MrBigglesworth

Confirmation Report has been Reviewed

Mainly aimed at Devs/Forum Mods who can pass this feedback on....

I think most of us kinda dont expect much to come from submitting a cheat report - and felt it entered a disparate black hole never to be heard of again.

It was encouraging to hear lately from posters that they were being informed of successful action (banning) from their reports.

This seemed to sync with Fix PUBG - though we hope report reviewing is still ongoing even if that has concluded.

Cut a long story short - can we get some kind off notification that our reports have been reviewed - even if not successful.

Should be fairly straight forward to implement. Reporters already get notification if their reports leads to a ban - it should be easy enough to trigger another canned notification if your report was not accepted. Simpy tick box flag for reviewer.

Would go a long way to feeling like the Report system actually works.

Unless of course...no-one is reviewing them....

• Like 1

Side note - does someone know the latest if macro's users have action taken against them?

And dont want to get down the rabbit hole of macros - for/against - and challenges spotting. Blah blah.

Just are they considered by PUBG as cheating? (In the past I think the answer was no?)

Just wondering if any point submitting a speculative (and it is always speculative by definition - again dont want to go down that rabbit hole) submissions if they dont get counted anyway?

It was my understanding that macros were always considered a cheat, just that they took their time getting an anti macro thingamajig in place.

• Like 1

I agree, would be nice to see if my report was reviewed and rejected or if it is just in a queue somewhere.

As far as macro users are concerned, as far as I know, it was just blocked. So if you have a macro (even if onboard in mouse memory) the game would just throw an error. No recoil was always considered cheating, however detecting this stuff is rather tricky. Games like Rust only started detecting no recoil macros on mouses at the start of this year.

Interesting thing — there are plenty of people that didn't even realize they were using a macro. For example, the "Bloody" series mice. There are users that thought you need to download and install their software to use the macro. Turns out that you do not need to do that at all and it works out of the box just by plugging in the mouse.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:36 PM, HellDuke said:

I agree, would be nice to see if my report was reviewed and rejected or if it is just in a queue somewhere.

As far as macro users are concerned, as far as I know, it was just blocked. So if you have a macro (even if onboard in mouse memory) the game would just throw an error. No recoil was always considered cheating, however detecting this stuff is rather tricky. Games like Rust only started detecting no recoil macros on mouses at the start of this year.

Interesting thing — there are plenty of people that didn't even realize they were using a macro. For example, the "Bloody" series mice. There are users that thought you need to download and install their software to use the macro. Turns out that you do not need to do that at all and it works out of the box just by plugging in the mouse.

If you don't hear anything after 3-5 days, then they have reviewed it and found insufficient evidence.

When I report, I get feed back pretty quick typically. Sometimes by the time I am out of the next game. Maybe that is because many have reported that same match or that person over the last few hours/days. Don't know, but typically I hear back within a day or 2.

• Like 1

I don't think it is necessary. Honestly I have been known to toss in a report or two on the occasion because I felt the person was fishy but wasn't sure. Yet I added my report in case others reported the player too and hopefully someone with better skill in ascertaining whether it was a hack or not can determine if I was correct to report or not. As for 99% of my reports. I normally hear back the same day, within a game or two even when it was a blatant hacker.

7 hours ago, won slow truck said:

I think false accusations should be punishable as well.

I don't see why they should. There's no harm to the reportee in a false report.

If I suspect something from the death cam, I click "report". I usually *don't* look at the whole replay and watch the suspicious player through the whole game to confirm or rebuke my hunch. My time is way too valuable to me to do that. Indeed, *everbody's* time is too valuable for that, hence PUBG has to *pay* people to do that and can't rely on volunteers. Weeding out cheaters increases the quality of their product and is in their own best interest. I'll happily contribute to that *on my own terms*, but I'll certainly not do PUBGs work for free and QA my own reports lest I get reprimanded. I'm doing *them* (and, yes, the player community) a service by reporting, I shouldn't risk getting punished (i.e. unable to use the game I paid for) for that.

