Sign in to follow this  
Sushant chowdary

Vikendi Launch

I would say so - it's running pretty well on the whole so it will be a case of releasing it to see how it copes with the strain, then patching it up a couple of weeks after

• Like 1

I can’t wait to get this update to live. Getting sick of this new map wanna see the new features on the other maps. Can’t go back to live server until then. 

• Like 2

I keep seeing the 19th as a rumored release.  I feel like it should be ready before then but Im not deeply involved in the dev.  I just cant wait to be able to duo it up on Vikendi, love the map but hated playing 2-man squads.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WORLD CERES said:

Don’t care, still only like the original map!

I think it is the best one overall as well. Love Sanhok and Vikendi but still always enjoy the OG Erangel.

#dropshelter 😉

• Like 2

19th Jan is the date that was stated for the release.   There's a lot of bugs to sort out 1) lots of audio issues, like footsteps aren't heard at villa 2) go underneath castle and probably other areas 3) flying snowmobiles! 4) castle and any heavily populated areas lag like crazy at the start... 15 days isn't long at all if they sort all this out, plus the new mission pass

13 minutes ago, WORLD CERES said:

Don’t care, still only like the original map!

I tolerate Miramar, cos I have no choice. We always hope it loads us into Erangel  and sigh when it doesnt. I never play sanhok. 

I loaded up the PTS to take a look at the new map, and it does look very pretty, so I look forward to giving it a shot. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KILLMODE KIRB said:

I think it is the best one overall as well. Love Sanhok and Vikendi but still always enjoy the OG Erangel.

#dropshelter 😉

Military base FTW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seeing how aside from cars glitching through the map, the castle glitch and a few random other glitches the PTS seems to run smoother and has better hit detection than Live server does at this point. I think it will be on live by or before Jan 20th

26 minutes ago, siqj3st3r said:

Seeing how aside from cars glitching through the map, the castle glitch and a few random other glitches the PTS seems to run smoother and has better hit detection than Live server does at this point. I think it will be on live by or before Jan 20th

Did they fix all of the play-doh buildings? Almost every building was play-doh while landing the last time I played. I recently purchased an SSD, so that's not an issue anymore. But they really shouldn't release the map if non-ssd users can get stuck in nearly every building.

After playing the PTS a ton. There's no way they will have all the bugs fixed and better optimize map by this month. I'm predicting buggy live server release as usual.

Erangel- love 

Miramar - hate (still can’t hot drop due to building and weapons not losing or rendering.

Sanhok- play nothing but it because I can’t just pick Erangel unless playing custom matches. 

And Vikendi - love the map and locations, do not care for the amount of UZI’s and 9mm weapons that spawn. I would love to see more AR’s spawning. I know the PC guys have the same issue and I fear the loot won’t be adjusted come launch 😢

53 minutes ago, Unicorn Hunter6 said:

And Vikendi - love the map and locations, do not care for the amount of UZI’s and 9mm weapons that spawn. I would love to see more AR’s spawning. I know the PC guys have the same issue and I fear the loot won’t be adjusted come launch 😢

I can't see it happening,  it didn't get changed for them so it more than likely isn't changing for consoles either.  

They have it set up this way due to the design of the map. The reason there is an abundance of SMG's is because the design of the map ie: clusters of buildings are only a 100 - 200 meters apart, close clusters of trees  ...... 

I hope the map is launched to live server, sooner than later ! But not until issues like being able to go under the castle and just kill everyone else that wanders through. .. there is absolutely no reason for the map to go live as long as players can abuse the glitches

28 minutes ago, DecoratedShamus said:

I can't see it happening,  it didn't get changed for them so it more than likely isn't changing for consoles either.  

They have it set up this way due to the design of the map. The reason there is an abundance of SMG's is because the design of the map ie: clusters of buildings are only a 100 - 200 meters apart, close clusters of trees  ...... 

I hope the map is launched to live server, sooner than later ! But not until issues like being able to go under the castle and just kill everyone else that wanders through. .. there is absolutely no reason for the map to go live as long as players can abuse the glitches

I agree with you 100%. I don’t forsee the weapon  spawns changing either. And yeah it needs to be fixed before it goes live. I give it two weeks at minimum before we see it on the live servers. Just because of the holidays and I doubt they had the entire team there during the past couple weeks. 

3 hours ago, ChuckN0vak said:

19th Jan is the date that was stated for the release.   There's a lot of bugs to sort out 1) lots of audio issues, like footsteps aren't heard at villa 2) go underneath castle and probably other areas 3) flying snowmobiles! 4) castle and any heavily populated areas lag like crazy at the start... 15 days isn't long at all if they sort all this out, plus the new mission pass

PC had a release date on the 19th but December not january. It was never stated when it will be pushed to live servers for console.

It was stated that the PTS was going to come to console in January but never a set date

• Like 1

there was a tweet a while back that got deleted that said the 19th, probably a mixup with the PC release.   either way, date is irrelevant as long as the bugs are out that stop people killing you under the map, or let you fly in a snowmobile.. 

I can't wait to use the giant mini map setting on Sanhok and have the entire map in the corner ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m sure they don’t update the pts with fixes until It goes to live servers? I could be wrong but most of these issues could be fixed already.

1 hour ago, MrSoggyWaffle25 said:

There was never a set date for the release other than sometime in January. 

All the partnered streamers state that the "official release" for console live server's is marked as January 19th / 20th,  but that's a Saturday / Sunday  ! So I'd think 15th - 16th or 22nd - 23rd  (my guess)

4 hours ago, trakkerx said:

I’m sure they don’t update the pts with fixes until It goes to live servers? I could be wrong but most of these issues could be fixed already.

To be honest they don’t normally fix the issues before they push it over to live. Let alone on the PTS 😂 

• Haha 1