Sign in to follow this  
Mills9

Finally got a SSD

Made a post a few weeks ago if getting an SSD was worth it even though I have an X and everything but I decided to go and buy a 500 GB SanDisk SSD and I gotta say it was well worth it. Castle loaded in perfect, villa no problem. Games perfect no complaints with anything anymore. Now I got the full package, One x with SSD on 4K monitor, hard wired internet.. loving it. Suggest everyone buy one no matter what system you got

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Mills9 said:

Made a post a few weeks ago if getting an SSD was worth it even though I have an X and everything but I decided to go and buy a 500 GB SanDisk SSD and I gotta say it was well worth it. Castle loaded in perfect, villa no problem. Games perfect no complaints with anything anymore. Now I got the full package, One x with SSD on 4K monitor, hard wired internet.. loving it. Suggest everyone buy one no matter what system you got

Good to hear thinking about myself getting an SSD due to this game is required to have anything that will help. You play FPP right, if you want we should link up sometime as I usually just play solos on fpp, but seems like you take the game seriously. 👍

• Like 2

Good to hear you followed the advice and benefited. So many people commenting on SSD performance without actually owning one! 

4 hours ago, Mills9 said:

Glad to see another person benefit from an SSD. So many naysayers on here.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Flamelegend said:

Glad to see another person benefit from an SSD. So many naysayers on here.

Naysayers? Who's naysaying? They're obviously uneducated.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Smalls said:

Naysayers? Who's naysaying? They're obviously uneducated.

Maybe that was the wrong choice of words. Some put it on PUBG/Microsoft to make the things load faster when internal hardware restricts that from happening. 

I have an SSD on an Xbox One S, one of my squadmates got the exact same setup for his Xbox One, both of us load in way faster than the dude with a One X, and we never have play doh buildings.

Best decision I ever made.

Now to get replace the 43" telly with a monitor...

14 hours ago, Mills9 said:

external or interal ssd?? I have an external hdd but thinking about getting an external ssd as well for pub

I also finally made the decision to go buy an external SSD last night myself, against the spouse's wishes even (she does not understand the video game industry). It was absolutely worth the butt chewing at first (the wife and I are on good terms now haha). It's a whole new game to me now. I also love the fact that I can get into the lobby with 30+ seconds left to match start. I can also start dropping hot FINALLY and have my buildings and loot rendered before I even land on the ground. See you all in Castle, Cosmo, Villa, Hacienda, Pecado, Military Base, and School! :) 

Yup. My bud has the x and always complaining everything is playdo when he drops..

Meanwhile i have an OG..with SSD and no issues.

2 minutes ago, Viktorssonn said:

But SSD does not affect on FPS drops, right?

I believe a SSD only affects rendering times at the start of a match, which is good for hotdrops as it will produce quicker building rendering times.

It definitely won’t affect FPS. 

6 минут назад, DB0VIN сказал:

I believe a SSD only affects rendering times at the start of a match, which is good for hotdrops as it will produce quicker building rendering times.

It definitely won’t affect FPS. 

I think building rendering time it is not the main complain in game,but FPS frops killing this game, I dont see a reason to spend money on SSD if it only saves 10seconds for building to render🙄

14 часа назад, Mills9 сказал:

Games perfect no complaints with anything anymore

4 hours ago, VinnieB said:

Mines coming today, can't wait. Got the Samsung 860 EVO and a enclosure.

Do you have to get an enclosure?? What’s the use of that?? 

2 minutes ago, mike11809 said:

Do you have to get an enclosure?? What’s the use of that?? 

Yes because an 860 evo is an internal ssd and will not plug up to normal usb

1 minute ago, XxESCxXLUKE1333 said:

Yes because an 860 evo is an internal ssd and will not plug up to normal usb

Oh ok makes sense now... any recommendations on which enclosure to buy? Going to Best Buy today to check out an ssd

1 minute ago, mike11809 said:

Oh ok makes sense now... any recommendations on which enclosure to buy? Going to Best Buy today to check out an ssd

this is what i was looking at, i assume as other guy above us bought

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-500GB-Internal-MZ-76E500B-AM/dp/B07K15PB2B/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546011234&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung%2Bevo%2B860%2B500gb&th=1

18 minutes ago, mike11809 said:

Awesome!! I will look into it today! Thanks, truly appreciate the help! 

no problem i ordered one to try as well. i have a 1 or 2 tb external hdd and going to try this 500 gb ssd for pub and see if it makes a difference

10 hours ago, Flamelegend said:

Maybe that was the wrong choice of words. Some put it on PUBG/Microsoft to make the things load faster when internal hardware restricts that from happening. 

Yeah but it should be PUBG corp to fix the game.

Read speeds on a mechanical HDD are pitiful but most games can load faster if the way the data loads is optimised.

PUBG does too much work in almost all areas and can be made more efficient.

There are limits of course, but I don't think we've reached the limits of the console after having playing Just Cause 4 on the OG Xbox which has many more buildings, much more detailed terrain, a bigger map, destructible buildings etc etc and has no streaming hitches..

1 hour ago, Viktorssonn said:

I think building rendering time it is not the main complain in game,but FPS frops killing this game, I dont see a reason to spend money on SSD if it only saves 10seconds for building to render🙄

10 seconds at the beginning of the match is precisely why I have an SSD for this game.

• Like 2