UnbO | Jonas

Mouse buttons aren't registred when reloading your weapon

I don't think that's a bug, but a correct portrayal of gun functionality.

Guns don't work the way in real life, i.e. you can't keep the trigger pulled while reloading to immidiately continue shooting after finishing reloading.

Posted (edited)

Yes, clearly, but it's not like I would be directly controling the gun when playing PUBG (which means left mouse button would be wired to the trigger). I use my mouse and keyboard to "communicate" to my character. So, when I want to reload, I will press 'r' in order to let him know he should reload. And now, after that reload I want him to start to pull the trigger as early as possible, so I press the left mouse button. That doesn't have anything to do with pulling the trigger while reloading.

Your argumentation would be correct if I wanted to shoot while reloading.

Edited by UnbO | Jonas

@UnbO | Jonas

This is due to how actions are handled. Reloading is an interrupt that interrupts the firing action, just like it also interrupts the ADS action. 

While the reloading action is taking place you are unable to queue additional actions. This means if you attempt to ADS or fire while the reload action is taking place then it won't be actioned as the reload action has not yet finished. As I understand, this is by design and is not a bug.

Keep in mind, pulling the trigger mid reload in IRL, as @M4ni4c pointed out, is also not something you would do and the game reflects that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Takarii

Ok, then one more thing:

I keep holding the button down while reloading, nothing happens (and also no action is being queued up) which is how it should be. But after the reload is finished I am still holding it down, so the action should be triggered then because the blocking factor is no longer there.

Edited by UnbO | Jonas

On 1/9/2019 at 12:05 PM, UnbO | Jonas said:

@Takarii

Ok, then one more thing:

I keep holding the button down while reloading, nothing happens (and also no action is being queued up) which is how it should be. But after the reload is finished I am still holding it down, so the action should be triggered then because the blocking factor is no longer there.

`

That is because the reload action is an interrupt and interrupts (cancels) the firing action

• Like 1

@Takarii

And that's what I am asking you to change. Might be possible that this didn't come through initially.

The reason why I see this as a bug is because it is different in all other games. Sure that's not an argument but as I see it, changing it to my desires doesn't conflict with any of your arguments regarding gameplay design and realism. The fact that no action is queued can be solved by simply checking whether the keys bind to shooting and ads/aiming are pressed when the reloading interrupt is gone.

It's a simple Quality of Life improvement but it has a bigger impact than you might think, as people die because of it (me included, multiple times) and become annoyed.

Edited by UnbO | Jonas

23 hours ago, UnbO | Jonas said:

@Takarii

And that's what I am asking you to change. Might be possible that this didn't come through initially.

The reason why I see this as a bug is because it is different in all other games. Sure that's not an argument but as I see it, changing it to my desires doesn't conflict with any of your arguments regarding gameplay design and realism. The fact that no action is queued can be solved by simply checking whether the keys bind to shooting and ads/aiming are pressed when the reloading interrupt is gone.

It's a simple Quality of Life improvement but it has a bigger impact than you might think, as people die because of it (me included, multiple times) and become annoyed.

Totally get what you are saying, but please understand that at present it is working as designed and is thus not a bug. Action queuing is purposefully not present currently

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1