Griezzymann

PUBG update (Vikendi update)

Where are the updates at pubg? Haven’t had an actual update yet and it’s been a month since release. Said vikendi would drop in january but we haven’t heard any release dates yet or any E.T.A. Me , as a hardcore pubg player, needs to see more support for this game on the ps4. It’s been lacking on store items , updates and hotfixes. And I know the pubg ps4 team isn’t doing nothing, but atleast show us some sort of feedback on what’s going on with the game and updates. @PUBG_Andymh5

• Like 1

Hi, the only information that we are able to share is that Vikendi will be launched alongside the new Survivor pass, new weapons with many quality of life and bug fixes sometime this month (Date TBD).  Keep an eye on the PS4 News & Announcements section.  You'll find the tab at the top right-hand side of the page (or if you using a mobile it will be at the bottom).  You can use this to get email notifications on when there is new information added about upcoming updates, patch notes and console dev reports.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi, the only information that we are able to share is that Vikendi will be launched alongside the new Survivor pass, new weapons with many quality of life and bug fixes sometime this month (Date TBD).  Keep an eye on the PS4 News & Announcements section.  You'll find the tab at the top right-hand side of the page (or if you using a mobile it will be at the bottom).  You can use this to get email notifications on when there is new information added about upcoming updates, patch notes and console dev reports.

So just to confirm you have more info on how this forum works then anything in the game? Also nice to see you dodge my question over in the xbox section to only come and answer it here lol maybe if you reply to people they don't have to chase you around the site to find out information there would be less salt. As for the survival pass it's a joke and full of missions that promotes bad game play the skins are ok but the route to unlock is redicolus.

Edited by Barthy
Added text

1 hour ago, Barthy said:

So just to confirm you have more info on how this forum works then anything in the game? Also nice to see you dodge my question over in the xbox section to only come and answer it here lol maybe if you reply to people they don't have to chase you around the site to find out information there would be less salt. As for the survival pass it's a joke and full of missions that promotes bad game play the skins are ok but the route to unlock is redicolus.

Hi Barthy, I was suggesting ways that may help Griezzmann find or gain access to new information on the forums.  In regards to you thinking that I was 'dodging' your question, I simply wasn't.  If the question you are referring to is 'Could we get this as an official post or tweet or something please?'. I had an official post pinned in the Test server general feedback and test server bug reports section of the Xbox forums one hour before you posted your question.  As you can see, Griezzmann tagged me in this post which means that I get a notification when I'm online which is why I responded.  You can do this by typing @ and then the forum members name to tag them to your post/topic.  There is also a forum message system that you can use to message me directly if you have any questions or need any assistance.  Thanks for your feedback.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi Barthy, I was suggesting ways that may help Griezzmann find or gain access to new information on the forums.  In regards to you thinking that I was 'dodging' your question, I simply wasn't.  If the question you are referring to is 'Could we get this as an official post or tweet or something please?'. I had an official post pinned in the Test server general feedback and test server bug reports section of the Xbox forums one hour before you posted that question.  As you can see, Griezzmann tagged me in this post which means that I get a notification when I'm online which is why I responded.  You can do this by typing @ and then the forum members name to tag them to your post/topic.  There is also a forum message system that you can use to message me directly if you have any questions or need any assistance.  Thanks for your feedback.

@PUBG_Andymh5 Thank you for a reply in other sections of the forum as it seems the community is begging/looking for some kind of dev update on the issues raised. I understand you may not be able to give us all the info we need at this point and you are doing your best to reply and update players but much more is needed from the devs at this point. Why are we still so far from matching the PC version in terms of death cam replay feature and tons of other little QoL changes was all this pushed back to get the new map out for Xmas? When are the team back in the office after holidays? What are they actively working on now? How long for parachute update to hit PTS? The longer they leave it to answer these there will be new questions from the game supporters maybe it's time they give us some info?

All I want is more transparacy for console players. Give us details about futer updates, cosmetics etc. I know how the forum works @PUBG_Andymh5.  I just wished we got more support. Give us more updates and fixes, there are a lot of bugs in the game atm , exempel : getting stuck in objects. Give us the support that pc is getting. You need to listen to the fans more , not only listen to the bugs and glitches, but also to the people asking for new store items etc. When ever there is a bug or glitch and we post it, one of you say will pass it over to the team. But whenever we ask/suggest for new store items or fpp or other things we either don’t get an awnser or I get told how the forum works. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Barthy said:

@PUBG_Andymh5 Thank you for a reply in other sections of the forum as it seems the community is begging/looking for some kind of dev update on the issues raised. I understand you may not be able to give us all the info we need at this point and you are doing your best to reply and update players but much more is needed from the devs at this point. Why are we still so far from matching the PC version in terms of death cam replay feature and tons of other little QoL changes was all this pushed back to get the new map out for Xmas? When are the team back in the office after holidays? What are they actively working on now? How long for parachute update to hit PTS? The longer they leave it to answer these there will be new questions from the game supporters maybe it's time they give us some info?

