sunnyp_343

Reduced the loot in Sanhok too?

16 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

There have been no recent changes to loot levels, on any maps. 

Thank you for the reply! Are you able to help define "recent changes"? Has loot spawn been altered at any point, on any maps? This would answer a lot of questions for many :)

On 11/26/2018 at 11:23 PM, natznatz2 said:

not in the last month, since the release.

I feel like that too. At the beginning I looted 1-2 houses and already found every AR twice plus 400+ ammo. Maybe at release they only had a big AR and SR multiplier and now they multiplied all the loot so smgs and stuff take up AR spawns

Ya probably.because now sometimes i find 3-4 Tommy or specter in the same house.In start it was not like that and Developer said here no changes of loot in Sanhok since first day

20 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

Can we have increase loot in other maps Erangle and Miramar?Not like in Sanhok that will ruin everything.But the way it was before you reduced the loot.I want to play those old maps but cant find match because very less players playing those maps i love Miramar its the best map in all 3.

7 hours ago, NoodleyLegs said:

Thank you for the reply! Are you able to help define "recent changes"? Has loot spawn been altered at any point, on any maps? This would answer a lot of questions for many :)

Since we released the game there have been many loot spawn changes, but none have been made recently aside from the addition of the Skorpion. 

• Like 1
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

@PUBG_RoboDanjal Thank you for that. Loot seems to be a hot topic at the moment. WtfMoses mentioned loot in one of his latest videos but I can maybe understand why this is the case with ER and MM. I gather that the loot amount affects the general optimising, given that ER and MM are large maps, so it seems to make sense to tweak loot spawns to get the right balance. I'm not sure if this is the case however but it seems to make sense to me but feel free to correct me on that one.

Yes.

23 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

i dont believe you sorry.

Edited by SKYHUN
  • RIP 2

2 hours ago, SKYHUN said:

Yes.

If you're not going to believe what someone tells you then why have an account on the forum? Why bother reading the forum?

Why are you sorry?  Are you afraid of offending him because you don't believe him?  He should feel sorry for you not the other way around.

20 hours ago, talleyho said:

That's exactly how it is supposed to be. It's called RANDOM for a reason, it's not supposed to be evenly distributed.

Its not Random! Random is when every game comes to the same house, and you always find a different loot, When loot is doubled in one house=damaged loot.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

If you're not going to believe what someone tells you then why have an account on the forum? Why bother reading the forum?

Why are you sorry?  Are you afraid of offending him because you don't believe him?  He should feel sorry for you not the other way around.

Im sorry because lie is not good thing.  I know they are reduce loot in sanhok like Erangel and Miramar.  i dont believe him. 

Edited by SKYHUN
  • RIP 1

Just now, SKYHUN said:

Im sorry because lie is not good thing.  I know they are reduce loot in sanhok and i dont believe him.

You're sorry because a lie is not a good thing.  That makes no sense.

"I know they are reduce loot in sanhok and i dont believe him."  Do you have proof to backup your claims?

4 minutes ago, Coko said:

Its not Random! Random is when every game comes to the same house, and you always find a different loot, When loot is doubled in one house=damaged loot.

That's still random...

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

You're sorry because a lie is not a good thing.  That makes no sense.

"I know they are reduce loot in sanhok and i dont believe him."  Do you have proof to backup your claims?

Yes, I play Sanhok since beginning just like Erangel and Miramar. My proof is my experience.

Just now, SKYHUN said:

Yes, I play Sanhok since beginning just like Erangel and Miramar. My proof is my experience.

That's not proof. 

You have a feeling and your feelings are subjective.

• Like 1

Just now, Booch said:

That's not proof. 

You have a feeling and your feelings are subjective.

I dont care your thinks.

• Haha 1
  • RIP 1

1 minute ago, SKYHUN said:

I dont care your thinks.

And I yours sir.  And I yours...

1 hour ago, SKYHUN said:

Im sorry because lie is not good thing.  I know they are reduce loot in sanhok like Erangel and Miramar.  i dont believe him. 

Well this guy has a point they did reduce the loot in Erangle and miramar without telling us and this made lot of players left the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coko said:

Random (adjective): made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision

It is the definition of random. Not sure why you can't fathom that simple concept.

• RIP 2

clearly the amount of loot did not change, which means the loot spawn system is broken. if people spent more time trying to figure out what is going on with the loot spawn system, the problem will be resolved faster. this whole increase the loot solution needs to stop cause when the spawn system is broken increasing the loot will make it more sporadic. we will go from find 3 level 2 helmets in one building to finding 5 level 2 helmets in one building!

rev0verdrive was nice enough to post a lot of videos on this thread explaining how the loot spawn system works. he posted multiple videos in this thread I suggest you watch them all.

