PUBG_Andymh5

November 15 Hotfix Feedback Topic

1 hour ago, NickJsy said:

When playing duo (TPP EU) my partner and I were swimming across river on Sanhok near northern bridge and on each other’s screen it appeared we were doing some form of back stroke when we were both in full front crawl on our screens. 

Weird bug not game game breaking but a bug nonetheless 

Had this on the previous patch, actually may have recorded it too !!

13 hours ago, NLanter95 said:

Are you kidding me? No fpp duo? That is literally almost all i play on this game. So much for just making it to top 500. Guess ill play something else. 

Hey I know how you feel. I play Tpp only and when event mode is Fpp I don't play. There has to has to be enough players for both.

Maybe they are trying to fix it I hope. Still one of the best games out there, even with all the bugs.

• Like 1

By far the best update so far. 4 dinners yesterday, multiple games of 4+ kills that felt really smooth.  Only place i really still noticed FPS drop is when smoke is nearby.  I spent about 5 minutes in training after last update to fool around with my movement and it was fine, this update didn't change anything for me which i am fine with.

• Like 1

Die at top 2 most games, ghost hits register but don’t hurt them see a huge blood spray but doing no damage.... happens on me as well rarely though and magnetic shots hit me when I’m behind cover, might as well run zig zag straight at them.........

• Confused 2

Major hitching issues. Do you guys take pride in your work? At this point it feels like you’re trying to kill PUBG for good.

Me and my two mates were all playing on a One X with SSDs. Every few minutes or so the game would freeze entirely like the game stops receiving input from the controller. 

If you fix this problem then the game will be pretty good! 

12 minutes ago, BOOMheadshot said:

Major hitching issues. Do you guys take pride in your work? At this point it feels like you’re trying to kill PUBG for good.

Me and my two mates were all playing on a One X with SSDs. Every few minutes or so the game would freeze entirely like the game stops receiving input from the controller. 

If you fix this problem then the game will be pretty good! 

Hi, sorry to hear your are having this issue.  Would it possible for you to capture a video on when this happens and tag me in the post?  Thanks

6 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hey, if this happens again would you be able to get a video recording of it?  Thanks!

Will do but fairly easy to replicate I’d guess. Just swim really close. Side by side. 

• Thanks 1

Stats haven't been recording since hotfix was implemented, game play is decent but still has some little issues, lots of lag and for the first time on my x it's actually been giving me the network lag detection and black screened a few times since hotfix which it hadn't done in a long time for me, keep up the good work and hopefully you get the stats thing fixed soon, cheers

Why the hell is there a 15x scope in this event??? What kind of fuckery is that??? Other than that, this event is the best one so far. Just give everyone the same shotgun so it’s more of an even playing field!

Ok, current feels for new update....I feel like the desync is a touch better, but has gotten weirder. The teleporting players has been reduced and the game feels smooth as far as typical play goes. However, I would like to point out that the enemy players sometimes feel like they have "speed hacks" whenever they are really close. I didn't record it as I was broadcasting at the time, but I had a gentlemen enter my building while I was right next to the door way and while his character remained in animation and was actually moving in a fashion that could be seen, he seemed to magically move 200% faster than normal until he was inside the building, got around my right side, and shot me in the back.....Im strongly inclined to say it was a type of desync, but at least now I can actually see him doing everything instead of straight up disappearing and reappearing in other areas.

Next, we have suffered a huge drop in frame rate. I have had an occasional issue once or twice in frame rate drops before, but this is absolutely the worst I have ever experienced!!!! This is the worst I have "EVER" experienced since PUBG started and if you can see the terrible FPS in this, multiply that 20 and you can feel the amount of frustration I was facing trying to loot this guy.....Seriously, I swear to the heavens I was at 4 FPS or so. Add to that, I didn't know my vest was broken and lost the ability to hold extra stuff and yeah, I was screaming bloody murder before the zone took me.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/63836022

FIX THE FRAME RATE!!!

Other than all of that, things seem to be going along ok, and hope to see the next patch soon.

• Haha 1

While I understand the decision to consolidate the playlists due to lower populations, I’m still bummed NA FPP duos is gone. It was my go to game mode.

Here’s to hoping there’re some better algorithms found to quicken the search que, so that we may see that glorious playlist return.

Not sure what everyone  else is seeing but I'm having major frame drops on nearly every engagement.  I'm on XBox OG using external SSD and 300+ mbps download and 22+ upload speeds.  D-Sync does seem better but I'd rather have the D-Sync back than deal with the frame drops every time I try to shoot at someone.  It reminds me a lot of what the game looked like when it first started on XBox, when we couldn't hit anyone.  I thought it might be due to CPU issues so I've gone back to 780p and turned off every option I could think of that might free up some CPU utilization, but it doesn't seemed to have helped much.

Is this only an issue on OG?  Is anyone seeing this on XBox X?  I'm getting one soon, so maybe I'll just play something else until I get it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shocked Prism said:

Not sure what everyone  else is seeing but I'm having major frame drops on nearly every engagement.  I'm on XBox OG using external SSD and 300+ mbps download and 22+ upload speeds.  D-Sync does seem better but I'd rather have the D-Sync back than deal with the frame drops every time I try to shoot at someone.  It reminds me a lot of what the game looked like when it first started on XBox, when we couldn't hit anyone.  I thought it might be due to CPU issues so I've gone back to 780p and turned off every option I could think of that might free up some CPU utilization, but it doesn't seemed to have helped much.

