantonese down, same way a graphic artist cant write code or do bug fixes, so adding tattoos even if you think they are pointless ( I don't really see much point in them either tbh  ) will have zero effect on the time it takes to code bug fixes 

Edited by DeadlyEggXoP

6 minutes ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

The people that make skins are artists, they are completely different people / team from the ones that write code and bug fixes and enhancements.  most wouldn't know the first thing about programming code it would be like expecting a French 7 year old to be able to speak Cantonese.  its just very unlikely that kid has both French and Cantonese down, same way a graphic artist cant write code or do bug fixes, so adding tattoos even if you think they are pointless ( I don't really see much point in them either tbh  ) will have zero effect on the time it takes to code bug fixes 

Yes, agree that the development resources are separate. But everything still needs to be merged back into a production candidate, verified to make sure it all hangs together/tested/deployed.

My point is that there is still, in the end only one merged pipeline leading to a production release... and so by definition it's a balancing act... a perfectly valid and understandable one, but a balancing act nonetheless.

15 hours ago, BoDa SaFuR v2 said:

I get what you're saying, I'm the same but still nice to customise. I want more beard options personally and more hair/beard colours.

Preferably free... (LOL).

I´m sure they'll offer Streamer Beards later for 4.99 :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, un1ty said:

I´m sure they'll offer Streamer Beards later for 4.99 :D 

Dont forget about mustache! And later on - tatoos, camo makeup (oh we got it alrdy), vehicle colors and tuning, adjustable pictures in houses so u can feel like home, weapon attachments like u use for keys, radio in car, sprays! etc. ...ofcrs everything 4.99$ +87359823km in buggy trough Vikendi :D

All "for better experience"

..but for better experience they should care about cheaters, desync, lags and constant packet losts, many many many more things which really destroy experience of gaming.

Tbh, I'd rather buy the cosmetic stuff I like for 4.99 than have loot boxes at all.

If people will buy this crap then as long as it does not give them an advantage what the heck!

4 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

is there even new loot boxes ?  I haven't looked for months ?

Nah haven’t seen any for quite some time... all paid item stuff (which is better IMO). I think all the attention internationally (with the legality brought into question in a number of jurisdictions) has reduced the appeal of randomly generated items from loot boxes...

latest "loot boxes" are these levelup tickets where you get a random coupon out :D

1 hour ago, un1ty said:

latest "loot boxes" are these levelup tickets where you get a random coupon out :D

Yeh they sh#t me too,  but ppl pay for the loot boxes... and more so for a keyed box.