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/291058-i-am-sure-the-loot-spawn-system-is-broken-and-rivals-are-making-suggestions-for-the-game-to-make-things-worse/?tab=comments#comment-1050868

It's clear from rev's video that the unreal engine's loot spawn points determines what will be spawned. you increase the chance of certain loot spawning but adding the item multiple times to the list of loot that can spawn on that spawn point. The question becomes is pubg tying all these spawn points together in order to prevent the same loot from spawning on the spawn point near by? maybe there's a feature in the unreal engine to prevent this from happening.

https://youtu.be/7Hbg4F2KNbk?t=243

Noticed that loot getting embedded in the floor is becoming a much more pervasive issue in the game. I used to see it occasionally but now I see it all the time in games.

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/290943-low-loot-root-cause-loot-is-spawning-under-the-floor-and-not-accessible/

the above can be resolved either by raising the spawn points higher or raising the origin point of the various thin items in the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/a0yesq/the_delay_why/

something I've noticed, if you look at the above video you see that some loot spawn points are grouped together. the loot on the right side of the screen clearly all spawned together. This imo is probably a big part of why the same loot spawns together. are all the same loot that's spawned together, part of the same loot spawn group? also it's clear that these spawn groups are spawning at different times. had this player ran into the warehouse right away he would have probably ran past loot that had not spawn yet.

regarding the same loot being spawned multiple times together, I believe what's happening is that multiple threads are being executed and each thread is running the same random generation code in parallel and each thread is coming up with the same result. or a group of spawn points are accessing the same memory location or table entry to determine what to spawn, but the code is not ensuring that each process is given exclusive access.

another thing I believe all these problems is related to the addition of many rare items. initially kar98 and the level 3 helmet were the only rare items in the game, now we have so many more rare items. I bet their code to handle the spawning of rare items has a huge flaw. I bet previously when they determined that each map would spawn 10 kar 98. with the addition of the m24, they may have decided to change the spawn rate to 5 for kar98 and 5 for the m24. You would think this would logically still lead to the spawning of 10 sniper rifles on the map, but I bet the way the rare spawn code handles things, this is far from what is happening.

if a spawn point determines that it would spawn a rare item but if that particular item had reached it's max spawn count for the map, what does the code do? logically it should spawn something else. but what if that something else is another rare item that reached it's max spawn count. obviously the code should keep going down the list of spawnable items, but I would be shocked if their code does this in a graceful way. I bet the code just does not spawn anything at all after it determined the loot it's trying to spawn had reach its max count for the map. this would explain why some buildings are empty.

Edited by todaytomorrow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheGreatFailure said:

why have facts when you can have feelings

Because that's just how the world is trending these days. Facts mean nothing... it's all about how something makes someone feel in determining how something should be handled.

6 hours ago, SKYHUN said:

Why are you on a forum if you actually get a response to your question from a Developer and you just call him a liar.  And then other people voice their opinion and you say that you don't care about their opinion.  Sounds like you got it all figured out.  No questions needed.  Just blindly demand changes regardless of how anyone feels.  That should work!!

• RIP 1

I wouldn’t not know  -  as I can’t get into a game for more then a 30 min wait time from Australia. Since server region was removed.

but tell me more about the loot reduction in this map, being so small you need to get a weapon ASAP so it would be fists for now Huh?

Loot has been reduced from what it was when the map was released.

Have not noticed any reduction in spawns since the few changes at the beginning. I've yet to go to any of my normal drop sites and not come out with enough gear to move to the next area.

Have a theory that most complaints are that they are not finding specific items that they want. The loot when the map was released was massive. People could get fully decked out in a very short time. That changed quickly and people still expect to be able to do that.

Edited by Avohei

Not sure they changed the amount of loot, but when sanhok was in testing you couldn't go into multiple houses in a compound and find no weapons, only attachments.  there was a vector in every second house and an AR in the others.

My main grip with Sanhok is that in one 6 building compound, 3 of them can have zero weapons, and the other 3 have 2 ARs in each , multiple armour and meds ..  so rather than one guy having a vest and a pistol and the other having an AR with 30 rounds  and no vest … one guy is fully kitted for end game after 1 or 2 houses and the other has nothing after 3 … 

16 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

Since we released the game there have been many loot spawn changes, but none have been made recently aside from the addition of the Skorpion. 

16 hours ago, SKYHUN said:

Yes.

@SKYHUN Pubg_RoboDanjal mentioned above that the loot spawns have been changed many times since release, but none recently. It sort of answers the spawn question to some degree. From what I can gather it seems that the word recently would mean in the last few patches - doesn't mean to say though that the loot spawns were not changed.

Putting 2 + 2 together (this response and also our experience) that loot HAS been changed for what ever reason. My assumption is to try to optimise the maps - maybe to help load times and general fps. I'm not sure for certain, but this would make sense to me