Sign in to follow this  
luca19xx

Xbox One x graphic options feedback

hi guys im working right know so i wont Be able to test It by myself till evening..how your feeling about frame rate and the new map?!?!?!?

Edited by luca19xx
Wrong message

Super stable for me. Still hangs up the tiniest bit on the odd occasion, but that could always be the lag monster.

Looking forward to trying it on the other maps.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, shooshforkin said:

Super stable for me. Still hangs up the tiniest bit on the odd occasion, but that could always be the lag monster.

Looking forward to trying it on the other maps.

Are you playing on the x with frame rate option?

I’ve been playing with both, I can’t hardly notice the difference in frames between the options, but I do notice the drop in resolution when prioritizing frames. That said though, I still choose the frames over resolution in fear of it dropping down in a small circle fight

55 minutes ago, luca19xx said:

Are you playing on the x with frame rate option?

Indeed I am sir. Ssd and 40mb wired.

In Melbourne, Australia playing in NA so lag is always an option.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dangles said:

I’ve been playing with both, I can’t hardly notice the difference in frames between the options, but I do notice the drop in resolution when prioritizing frames. That said though, I still choose the frames over resolution in fear of it dropping down in a small circle fight

Going to test both options out with some smokes and mollys once my kids go to bed.

Lets see how that goes 😁

Same here using framerate option. Feels really smooth and I had a close range gunfight where I quickly ads and it didn’t feel like it hung like it used to and I over aim my target. 

And increasing the fov doesn’t seem to hurt performance either. Can’t wait to do fpp like this on all maps. 

does anyone know what the fps runs at on the new map with the framerate mode i know they said on twitter that they were targeting 60fps

4 minutes ago, dexter86 said:

does anyone know what the fps runs at on the new map with the framerate mode i know they said on twitter that they were targeting 60fps

Hi,we previously said that our ultimate goal is to achieve a stable 60fps, and we'll continue to optimize to achieve that goal. The graphical options that are currently on the PTS are aimed to give us a stable 30fps.  Once we are confident that we have achieved that we can then consider increasing the frame rate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

about shadows? same shit as last downgraded patches on X or better like before?

Edited by Ravellron

1 hour ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi,we previously said that our ultimate goal is to achieve a stable 60fps, and we'll continue to optimize to achieve that goal. The graphical options that are currently on the PTS are aimed to give us a stable 30fps.  Once we are confident that we have achieved that we can then consider increasing the frame rate.

thanks so i take it its running between 25-30fps maybes a 1080p resolution will help this even more 

What I'd like is the option to play in 1080p on the X. I really don't give a damn about looks (to a certain sensible extent ofc), and I don't even have a screen that would support 1440 or 2160.

To the options themselves: I really don't see any difference in frames - and that is compared to live servers. FPS drop has not been a problem for me for many months now. Except smoke screens, of course, and I haven't yet tested that on PTS, since I'm just sitting here in solo queue for 6 mins now, lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dexter86 said:

thanks so i take it its running between 25-30fps maybes a 1080p resolution will help this even more 

I noticed that I was a bit curious why the low resolution wasn’t 1080p.... maybe they have to have fairly uniform resolutions for all of us otherwise the servers get stressed... 

idk kinda makes me wanna get a 1440p monitor or something to match the native resolution now. 

I thought it was a tad smoother on frame  rate option but the graphics took a very noticeable hit. I'm sticking with Resolution mode as immersion is still important to me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, fSucee said:

What I'd like is the option to play in 1080p on the X. I really don't give a damn about looks (to a certain sensible extent ofc), and I don't even have a screen that would support 1440 or 2160.

To the options themselves: I really don't see any difference in frames - and that is compared to live servers. FPS drop has not been a problem for me for many months now. Except smoke screens, of course, and I haven't yet tested that on PTS, since I'm just sitting here in solo queue for 6 mins now, lol.

I play X1X N.A. wired connection and on the PTS is both “Framerate Priority” and “Resolution Priority” I threw 4 Molotov’s and 3 Smokes and it was still buttery smooth. It felt weird honestly but I don’t notice much of a difference as far as overal frames and resolution but both modes are better than live server.

