Sign in to follow this  
cjshred0991

Riddle Me This...

Okay so from my understanding there is literally not even 100 people queing for FPP on the test or even the LIVE server....

Please do something to make FPP appealing to people. I literally hate TPP and would rather play Duck hunt.

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

4 minutes ago, cjshred0991 said:

Why doesnt anyone play FPP?

I would guess that the vast majority doesn't want to.

Riddle solved.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DR. Intellect said:

It's mainly the FOV, framerate, and feeling of being very short. 

I think it’s mainly people prefer TPP and use them excuses instead of admitting they don’t like FPP.

Fps isn’t any different,  you look through the windows perfectly in FPP it’s not like your looking at the bottom of the frame and yea the FOV might be slightly squished and I definently prefer maxing it out on the test server but I bet that will not be enough to bring players over because the main reason is that people don’t like FPP in general. 

No corner peeking, no looking around 360 degrees whilst running etc.... that’s the main reason 

• Like 2
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BuckStar said:

I think it’s mainly people prefer TPP and use them excuses instead of admitting they don’t like FPP.

Fps isn’t any different,  you look through the windows perfectly in FPP it’s not like your looking at the bottom of the frame and yea the FOV might be slightly squished and I definently prefer maxing it out on the test server but I bet that will not be enough to bring players over because the main reason is that people don’t like FPP in general. 

No corner peeking, no looking around 360 degrees whilst running etc.... that’s the main reason 

I don't think so. Corner peaking is a double-edged sword and everyone knows it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 1

28 minutes ago, DR. Intellect said:

They added a FOV slider now on the Test Server and it does wonders. But @BuckStar is right, you lose the ability to look behind you, and to see around walls without exposing yourself. The frames and performance is the same. Yeah, looking INTO a house is really weird , but, most houses irl arent at your waste either.

• Like 1
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea I think fpp is really cool an I like to gun fight in fpp but I’m so used to playing tpp games

( gears4 , GTA) the perspective while looting and driving is what I would need to get used to BUT I enjoy tpp so I do t want to practice in a perspective I don’t choose to play regularly 

Edited by x MeAt SLiNgEr x

They can't make a first person view appealing to people who prefer third person - especially in a game that actually offers (and originally launched exclusively as) TPP.

I dislike playing in TPP like the next guy, but it is what it is.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

21 minutes ago, cjshred0991 said:

They added a FOV slider now on the Test Server and it does wonders. But @BuckStar is right, you lose the ability to look behind you, and to see around walls without exposing yourself. The frames and performance is the same. Yeah, looking INTO a house is really weird , but, most houses irl arent at your waste either.

I don't have a frame counter. I am just going on the level of headache I get after playing fpp for a while. It's much more severe than my tpp headache. :)

Edited by DR. Intellect
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DR. Intellect said:

Truth. Corner peeking comes down to who has the better position when the zone shifts. Sometimes the enemy is favored... sometime you are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I dont play TPP for peaking ability, I play TPP Because I like the feel of TPP more than FPP in this game. It was originally released as a TPP and I like it that way, Ive tried playing FPP and I just dont like it. 

• Like 3

I think they would have to give BP bonuses, give missions that are FPP based, or have items that are unlocked only via FPP, but can be used in TPP after they are unlocked, to attract people back to FPP. I'd prefer to play FPP, but I stopped playing months ago because the crazy amount of desync on FPP servers due to the large population of out of region players on FPP servers. And I don't play FPP today because it takes so long to find a match.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 7:17 AM, DR. Intellect said:

It's mainly the FOV, framerate, and feeling of being very short. 

I always though the characters were short too. It was the biggest change after switching. But tbh they arent short. All the doors are raised up off the ground, so it seems like your head is at the doorknob, but once you walk right up to it, you are pretty much a full adult. It also doesnt help that on tpp you are looking top down at times. Probably from 10 feet or so off the ground, so yoi can see loot on top of boxes that are 5 or 6 feet high

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 8:18 AM, DR. Intellect said:

I don't have a frame counter. I am just going on the level of headache I get after playing fpp for a while. It's much more severe than my tpp headache. :)

is it just pubg that gives you headaches?

Bc why would you play FPP? You can play in FPP in TPP if that view is what makes you comfortable. Click RB and POOF there ya go... I was a call of duty guy my whole life and a big part of PubG I liked was having to get good playing in a third person perspective...It took me months yes, but now Im good at it. Ive stated here in many posts to  the whiners who cry about peeking and 360 view..THAT IS PUBG. How about instead of crying you practice and be more aware...Know and understand how it works and how about this ..USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!!!? This topic is sooooooo played out. Heres the answer to the why you can't get a game in FPP riddle ... ITS WACK

Edited by LORD P
Spelling
  • Like 1

I don't that in TPP you can gather any free information with the camera view/peeking out of a window/door/wall without your body over it, that's cheap and not tactical realism shooters way to play it's far to casual as that's why many players want to play that mode its very much casual.

2 hours ago, hybiepoo said:

Unless you are being paid to play, gaming is casual. 

Wrong. That's a personal opinion every game has either casual or hardcore mode.

No excuses that will defend corner peeking & camera use and wanting to play TPP that's fine, but that's casual and FPP is more hardcore gotta listen for information not camera.

Ex: Halo - Team Slayer with radar is more (casual).

Halo - Team Hardcore without radar more (competitive)

That example goes hand in hand with PUBGs TPP vs FPP.

TPP: Casual

FPP: Hardcore

• RIP 1

21 minutes ago, o LooT LoRd o said:

Wrong. That's a personal opinion every game has either casual or hardcore mode.

No excuses that will defend corner peeking & camera use and wanting to play TPP that's fine, but that's casual and FPP is more hardcore gotta listen for information not camera.

Ex: Halo - Team Slayer with radar is more (casual).

Halo - Team Hardcore without radar more (competitive)

That example goes hand in hand with PUBGs TPP vs FPP.

TPP: Casual

FPP: Hardcore

I think you misunderstand what casual gaming means 

• Haha 1