If they are overwhelmed by reports most of which are wrong, well then there's ways to deal with that - hire more people, only investigate when players receive above a certain threshold of reports, stuff like that.

Edited by LittleLui

On 11/25/2018 at 2:57 PM, MrBigglesworth said:

Mainly aimed at Devs/Forum Mods who can pass this feedback on....

I think most of us kinda dont expect much to come from submitting a cheat report - and felt it entered a disparate black hole never to be heard of again.

It was encouraging to hear lately from posters that they were being informed of successful action (banning) from their reports.

This seemed to sync with Fix PUBG - though we hope report reviewing is still ongoing even if that has concluded.

Cut a long story short - can we get some kind off notification that our reports have been reviewed - even if not successful.

Should be fairly straight forward to implement. Reporters already get notification if their reports leads to a ban - it should be easy enough to trigger another canned notification if your report was not accepted. Simpy tick box flag for reviewer.

Would go a long way to feeling like the Report system actually works.

Unless of course...no-one is reviewing them....

All reports are reviewed, I just want to make this clear.  I understand your want for notifications regarding unsuccessful reports, but this is not something we're looking at implementing, or something which is standard within gaming.

I just got an email back from pubg.  So report all you want, you'll be fine if you are wrong.

From pubg:

Hello Survivor,

Thanks for taking your time to share your concern with PUBG support team.

I understand that you want us to take action against a player who reported you in the game and posted the video of that incident on YouTube. We at player support too play the game and can understand your feelings on being reported unnecessarily. However, it's worth mentioning that, we do cross check all the reports that we receive and without a clear evidence, we will not take any actions against our players. Hence, you don't need to worry about this report. As we have given the option to report suspected players, we will not be able to take actions against players for reporting player who are not cheaters. But, you can report abuse to YouTube against this video.

We're always available here to assist our players. Please let us know if you have any other feedback, questions or comments. I'll be happy to assist you in any way I can.

Thank you for being part of PUBG family and have a great day.

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

2 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

All reports are reviewed, I just want to make this clear.  I understand your want for notifications regarding unsuccessful reports, but this is not something we're looking at implementing, or something which is standard within gaming.

You might want to consider notification on unsuccessful reports... if ppl have to click through umpteen notifications before starting a match they might reconsider hitting report just 'cos they're a little salty.

9 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

Thanks - appreciate the response.

12 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

Surely there is some kind of system that tracks reviewed reports and then you "mark" them as completed with 1 or more options a couple of which initiate the prompt we see.

1. Acknowledge they need further investigation which prompts the first message we get.
  2. You straight up ban them because it is so obvious and so many people reported them, which prompts the other notification we get.
  3. You saw nothing to warrant any further action - which could be set to then prompt us with such notification that it was reviewed and no action was taken.

Also, what is up with masking the player name? This makes no sense, we reported them so why do you hide the last few characters of their name from us as if it is some kind of PII (Personally Identification Information) violation? I am sure most have done what I do and write their name down or post it in a text file with the date and then wait to hear back anyway.

Edited by LuckImpaired

11 hours ago, LuckImpaired said:

Surely there is some kind of system that tracks reviewed reports and then you "mark" them as completed with 1 or more options a couple of which initiate the prompt we see.

1. Acknowledge they need further investigation which prompts the first message we get.
  2. You straight up ban them because it is so obvious and so many people reported them, which prompts the other notification we get.
  3. You saw nothing to warrant any further action - which could be set to then prompt us with such notification that it was reviewed and no action was taken.

Also, what is up with masking the player name? This makes no sense, we reported them so why do you hide the last few characters of their name from us as if it is some kind of PII (Personally Identification Information) violation? I am sure most have done what I do and write their name down or post it in a text file with the date and then wait to hear back anyway.

This is not something we're looking at implementing, but I appreciate the feedback.