@taymond11

Yep, I just had the chance to test the smoke. Slight drops are still there, but it is lightyears better than the stop motion we have on the live servers.

• Like 1

I did test it on specific points on vikendi

and no difference

on some points there is 1 fps drop if you just look around.

and after switching to frame mode no difference!!!!!!!!!

you should lower the graphic settings NOT THE RESOLUTION!!!!

this game is cpu bottleneck not gpu!

add lower graphic settings.

2 hours ago, Mozzarella1818 said:

I’ve found performance mode doesn’t do anything positive. Frames and dips are the same either way.

What exactly is "Performance Mode"?? I have seen it referenced by a few people on the forums here, But I cannot find any info. Nothing in patch notes or in dev posts. Can you give me a link to the info? Seriously interested in knowing more. Almost sounds like an overclocking option which I highly doubt Microsoft would allow🤔

• Confused 2

I toggled between Performance/Resolution and haven't detected any difference in performance whatsoever.

Combat felt smooth enough on Resolution mode.

And since the graphics take a hit in Performance mode, I'm sticking with Resolution mode hands down. 

Edited by Photon mkUltra
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Please don’t be late. We don’t wanna play this game at 60fps when all the players gone

4 minutes ago, Photon mkUltra said:

I toggled between Performance/Resolution and haven't detected any difference in performance whatsoever.

And since the graphics take a hit in Performance mode, I'm sticking with Resolution mode hands down. 

Yeah, pretty much this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Masta Cruz said:

I noticed that I was a bit curious why the low resolution wasn’t 1080p.... maybe they have to have fairly uniform resolutions for all of us otherwise the servers get stressed... 

idk kinda makes me wanna get a 1440p monitor or something to match the native resolution now. 

Now that i think about it i think 1440p is the right way to go for this game its a balance between 1080p and 4k it looks real nice the snow map you get a good crisp picture aswel as smooth experience like less input lag and more stable frames. Also as they stated in the patch notes this is for xbox one X owners only the OG xbox will have different options once they have a stable 30fps on the PTS more likely the xbox one will have an option for a 1080p setting i have a 4k TV but in the next month or 2 im getting a 1440p samsung monitor with all the bells and whistles lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Photon mkUltra said:

Things look like you're playing through a screen door on Performance Mode.  Not too bad, but the minor boost in fps, almost doesn't warrant it.  I'll be curious what happens  when they get the dynamic resolution up and running.

Considering they rushed this map out because of all the complaining, it makes a good first showing. 

Edited by OzPrime
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, fSucee said:

I really don't give a damn about looks (to a certain sensible extent ofc).

FPS drop has not been a problem for me for many months now. Except smoke screens, of course, and I haven't yet tested that on PTS, since I'm just sitting here in solo queue for 6 mins now, lol.

Agreed for the first point. 

The only time I've hit major drops in frames have been in smoke screens, other than that the PTS is stable, they've fixed a lot of bugs on there and it's looking good except for the sluggish rendering when parchuting in. 

Yeah honestly if you've been queuing for over a minute then you need to cancel it and requeue because there's plenty of players on. I mean there's so many I'm getting a message after every game saying 'Servers are too busy at the moment.. please retry later'. 

I think the main thing they need to focus on is optimisation and bringing the game to 60fps, this has been said a thousand times. But the way the game has been marketed it's seen as a fully fledged game. The only way this game is going to compete with the rest of the battle royale console games is if it reaches 60fps, and like you said I wouldn't mind if it didn't look too pleasing visually. 

I absolutely love this game right now, I use to play Blackout but it's frustrating when players eat your bullets. With PUBG, it's a whole different scenario, eliminations are satisfying every time, but it is a struggle when you die after looting for 20minutes, especially if you're speeding and flip your bike. You just kind of sit there and look at the screen and just laugh out of pure frustration. 

Edited by TurboTimmy

Sign in to follow this