Sign in to follow this  
DeCrazy

MAP SELECTION

On 1/5/2019 at 6:54 AM, darcassassin147 said:

Dont like the map then back out and reload new game

why? why cant there be map selection like PC and xbox????? i personally dont want to back out every f**Kin time i want a different map

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HELLBRECT said:

why? why cant there be map selection like PC and xbox????? i personally dont want to back out every f**Kin time i want a different map

Because the player base isn't big enough and if they put in map selection queue times would be much much longer. Xbox has a map selection but its Sanhok or Erangel and Miramar. So it's not truly map selection like on PC. I already get partial match sizes in some lobbies without map selection. Everybody wants everything all right now, but the facts are that FPP modes and map selection would split the player base so bad it would take forever to find a game and when you finally did it wouldn't be a full lobby. You have to remember that there are a lot of people from different areas playing the game which means not everyone will have the same preferences, so they have to try to cater to everyone in one way or another while maintaining balance and a good game experience. Trust me, they have put a lot of thought into all of this, not to mention they have explained this several times already

1 hour ago, GO_Cards77 said:

Because the player base isn't big enough and if they put in map selection queue times would be much much longer. Xbox has a map selection but its Sanhok or Erangel and Miramar. So it's not truly map selection like on PC. I already get partial match sizes in some lobbies without map selection. Everybody wants everything all right now, but the facts are that FPP modes and map selection would split the player base so bad it would take forever to find a game and when you finally did it wouldn't be a full lobby. You have to remember that there are a lot of people from different areas playing the game which means not everyone will have the same preferences, so they have to try to cater to everyone in one way or another while maintaining balance and a good game experience. Trust me, they have put a lot of thought into all of this, not to mention they have explained this several times already

glad you have put a lot of thought into this :/ but the fact remains this is BH 3rd rollout of the same platform just to a diiferent console and yet the same mistakes are happening over again and the lack of player base is FACT to that the online community are moving elsewhere as they cant be arsed with the same old shi!t so dress it up however you want buttercup it isnt going to change the fact of the matter "however much you have given it hought" that mistakes are still being made!

16 hours ago, HELLBRECT said:

glad you have put a lot of thought into this :/ but the fact remains this is BH 3rd rollout of the same platform just to a diiferent console and yet the same mistakes are happening over again and the lack of player base is FACT to that the online community are moving elsewhere as they cant be arsed with the same old shi!t so dress it up however you want buttercup it isnt going to change the fact of the matter "however much you have given it hought" that mistakes are still being made!

well you are entitled to have your own opinion buttercup, unfortunately

17 hours ago, HELLBRECT said:

Getting a map you dislike is much better than getting no game at all or having to wait extended periods of time to get a game. Opinions may differ, but it seems likely that people would rather spend time playing instead of sitting in a queue. 

If you only had an hour to play, would you be ok with spending 30-40 minutes of that sitting in queues? I would argue that the majority of people probably wouldn't be ok with that and the threads asking for map selection would shift to "why do i have to wait so long for a game". The current system may mean that you don't get a map that you enjoy as much as the others but you still get a game that you can play.

• Like 3

I understand why they don’t have it. But they need to meet us half way. Give us a survey asking us what’s our favorite maps between the 3 and generate a system where the favorable maps are more likely to be played. Because let’s be honest......that desert map sucks 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 1:04 PM, Bill7fred said:

I understand why they don’t have it. But they need to meet us half way. Give us a survey asking us what’s our favorite maps between the 3 and generate a system where the favorable maps are more likely to be played. Because let’s be honest......that desert map sucks 🤷🏾‍♂️

Sounds like a lot of extra work for the devs instead of focusing on real issues at the moment. Especially when I'm sure map selection is planned for the future as long as the player base grows. You want map selection? Spread the word and get your friends to play pubg on ps4. Help the player base grow. I dont understand why it is so hard for people to read the mods replies to these topics and understand WHY we dont and wont have map selection right now. 

13 minutes ago, Shannonmcb said:

The game is gonna die on PS4 if they don't hurry up with the options the Xbox already has

They open it when the player base is good. why open it earlier... 

Player base is going down by the day. Used to be able to get match on eu servers. Takes forever now and sometimes 30 people in a match. It's shit I'm almost ready to give up myself until fpp comes out.

Yeah we can't have map select tbh, FPP solo just had 50 people in the game 

well, I beleive with the vivenki map and the survivor and premium pass, many player will start to play again, and than the dev can try add mapa selection

We advocated for map select a long time on PC, and it "kind of worked" once they put it back in, but we had a much bigger playerbase to make it work as well. You could tell afterwards that specific queues were much slower, and some maps like Miramar fail to pop unless you sit in queue a very long time.

PS4 has a much smaller population, if they put in map select it might become impossible to find games (especially in FPP)

Be careful what you wish for.