Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skullaxe

OCE Matchmaking Broken

1 minute ago, Skullaxe said:

OK. So I have a theory on what is happening with OCE matchmaking.

I may be very wrong, but I am trying to maybe at least think about it because it is very obvious the developers are not.

Our NA friends are of the firm belief that it is a player-base issue and not a matchmaking issue. This stands to reason only in so far as you would presume the matchmaking logic is the same for all regions.

If this is the case, the NA community is not having an issue because they have such vast numbers of players that the broken matchmaking mechanics are made up for by those numbers simply being thrown together.

Lets assume they are right and that we have too small a player base for their current system to work. If the matchmaking logic is trying to sort players into skill matched games, then there are not enough players to fill those lobbies and we have our issue.

The fix is simple. 

Change the match making logic for OCE to simply fill lobbies on a first come first serve basis. I for one would be happy to go up against El_Gran_Orgo, Hybrid Gt and the other quality players and get my ass kicked until I "git gud" rather than having to tolerate this crap. If the problem persisted after that, then guess what, the OCE game is dead and we all move on to other games.

You'd think they'd read this (probably will) and change the logic to that. This is a super easy fix to change the matchmaking logic. Just fill lobbies. If there ARE insufficient players at off peak times, then yes, start up with lower number lobbies. Not at peak hours ffs.

Also that's not my GT lol. Xbox is Kentrolla.

LOL

well I had my morning coffee and with that have seemingly recovered from my 'Temporary' condition.

I will not re post the original data I supplied, for fear of further offending someone, However I think is is safe for me to post the findings of my analysis

It is now COMMON KNOWLEDGE that the OC/Asia Server has a matchmaking bug

@Haxsaw Too bad the majority of people saw your evidence.

So deleting it just makes the situation seem even worse now.

Edit: Furthermore I don't really see the point of a bug report page if the details of the bug(s) are being removed by mods/devs. Seems a bit pointless having a page to report bugs.

If it was purely data and no abuse in the post, why was it removed? They must not want the numbers exposed? 

Yeah. It was pretty damning in my opinion. I don't get why they can't say one of the following three things.

Hey Bluehole, I will make this easy for you..... Highlight one of the following in red for me. We know you like editing and deleting posts, so have a go at this one.

1. There is no problem. The game is functioning as intended and the OCE community is too small. We are sorry bu there you have it.

2. There is a problem, but we don't have the skills or desire to bother fixing it.

3. We acknowledge there is a problem and are GENUINELY working to fix it. Please post more screenshots of the proof and we pinky swear promise not to delete it without explanation.

1 minute ago, Skullaxe said:

Yeah. It was pretty damning in my opinion. I don't get why they can't say one of the following three things.

Hey Bluehole, I will make this easy for you..... Highlight one of the following in red for me. We know you like editing and deleting posts, so have a go at this one.

1. There is no problem. The game is functioning as intended and the OCE community is too small. We are sorry bu there you have it.

2. There is a problem, but we don't have the skills or desire to bother fixing it.

3. We acknowledge there is a problem and are GENUINELY working to fix it. Please post more screenshots of the proof and we pinky swear promise not to delete it without explanation.

I'd call BS on low pop, because after multiple nights of testing I've seen that lobbies are starting simultaneously (partially filled). This is after anywhere from 10 to 30 second queue times. So clearly it isn't a playerbase issue. This is factoring in that a lot are playing on NA as well.

Anyway good luck with the ping lock. There's so many ways to still get on NA anyway even with the ping lock lol ?

Is anyone having much luck with solo and duo? I'm getting sick of having to do 2 man squads. While we get the occasional dinner, most of the time it's just frustrating trying to take on any half decent 4 man. 

Well shit a brick.

OCE / EU FPP Matchmaking

We have seen many of our OCE players and EU FPP players reporting long matchmaking times, and we thank you for your patience while we investigated this issue.

This issue is caused by a couple of different reasons: 

• Low concurrent population of players in the region
  • Too many queues for the amount of players in the region

Combined, this results in longer matchmaking times as well as players moving to other servers to be able to play with faster matchmaking. As players move to other servers, the matchmaking pool for the region decreases, exacerbating the issue further.

A solution to this is a new way of matchmaking, where the server/region is decided automatically depending on the player’s local region. If you group with a player from another region, matchmaking will automatically decide the best region to play on. This will not only aid in bringing back OCE / EU players to their respective servers, but also allow players to have better ping, play with other low ping players, and decrease overall matchmaking times. 

The team is currently working to implement this new matchmaking system to the game, targeting mid to late November. We’ll have more details to share as we get closer to being able to roll this out for our players. 

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, and thank you for your patience!

We hope everyone is able to jump into the new event this weekend to give us your thoughts! Please let us know what you’d like to see more updates on from the dev team! 

I'm not sure why server queues are not dynamically created. It sounds like they have a set amount per region. Or maybe it's a minimum per region. Why not just divide the number of online players by 75 or so (or some other tweaked number) and dynamically spawn queues as required? 

Edit: it's possible that this is not possible with xbox live backend. Not sure how that all works. 

21 minutes ago, hybiepoo said:

I'm not sure why server queues are not dynamically created. It sounds like they have a set amount per region. Or maybe it's a minimum per region. Why not just divide the number of online players by 75 or so (or some other tweaked number) and dynamically spawn queues as required? 

Edit: it's possible that this is not possible with xbox live backend. Not sure how that all works. 

Honestly, I am just happy they finally acknowledged the problem.

Now we wait.....

download.jpg.bc9075246d26c0b842dc5bf1495b39df.jpg

So does matchmaking just not work at all now for OC/AS ? I played a solo game earlier but could only get NA servers, I couldn’t even choose OC or EU. Now it just had a full mental breakdown and would start matchmaking for 3 seconds then crack it and cancel out all together..