Jump to content
x Dan Davies

Do you use Thumb grips for your Xbox controller?

Recommended Posts

Have come past a website recently where they specialise within thumb grips for your controller to help with your aim and manoeuvring.

 

Does anyone use this and do you recommend this to maximise your gaming experience?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i use rubber skull and crossbones grips, sometimes the normal pad sticks can get uncomfortable on your thumb.   A reasonable solution would possibly be to take a break every hour or so , but balls to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use longer sticks on my right analog,  used to use control freaks but now I just use an Elite.   I feel like the longer sticks has definitely given me more fine control allowing for higher sensitivity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thumb grip is terrible. Like I said before, if I'm going to use any grip it's the vertical... reduces recoil so much. Why use anything else?

 

verty.png.f183f7ed3f01f08e49315daece52ed3c.png

Edited by Charlieboy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 18
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

High rise on right stick and low rise on left stick konrtol freak inferno on right and no idea what the other one is from eb games

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NihilistWolfe said:

Nope. Never had to. Ive tried them and it makes me worse. lol

just got some KontrolFreeks yesterday actually. First reaction for me is they are too round so probably will not use them much if at all. they feel ok but reduce the space between stick and other buttons so your thumb can hit edge when reaching for other buttons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes. I have a textured one I use.

 

Didnt fit onto my Razer wildcat, so I carved the stick head down.

 

I love it. 

  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the A* brand from Walmart extender cap on my right stick until I bought the elite.

Now I run short stick left side, mid length stick right side. Long stick just feels tooooo long. Mid stick juuusstt right. 

 

I've been thinking about sending in my elite to battle beaver for stick replacement (I have play in left side and both grips have come off) with the sticks that have more resistance, had anyone tried them out? 

Edited by SleepwalkerCE
Added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 6:52 PM, Epic2JZ said:

High rise on right stick and low rise on left stick konrtol freak inferno on right and no idea what the other one is from eb games

Just bought myself a pair of infernos after reading up on this and then checking some reviews online, the high right thumb stick is very strange at first, but I do feel more control in game especially ADS, seems to be working well as im on 3 solo wins tonight.

 

Cheers OP for bringing this to my attention as I never knew about them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11 December 2018 at 6:22 PM, Charlieboy said:

Thumb grip is terrible. Like I said before, if I'm going to use any grip it's the vertical... reduces recoil so much. Why use anything else?

 

verty.png.f183f7ed3f01f08e49315daece52ed3c.png

quality content my man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 9:37 AM, DB0VIN said:

Just bought myself a pair of infernos after reading up on this and then checking some reviews online, the high right thumb stick is very strange at first, but I do feel more control in game especially ADS, seems to be working well as im on 3 solo wins tonight.

 

Cheers OP for bringing this to my attention as I never knew about them.

Feel more responsive aswell and better for micro adjustments aswell i feel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run the freaks right stick, quick shot/stop grips (great for sweaty hands and trigger stops are nice but I have to toggle when I drive), and turtle Beach chat adapter. I tried the paddle adapter but couldn't get used to them and hated the extra wire for power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 12:01 AM, Delboytrotter said:

i use rubber skull and crossbones grips, sometimes the normal pad sticks can get uncomfortable on your thumb.   A reasonable solution would possibly be to take a break every hour or so , but balls to that.

"Take a break every hour or so"'...... I read the words, but cannot comprehend.......Surely this is the suggestion of some sort of damned anti-gaming hippy? :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 5:07 PM, SimpleyFaded said:

I use longer sticks on my right analog,  used to use control freaks but now I just use an Elite.   I feel like the longer sticks has definitely given me more fine control allowing for higher sensitivity.

I'm exactly the same. Ever since using the longer right stick on the elite it's improved my aim/sensativity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 4:49 PM, SleepwalkerCE said:

I had the A* brand from Walmart extender cap on my right stick until I bought the elite.

Now I run short stick left side, mid length stick right side. Long stick just feels tooooo long. Mid stick juuusstt right. 

 

I've been thinking about sending in my elite to battle beaver for stick replacement (I have play in left side and both grips have come off) with the sticks that have more resistance, had anyone tried them out? 

got the 200% tension sticks. Love the feel. Might as well go for it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×