Sign in to follow this  
Edenhazard0987

New performance improvement on ps4

Saw few articles that we would get an update for PUBG on PS4 for performance enhancement for FPS and graphics. So wanted to know when the update might be live? This month ?

23 hours ago, MrSoggyWaffle25 said:

Use the PTS and you can test for yourself.

O.o shit if that's what's coming then it might be time to find a new game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrSoggyWaffle25 said:

It’s a test server

So what's on the test server doesnt serve as an accurate representation of what we are actually getting? Gotcha.......

• Haha 1

Problem is no one playing PTS anymore so they’re most likely not getting as much feedback as they’d like, hence the delay in going live. 

1 hour ago, cdotcizle said:

Problem is no one playing PTS anymore so they’re most likely not getting as much feedback as they’d like, hence the delay in going live. 

very true pal, shame though they need telling to do the same things over and over and over again ;) i understand the test server gets rid of "niggles" but the fundamental issues that have haunted us on ALL platforms since day 1 , FPS , region lock etc still get forgotten every new console release !!!! i mean how hard it is too remeber the problems you had on the PC /Xbox but still dont action them on the PS4 straight away??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HELLBRECT said:

very true pal, shame though they need telling to do the same things over and over and over again ;) i understand the test server gets rid of "niggles" but the fundamental issues that have haunted us on ALL platforms since day 1 , FPS , region lock etc still get forgotten every new console release !!!! i mean how hard it is too remeber the problems you had on the PC /Xbox but still dont action them on the PS4 straight away??

Your using a PS4 just to make you aware. There is realistically only so much they can do to max out FPS. As for region lock, the population of PUBG seems to be very small atm. So small in fact that if you queue for a FPP squads game between the hours of 8am- 3-4 PM, the lobby normally has like 30-50 players. If they were to lock regions the population would be split again.

13 hours ago, FennellLad said:

Your using a PS4 just to make you aware. There is realistically only so much they can do to max out FPS. As for region lock, the population of PUBG seems to be very small atm. So small in fact that if you queue for a FPP squads game between the hours of 8am- 3-4 PM, the lobby normally has like 30-50 players. If they were to lock regions the population would be split again.

very true but its possible a catch 22 scenerio , if the fixed the desync issues (amongst others) theres a chance a lot of the player base would return, i cant even think how many online friends i have who have left PUBG in there rear view mirror due to all the issues :(

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, HELLBRECT said:

Have you ever tried to make a game? Write the code and all that? Ya know I'm sure it's pretty difficult. Everyone compares this game to COD or BF and the fact is that Bluehole doesn't have the resources that Activision and Dice or EA have. I would go out on a limb and say that if BH could wave a magic wand and fix all of the game's problems, they probably would. I think these people are more than likely doing the best they can with what they have. Oh and don't forget that even the AAA companies that I mentioned earlier both have legacy game issues that have been around since forever. So I would have to say that sure the game has problems but they have obviously shown that they are committed to fixing everything they can and making the game as good as they can. Just my opinion, I mean hell they embraced the term fix pubg and actually started fixing things. I doubt they have forgotten these issues that you say are easy to remember, the fix however is probably more difficult than you realise

Edited by GO_Cards77

20 hours ago, Mr. Smalls said:

So what's on the test server doesnt serve as an accurate representation of what we are actually getting? Gotcha.......

PTS is to test features and enhancements so they can fix it before it goes to the live server. Otherwise you would be crying because there is a bug that wasn’t tested before it was put in the game. 

2 hours ago, GO_Cards77 said:

Have you ever tried to make a game? Write the code and all that? Ya know I'm sure it's pretty difficult. Everyone compares this game to COD or BF and the fact is that Bluehole doesn't have the resources that Activision and Dice or EA have. I would go out on a limb and say that if BH could wave a magic wand and fix all of the game's problems, they probably would. I think these people are more than likely doing the best they can with what they have. Oh and don't forget that even the AAA companies that I mentioned earlier both have legacy game issues that have been around since forever. So I would have to say that sure the game has problems but they have obviously shown that they are committed to fixing everything they can and making the game as good as they can. Just my opinion, I mean hell they embraced the term fix pubg and actually started fixing things. I doubt they have forgotten these issues that you say are easy to remember, the fix however is probably more difficult than you realise

hmm have i ever tried to write code for a game ??? errr no but then i never claimed to be a game developer did i !!!! and BH have and been paid hansomly for it might i add, and im sure they would love to wave a magic wand as would we all to get this game fixed, and yes your right the AAA compaines make mistakes but what i will tell you is they generally listen to crisitism and feedback hence why you never generally see the same issue raise its head over and over again. i think the biggest annoyance for the community is they feel the cries go unheard wether that be true or not, dont get me wrong i love the game and the only reason im still sat here typing this response is i want them to do better as the game has sooo much potential but i just feel we keep going round in circles.

16 hours ago, HELLBRECT said:

hmm have i ever tried to write code for a game ??? errr no but then i never claimed to be a game developer did i !!!! and BH have and been paid hansomly for it might i add, and im sure they would love to wave a magic wand as would we all to get this game fixed, and yes your right the AAA compaines make mistakes but what i will tell you is they generally listen to crisitism and feedback hence why you never generally see the same issue raise its head over and over again. i think the biggest annoyance for the community is they feel the cries go unheard wether that be true or not, dont get me wrong i love the game and the only reason im still sat here typing this response is i want them to do better as the game has sooo much potential but i just feel we keep going round in circles.

no actually the AAA game developers have the same problems in every game. I stated that pretty clearly. Also the Fix Pubg campaign I mentioned showed that they listen and try to implement fixes. I never said you did claim to be a developer I am trying to give you something called perspective. If you don't know what that is, look it up. I think the game is pretty damn good right now, not perfect, but no game is perfect.

FIX PUBG is over.

PUBG PS4 has some Bugs and Problems. But not so hart, that they destroy the whole game(play). Give the DEVS some more time to adress, fix and improve the Bugs/Game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruhrpotti said:

FIX PUBG is over.

PUBG PS4 has some Bugs and Problems. But not so hart, that they destroy the whole game(play). Give the DEVS some more time to adress, fix and improve the Bugs/Game.

Idk man. Some of these frame drops and stutters are pretty game breaking

2 hours ago, GO_Cards77 said:

no actually the AAA game developers have the same problems in every game. I stated that pretty clearly. Also the Fix Pubg campaign I mentioned showed that they listen and try to implement fixes. I never said you did claim to be a developer I am trying to give you something called perspective. If you don't know what that is, look it up. I think the game is pretty damn good right now, not perfect, but no game is perfect.

GO_cards77 resident expert for all AAA devs, good to know ;) and speaks for them all ;) also good to know

3 hours ago, HELLBRECT said:

GO_cards77 resident expert for all AAA devs, good to know ;) and speaks for them all ;) also good to know

Lol right back ya bud. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house