Is this only an issue on OG?  Is anyone seeing this on XBox X?  I'm getting one soon, so maybe I'll just play something else until I get it.

Sadly you cannot change the game through the graphics on the dashboard. The game runs the same super strict graphic settings that the developer forces us to use. However as for the system itself, the APU is plenty powerful enough to push the 1080p graphics as well as the gameplay, the only weak spot is with memory storage, and if you have the game only on the SSD and its set up as the main storage unit, your golden.....The problem is in the code. I highly feel like its trying to load too much information at once, and due to the overflow, the frames tank...And undoubtedly during smokes to boot.
Ontop of that, it seems that a lot of the things they transferred over from PC has way too much detail involved. I can't count the times I freak out over a butterfly or seagull flying by on sanhock, then I think to myself. Why the hell is this in the game? What true purpose does these things have in such a problematic game already? Its just another thing for the CPU to have to load, animate, and add to use already limited resources.

Sadly, I feel like the graphics should be dumbed down....a bit. Next, all the unnecessary graphical clutter can go bye bye. Last but not least, a different set of "first serve, everything else has to wait" code line need to be written in place in order to help fight FPS drops. Also a few extra code lines need to be dropped in in order to help during "stress periods" If an enemy is nearby, no extra loading of anything further than 100km. So say if your in that final circle, 7 people left within 30m, everything within 150-200m keeps adjusting, fine tuning, making the graphics golden. But everything beyond 50m, well its already loaded in, but then again there is no need to make those graphics better.....no wind effects, rain effects, fires.....maybe explosions, still like to have subtle clues here and there, and of course this is not a perfect system if your driving a car at a high rate of speed.
So in the end, its complicated as fuck, but in the end, I just think they may have had higher than xbox capable ambitions, or they just did a bad job porting over from PC and left a bunch of extras that we don't need in.

As for me, xbox OG, SSD, and only had issues with smokes.

Thanks Wizard03.  Your reply got me thinking, so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to make sure that it was entirely on my SSD.  I also thought about what you said about the game having to render all that different stuff, so I took all unnecessary items off of my character customization.  I had been wearing the rose colored glasses and the ballistic mask.  After these changes everything seems to be working much, much better!

Edited by Shocked Prism
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wizardO3 said:

Ok, current feels for new update....I feel like the desync is a touch better, but has gotten weirder. The teleporting players has been reduced and the game feels smooth as far as typical play goes. However, I would like to point out that the enemy players sometimes feel like they have "speed hacks" whenever they are really close. I didn't record it as I was broadcasting at the time, but I had a gentlemen enter my building while I was right next to the door way and while his character remained in animation and was actually moving in a fashion that could be seen, he seemed to magically move 200% faster than normal until he was inside the building, got around my right side, and shot me in the back.....Im strongly inclined to say it was a type of desync, but at least now I can actually see him doing everything instead of straight up disappearing and reappearing in other areas.

Next, we have suffered a huge drop in frame rate. I have had an occasional issue once or twice in frame rate drops before, but this is absolutely the worst I have ever experienced!!!! This is the worst I have "EVER" experienced since PUBG started and if you can see the terrible FPS in this, multiply that 20 and you can feel the amount of frustration I was facing trying to loot this guy.....Seriously, I swear to the heavens I was at 4 FPS or so. Add to that, I didn't know my vest was broken and lost the ability to hold extra stuff and yeah, I was screaming bloody murder before the zone took me.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/63836022

FIX THE FRAME RATE!!!

Other than all of that, things seem to be going along ok, and hope to see the next patch soon.

Yeah when I’m a gunfight in squads my frames drop like crazy!Also the game does a random stutter every once in a while where everything freezes for about a second and then you’re 5 ft ahead of where you were.Audio is bad too I hear stuff at 90 and it’s really at 200.Another thing,on my X My game loads up on the plane and the map isn’t there it’s just water.Then sections show up in giant squares.Sometimes I’m driving and there’s nothing in front of me so I have to stop and wait 2 seconds while it pops up

Great hotfix.I expected for you to break other stuff that worked fine and I was not disappointed 

Edited by PrayedMink27485
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Shocked Prism said:

Thanks Wizard03.  Your reply got me thinking, so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it to make sure that it was entirely on my SSD.  I also thought about what you said about the game having to render all that different stuff, so I took all unnecessary items off of my character customization.  I had been wearing the rose colored glasses and the ballistic mask.  After these changes everything seems to be working much, much better!

Yeah, I had it on both my SSD and console back in the day, kept having junk loading times. Decided to delete it from my console and poof, started working right. Apparently even though I told the xbox my SSD was where I wanted to be in charge of everything, it kept playing the game from the console HD.....weird, but figured it out.

This “fix” has completely f’d this game up. People now float across the floor at double speed halfway dow and shoot through boxes. Float through doors without opening them. Buildings and weapons take forever to load on landing. Complete unplayable garbage!!!

