mamulator

what do squad colors signify?

Just a colour differential. Sometimes it'll change; sometimes it doesn't. That's what I've noticed, at least. Half the time I'm blue then some games everyone will switch colours. Not a great system when you play several games with the same squad and your colour keeps changing. 

• Like 1

Not so sure its random, because I've also noticed the person with the yellow color is also usually whose name is displayed when playing teams in custom or warmode, wondering if the yellow person is highest rated (although it doesn't always work out that way, it seems to a majority of the time)or maybe has been playing the longest or something?

Could be! That was just my best guess; I just noticed in squads it changes pretty often for me; and I play with the same group of people normally. Not sure if ranking influences it or not, but that would be pretty sweet if it did. I don't pay attention to my colour in duos because, well, I don't really need to, lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, x1337LEE1337x said:

I'm usually yellow, kinda throws me off a little when the odd time it changes me to a different colour. 

Same here, would like to know how its determined..

49 minutes ago, jakedrums520 said:

I thought it had to do with the order everyone joined.

Yes, i am pretty sure it is based on who connects to the game first.  My friends playing on One X's almost always load in before me so i am usually whatever the bottom colour is (can't remember).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vibranthippo said:

Yes, i am pretty sure it is based on who connects to the game first.  My friends playing on One X's almost always load in before me so i am usually whatever the bottom colour is (can't remember).

I'm always #1 and yellow, even though my duo partner loads into the game earlier due to his SSD. The game also seems to disregard who connected to whom when creating the game group - yet at random times I do get #2 and orange (and also totally confused).

• Like 1

I always thought it meant who had the best connection. because I'm yellow over 90% of the time. when I jump into a squad with my friends who were doing duos or 3 man sqaud they always comment on how my other buddy is always yellow until I get in. I do have a higher ranking than him. and I know my internet is faster than his. but I've also played with many people with a higher ranking than me and I was still yellow. so it lead me to believe it's connection based. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 2:26 PM, mamulator said:

Why are certain people's color in squad always yellow? Is it based on anything specific?

Party leader

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mamulator said:

How is party leader determined? It's not who starts the party...

Example. If your in control of changing the maps playlist, you'll be yellow. At least that's always been my experience. And if for some reason I get disconnected during a game and lose control the person who then has it will be yellow next game. So that seems to be the case. 

Edited by MANGUN88
Edit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MANGUN88 said:

Example. If your in control of changing the maps playlist, you'll be yellow. At least that's always been my experience. And if for some reason I get disconnected during a game and lose control the person who then has it will be yellow next game. So that seems to be the case. 

No, I'm yellow 99% of the time, and Im rarely in control of changing the maps playlist. There is something else going on, would like the devs to comment if they see this. Just curious. Not a big deal. Thanks for commenting though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mamulator said:

No, I'm yellow 99% of the time, and Im rarely in control of changing the maps playlist. There is something else going on, would like the devs to comment if they see this. Just curious. Not a big deal. Thanks for commenting though.

Then I'm stumped too lol

• Haha 1

Some interesting theories in here. I haven’t really thought about it until now. I find that my color is usually yellow as well.

It would be nice if a dev was able to comment on whether or not it’s completely random, or based off connection, party leader, rank, or some other factor.

• Like 2

I messaged a moderator, and they mentioned that the colors are essentially based on who enters the game first.

It is definitely the order who joins the game (not lobby first).

I was always yellow (Xbox One X, SSD) but when my brother also got an SSD for his X, its 50/50 my brother is yellow (and me red) or the other way.

One of my mates has only an original xbox with no ssd and he is always 3 or 4.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 2:32 PM, Nayte said:

I messaged a moderator, and they mentioned that the colors are essentially based on who enters the game first.

I'm always the last one to join, because I get off work after my friends, I'm yellow a huge majority of the time. could you tag the moderator and ask him to comment? I can show as many clips as you like showing this is the case.

3 hours ago, mamulator said:

I'm always the last one to join, because I get off work after my friends, I'm yellow a huge majority of the time. could you tag the moderator and ask him to comment? I can show as many clips as you like showing this is the case.

Mikles nailed it above you there.

Its who enters the game after the lobby first, which dictates who is yellow and so on.

• Like 1

On PC, it's set by the order you join the squad so the leader is always yellow. Hopefully they roll that out to you guys soon; we used to have it like you do and my team would sometimes get confused by which marker was whose since it was always shifting every match.