Sign in to follow this  
TheCorruptDROID

Rendering & De-sync on PTS

Yeah before you say, I am posting this on the general discussion since I doubt the moderators look at the PTS feedback, but on the PTS the De-Sync and Rendering is like miramar when it came out. Is it my wifi and 5 year old Xbox or is the game just tripping?

24 minutes ago, TheCorruptDROID said:

Yeah before you say, I am posting this on the general discussion since I doubt the moderators look at the PTS feedback, but on the PTS the De-Sync and Rendering is like miramar when it came out. Is it my wifi and 5 year old Xbox or is the game just tripping?

So I have the One X and was experiencing the same issue. Definitely not your WiFi trust me, I have the powerful Xbox and a 1gbps internet speed and still get rendering issues. However, went out and bought myself and external SSD today and the game absolutely flies. Spawn in with plenty of time to throw snowballs and I never have to wait to see the buildings render!

Guest hybiepoo
1 hour ago, Flamelegend said:

So I have the One X and was experiencing the same issue. Definitely not your WiFi trust me, I have the powerful Xbox and a 1gbps internet speed and still get rendering issues. However, went out and bought myself and external SSD today and the game absolutely flies. Spawn in with plenty of time to throw snowballs and I never have to wait to see the buildings render!

Yes, the ssd makes a big difference, but you better post a video or the internet won't believe you. 

2 hours ago, TheCorruptDROID said:

Yep same on my OG XBOX - Your also using a OG Xbox I'm assuming? Maybe a external SSD will work with the rendering, I agree Vikendi loads like Miramar takes 20-30 seconds to load buildings everything's play-doh.

1 hour ago, Flamelegend said:

Do you know if your SSD works well on the original Xbox one and if it does what model SSD and size do you have?

8 hours ago, o LooT LoRd o said:

Yep same on my OG XBOX - Your also using a OG Xbox I'm assuming? Maybe a external SSD will work with the rendering, I agree Vikendi loads like Miramar takes 20-30 seconds to load buildings everything's play-doh.

Do you know if your SSD works well on the original Xbox one and if it does what model SSD and size do you have?

I would assume it would help as an SSD is always faster than a regular HD. Doing some research and both OG and X have USB 3.0 so this would make their transfer speeds identical I’d imagine. The X will always be faster because of its specs. Definitely cannot hurt to try an SSD though on the OG! If you’re not satisfied you can always return it. As far as which one I have there’s so many out there but I went with a physical external HD instead of one of those internal in an enclosure setups. People prefer Samsung as the top brand but I wanted same day shipping from Amazon so I got a Sandisk 1TB. I’m using the drive for a majority of my games so that’s why I opted for the bigger size. The drive itself is USB C with a 3.0 attachment cable included. It’s suprisingly super small and dust/water resistant so that’s cool? Lmao. Here’s the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078STRHBX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_uA8hCbRX7GKDP

I was able to play SOLO and SQUADS yesterday. SOLO's ran buttery smooth and I was Top 5 every time. SQUADS was a complete mess😵

Lots and lots of DESYNC/Hit Registration issues. There were also several instances of us Headshotting LEVEL 3 helmets and them not breaking. We decided to just screw around and have fun with snowmobiles and Dacia snow drifting. Hopefully they can get things fixed before this evening.

7 hours ago, ONE800BEATDOWN said:

I was able to play SOLO and SQUADS yesterday. SOLO's ran buttery smooth and I was Top 5 every time. SQUADS was a complete mess😵

Lots and lots of DESYNC/Hit Registration issues. There were also several instances of us Headshotting LEVEL 3 helmets and them not breaking. We decided to just screw around and have fun with snowmobiles and Dacia snow drifting. Hopefully they can get things fixed before this evening.

FPS Is 👏👏👏👏ing great, but the rendering is trash! The only place that renders in time is lumber yard and that god damn place gives me level one loot at best.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Flamelegend said:

Does the game run any smoother? Like more stable frames per second?

13 minutes ago, Cliq said:

Does the game run any smoother? Like more stable frames per second?

I mean I already played with virtually 0 lag on the One X but can't say if the SSD improves frames. I believe it improves only loading items and the game itself.

SSD does not improve frames.

SSD contains the game files.

When you load a game the Xbox copies the game code and assets into memory (ram). SSD makes this process faster.