This last update is horrible!! Love landing in a building that take 5 seconds to load and forever for guns to appear

• Like 1

So far...

• Massive frame rate drops when in or near smoke.
  • Massive random frame rate drops when just travelling across map, with nothing noticeable going on to cause the issue.
  • Movement is a lot better with the new deadzone update.
  • Not had any noticeable problems with getting shot behind over or desync.
  • Overall sensitivity seems slower compares to previous update, the x15 scope was usable on sensitivity 20, but now it feels like i'm moving through treacle.

The biggest gripe I & my squad have is with Erangel, the loot is absolutely terrible on there, when Miramar was released originally the amount of loot was low on there, but that was changed, and for a long while Erangel has been piss poor, it's got to the point where my squad mates wanted to leave the lobby if it was Erangel in the hope Miramar popped up.

@PUBG_Andymh5 do the team plan on fixing the loot on Erangel ? do they even see this as an issue ? or if not changing the map selection the same as it's done on PC so we can pick an individual map to play ? the way it is now i'd rather queue for 5 minutes to land on Miramar than get queue for a minute and risk ending up on Erangel.

so for me

pros-

• player movement feels better.
  • player movement has been smoothed out making sniping possible. less people running about like a stop start animation. actually surprised.

cons-

• hits are registering but sometimes I feel like im getting the hit but there not receiving damage until after a few seconds. its better though.
  • one game it was very slow to realise I had headshot someone with a awm. after 5 seconds later after him firing at me it says he dies of a headshot, which makes me believe in some cqc situations some shots are taking a little while longer to register which is what some of the complaints are about. hitting the enemy but they do not receive damage and by that point they are dead.
  • some players move normally others are still way out of sync and im not sure if its server switching so you cant know until after the ping lock update. but some players appear to speed up slow down, shoot through cover- there's and yours, and sometimes just a hot lagging mess. again its not every player just a when you add it all together it becomes a mess.
  • smokes are horrible for frame rate.
  • Miramar rendering is still terrible.
  • ump is op.
  • game still suffers in squads when there's a lot going on.
  • erangels loot is terrible for duos and squads. if you intend it to be a solo experience then take it out the roster.
  • the lung indicator is missing on some scopes and iron sight weapons.

Haven't had an instance of desync since the latest hotfix. THANK YOU!. This was making the game unplayable and had to be the number 1 priority in my mind. 

With that being said, you've brought back the framerate issues from the early access days. It seems to be happening when other players are in your vicinity (around 150 meters). This framerate drop happens dependably enough that I've begun using it as a radar of sorts. If I notice my FPS tanking, I start looking for the player(s) causing it, and it seems to be a very reliable source of info. This takes away from the suspense of the game in addition to the normal frustrations associated with 2-10 FPS. This has to be the next priority. If you'd like a compilation of video evidence, I could compile it over the next week or so, but I assumed everyone is having this same problem, so you should have enough data on this matter. Also, this FPS issue when players are near makes the current Event Mode unplayable. <10 FPS the entire Event Mode match. 

Also, I'll second this below. I'm no dev by any means, but this has to be using resources that we can't afford right now. Nobody is playing this game for the butterflies. Possibly some graphics options as in the PC version to be able to turn the unnecessary garbage off?

On 11/17/2018 at 4:09 PM, wizardO3 said:

Ontop of that, it seems that a lot of the things they transferred over from PC has way too much detail involved. I can't count the times I freak out over a butterfly or seagull flying by on sanhock, then I think to myself. Why the hell is this in the game? What true purpose does these things have in such a problematic game already? Its just another thing for the CPU to have to load, animate, and add to use already limited resources

Lastly, the sound of the plane on Sanhok is very broken. Put this on the bottom of the list, but it definitely needs to be addressed.

XBOX One OG, wired

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SasoriSekinetsu said:

So far...

• Massive frame rate drops when in or near smoke.
  • Massive random frame rate drops when just travelling across map, with nothing noticeable going on to cause the issue.
  • Movement is a lot better with the new deadzone update.
  • Not had any noticeable problems with getting shot behind over or desync.
  • Overall sensitivity seems slower compares to previous update, the x15 scope was usable on sensitivity 20, but now it feels like i'm moving through treacle.

The biggest gripe I & my squad have is with Erangel, the loot is absolutely terrible on there, when Miramar was released originally the amount of loot was low on there, but that was changed, and for a long while Erangel has been piss poor, it's got to the point where my squad mates wanted to leave the lobby if it was Erangel in the hope Miramar popped up.

@PUBG_Andymh5 do the team plan on fixing the loot on Erangel ? do they even see this as an issue ? or if not changing the map selection the same as it's done on PC so we can pick an individual map to play ? the way it is now i'd rather queue for 5 minutes to land on Miramar than get queue for a minute and risk ending up on Erangel.

Hi, We are currently monitoring player feedback and suggestions in regards to the loot on Erangel and Miramar.

• Thanks 3

Desync is still very bad. I have a clip the other night behind a tree. I kept thinking I was being shot by someone else behind me too it was so bad. Not fair at all