We mentioned last week that the reason we did not have an event mode is that the team is focusing all their efforts on the PTS/Vikendi which is still the case.   Everything related to optimization/stabilization on Console should usually follow PC with a 2-4 week gap. QoL changes should also follow with an approximate 1-month gap.  Our goal is to eventually have parity between PC and console platforms.  As I have said before, we do not want to give exact dates of when new features, bug fixes etc will be introduced as things don't always go to plan which results in the Community getting frustrated as well as ourselves. 

Just now, Griezzymann said:

All I want is more transparacy for console players. Give us details about futer updates, cosmetics etc. I know how the forum works @PUBG_Andymh5.  I just wished we got more support. Give us more updates and fixes, there are a lot of bugs in the game atm , exempel : getting stuck in objects. Give us the support that pc is getting. You need to listen to the fans more , not only listen to the bugs and glitches, but also to the people asking for new store items etc. When ever there is a bug or glitch and we post it, one of you say will pass it over to the team. But whenever we ask/suggest for new store items or fpp or other things we either don’t get an awnser or I get told how the forum works. 

The suggestions on the forums are all read and reported to the team but due to the number of suggestions, they can't all be replied to.  The reason I suggest following certain areas of the forum or even members of the team is that there is information available but it is knowing where to find it. 

Would prefer to have regular small updates or would you like larger updates with more content with longer turnaround time? 

I do prefer larger updates @PUBG_Andymh5 , ofcourse. But back when I still played on Xbox , I was used to an update every 1/2 weeks on tuesday. I feel like i’m missing the support. I get the team is focusing on vikendi, but I hope we get more cosmetics and updates as soon as vikendi drops. For instance , the weapon skins that Xbox has (glory and orange camo’s) and maybe the same UI as pc would be dope. Small things like that do wonders !!! 

• Like 1

Just now, Griezzymann said:

I do prefer larger updates @PUBG_Andymh5 , ofcourse. But back when I still played on Xbox , I was used to an update every 1/2 weeks on tuesday. I feel like i’m missing the support. I get the team is focusing on vikendi, but I hope we get more cosmetics and updates as soon as vikendi drops. For instance , the weapon skins that Xbox has (glory and orange camo’s) and maybe the same UI as pc would be dope. Small things like that do wonders !!! 

Currently, PS4 and Xbox both have different skins but we are aiming on having parity on consoles.  The orange skins you mentioned are only available from the triumph crates available on PC.  The team are working on improving the UI and will be adding the new Vikendi survival system this month alongside Vikendi which will include loads more skins I think you will enjoy.

• Like 1

since you are here answering questions @PUBG_Andymh5
I get that you can´t give us some dates for updates but can you tell if Custom games are planed in the near future for PS4?

Posted (edited)

Hi Andy

PS4 New update (Vikendi update) in January coming First for PTS (for test Vikendi pass?) or Coming to Live servers? (main PUBG) @PUBG_Andymh5

Edited by iHamid4Wizard

24 minutes ago, iHamid4Wizard said:

Hi Andy

PS4 New update (Vikendi update) in January coming First for PTS (for test Vikendi pass?) or Coming to Live servers? (main PUBG) @PUBG_Andymh5

Both are planned to go to live servers at the same time.

1 hour ago, Spuute said:

since you are here answering questions @PUBG_Andymh5
I get that you can´t give us some dates for updates but can you tell if Custom games are planed in the near future for PS4?

Custom games and event modes will be released for PS4 at a later date.

• Like 2

Tankyou Andy for answer quick! @PUBG_Andymh5

1.in Coming Vikendi Update, whats Include new features? add choosing maps? add Rankings? add overhaul parachute? add show ping Time in-game? Fix FPS and Improve UI (clothes, cars stones, Scopes blurry 3X,Holographic) planned for PS4 Standard?

2.Vikendi pass Live to PTS Date?     cant wait 😍