11 minutes ago, Baal0r said:

SSD does not improve frames.

SSD contains the game files.

When you load a game the Xbox copies the game code and assets into memory (ram). SSD makes this process faster.

The night the pts came out it ran pretty smooth for me, but now it feels terrible, like 20 FPS. So I know the game can run decently well, but something happens (to the Xbox or perhaps servers) that causes the game to run like doodoo overtime. I was hoping an SSD would help with this issue.

48 minutes ago, Flamelegend said:

I mean I already played with virtually 0 lag on the One X but can't say if the SSD improves frames. I believe it improves only loading items and the game itself.

The game, particularly on the pts and especially during squads, runs terribly on my Xbox one X. I wonder if we are truly having different gaming experiences on the same hardware or are our tolerances for frames per second simply different.

6 minutes ago, Cliq said:

The night the pts came out it ran pretty smooth for me, but now it feels terrible, like 20 FPS. So I know the game can run decently well, but something happens (to the Xbox or perhaps servers) that causes the game to run like doodoo overtime. I was hoping an SSD would help with this issue.

The game, particularly on the pts and especially during squads, runs terribly on my Xbox one X. I wonder if we are truly having different gaming experiences on the same hardware or are our tolerances for frames per second simply different.

Make sure you aren't downloading and restart your Xbox from the menu or by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

The game can get choppy especially in squads; I'm very sensitive to frame rate fluctuations, I find it very difficult to maintain decent aim when the frames drop.

Most of the time it's ok though. Still a bit of an issue when many players get in the same area.

2 hours ago, Cliq said:

Describe what you mean by “runs terribly”?

On 12/23/2018 at 6:28 AM, TheCorruptDROID said:

Hi, the team read all areas of the forums so it would be a great help if you posted your topics in the correct sections.  It can very time consuming for us to have to move topics around the forums which also makes it difficult for us to collate feedback. 

General performance is low on vikendi compared to other maps and the devs are working hard on optimization to improve world loading.

Thanks!

On 12/23/2018 at 1:54 AM, Flamelegend said:

I never heard of a gig a sec but I need it, who is your ISP?

2 hours ago, Scp900 said:

I never heard of a gig a sec but I need it, who is your ISP?

Really? Pretty sure Google does it in select areas. I have Verizon FiOS!

2 hours ago, Scp900 said:

Why does everyone think wifi has to do with performance FPS wise? 

I've no idea.

Some idiots seem to think the game streams the level from the servers as you play or something.

Don't worry about the 20 gig download..

I don't expect everyone to know how computers work or games work on a technical level but certainly gamers shouldn't be so ignorant that they think their WiFi or internet speed affects level streaming off their drive..

On 12/23/2018 at 12:54 AM, Flamelegend said:

Should you really have to buy an SSD to make a game run right? I think not.

1 hour ago, Baal0r said:

I've no idea.

Some idiots seem to think the game streams the level from the servers as you play or something.

Don't worry about the 20 gig download..

I don't expect everyone to know how computers work or games work on a technical level but certainly gamers shouldn't be so ignorant that they think their WiFi or internet speed affects level streaming off their drive..

The amount of people who think that their game is literally downloading buildings when you drop in is incredibly high. Also the amount of people that think the Xbox should (or even possibly could) just load up the entire map in the pregame lobby is pretty darn high as well. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 300WinMag said:

Should you really have to buy an SSD to make a game run right? I think not.

I think so if you play more games than PUBG that you want to load faster. 

22 hours ago, Flamelegend said:

I think so if you play more games than PUBG that you want to load faster. 

It's your money if you want to spend it on what the developer should be fixing be my guest.

15 minutes ago, 300WinMag said:

It's your money if you want to spend it on what the developer should be fixing be my guest.

So when you upgrade your own computer with an SSD instead of a HD to make it 50x faster it’s up to the developer as well? Microsoft put a 5400rpm HD in the Xbox One X. I’m simply upgrading it to something that’s become the standard now. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Flamelegend said:

So when you upgrade your own computer with an SSD instead of a HD to make it 50x faster it’s up to the developer as well? Microsoft put a 5400rpm HD in the Xbox One X. I’m simply upgrading it to something that’s become the standard now. 

LOL whatever you say.

Sign in to follow this