Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lutezify

Windows Defender won't let me launch the game

I have tried disabling it, but that only works for a short period of time as Windows Defender re-enables itself if it finds itself disabled for a certain amount of time. I've tried adding exclusions to the software to allow BattlEye, which has seemed to help, but nothing works for good. I also cannot remove Windows Defender from my PC as I do not have access to group policy editor. This issue has resulted in my computer freezing multiple times, which is just a result from trying to launch the game and temp. disable Windows Defender at the same time (I think).

Does ANYONE know what else I can try, I am desperate! 

1 hour ago, Lutezify said:

I have tried disabling it, but that only works for a short period of time as Windows Defender re-enables itself if it finds itself disabled for a certain amount of time. I've tried adding exclusions to the software to allow BattlEye, which has seemed to help, but nothing works for good. I also cannot remove Windows Defender from my PC as I do not have access to group policy editor. This issue has resulted in my computer freezing multiple times, which is just a result from trying to launch the game and temp. disable Windows Defender at the same time (I think).

Does ANYONE know what else I can try, I am desperate! 

You could try running the game/steam as admin? That may do the trick. 

Does anyone know how to fix this, it still persists this weekend and it's really driving me crazy. PC has had to be hard reset at least 5 times because the interaction between Windows Defender manipulations and starting the game; it just ends up freezing my left monitor.