Sign in to follow this  
stwc

AS/KR : All Sanhok, All The Time (Something's Broken)

From Korea, since Patch #22, it is almost impossible to get a game (FPP, Solo) from Korea on anything but Sanhok. Quickjoin, on average, will give me Sanhok 15 to 20 times (and I exit out) before an Erangel or Miramar round. I can connect to a Sanhok round in less than 10 seconds, reliably.

Before the most recent hotfix (the third, I think, since Patch #22) if I selected either of the maps, I literally could not get a (FPP, Solo) game on Miramar (10 - 15 minutes wait before inevitably giving up), and Erangel would take 3-8 minutes wait.

Since the most recent hotfix, I can sometimes get a game on Erangel within 2-4 minutes, but not dependably. Miramar takes 4 to 8 minutes, often more, but I generally give up before getting in.

All of this compares to pre-Patch #22, when it would rarely take me more than 30 seconds, and often less than 10, to get an FPP Solo game with the combined Battle Royale (Erangel/Miramar) button.

This is worse than sub-optimal, it's execrable. Something is clearly broken, unless the argument is that in the last few weeks 10-20 times fewer players in Korea (or at least in proximity to KR/AS servers) are trying to play the larger maps in Solo/FPP. Which obviously isn't the case. Certainly the preference in the region is for TPP, and arguably for Sanhok, but this radical and sudden change in wait times can't be chalked up to that alone.

Please, folks, fix this. I am too old to be waiting this long.

10minutes.jpg

Edited by stwc
typo

I think it might be more than the AS/KR region you are in.

I'm in NA (west coast). I can't tell you exactly when this started because sometimes I cannot play PUBG for days or even a week because of other things going on BUT

on Friday 10/19/2018 with Miramar selected it would take about 8-12 min average. However as of Sunday 10/21/2018 around 5 - 5:30pm pst I gave up after waiting for 31min.

Yesterday I got two matches within a few min. after which I waited 30 min. then gave up and had to select 'quick join' to play a match. About 75% were sanhok and

about 25% were erangel (just an estimate)

YEP. OC as well. Been saying it for so long. Some think it is not enough players etc etc but it seriously is something wrong with the game. If it is player count, then so be it. But this current player count is probably the result of neglect from this games PC devs sad to say.

Yikes. In EU quickjoin you get ~25% Miramar games and the rest is split between Erangel and Sanhok with Erangel being in a slight lead.