Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skullaxe

OCE Matchmaking Broken

Saw plenty of posts on this on PC. Didn't ever seem to get resolved.

Issue still remains on Xbox.

Can queue even in peak time and not get a match for 20+ minutes.,

Back out after 45 seconds, and re-queue. Quite often get a match but only with 30 - 40 people.

This has been ongoing and ignored since well before release.

Another example last night. We queued a 2-man squad (because we couldn't get a duo) with all maps selected. Waited almost 5 mins, cancelled, switched to mini royale and re-queued within seconds. Got in a lobby within 10 seconds with 80+ people in it. Tell me this lobby was not available while we were previously queued. 

@ThaTongan @Black Dahlia NZ

Problem has been happening since Thursday 11 days ago.

Matchmaking has been pooling people into multiple partially filled lobbies. Some games are starting with 30+ people.

Solo is pretty much non existant. 

Can we please have a developer/moderator acknowledge that they are aware of the issue and it is being worked on? This silence isn’t filling  the Oceanic community with confidence. I’m aware we have a much smaller player base relative to NA/EU, but there is definitely enough people playing that finding a game shouldn’t be an issue. 

Searched MR squad nothing for 2 minutes, people left then I research found a game 1 minute then when join the game, it was always 25 seconds left counting with 30 players 

Solo hits nothing while friends hit  solo lobbies of 25 ppl. 

Sqauds match with team mates then nothing, and can't leave team or re ready up if cancelled. 

Cancel search and join duos, then game matches in solo. 

The fekken menu doesn't know what it's doin. The logic can't fill a bucket. 

Now the damage is done. 

If you piss of OCE players, we don't give many chances. 

I believe it's a firm matter of both, 

LESS active players   and

BROKEN matchmaking. 

BROKEN because me and 5 friends can all search solo OCE and have 1 hit Sanhok with 70, 1 hit Miramar with 30, and the other 4 friends hit NOTHING. 

NOTHING. with a combo of 30 sec pump cancels and indefinite searching. 

Change the fn MATCHMAKING LOGIC. 

fill up a single map server before opening another. 

Piss off any MMR you have in OCE because if top 2% players aren't enough to start a server every 3 mins, don't block them from matching with plebs. 

Pissed off players + broken logic + bugged menu. 

And that event mode rubbish just chooses whatever region it feels like. - yeah nah it's working fine... 

Change the logic. 

Acknowledge the issue. 

I know it will never happen, but it would be cool to have a counter of logged in players showing for a region when you select it in game. 

Then we would know for sure how our region was travelling. 

4 hours ago, hybiepoo said:

I know it will never happen, but it would be cool to have a counter of logged in players showing for a region when you select it in game. 

Then we would know for sure how our region was travelling. 

100% this. I have a sneaky feeling they don't want to advertise how much the player base has declined for fear of other jumping off aswell.

2 hours ago, Freo_Joe said:

100% this. I have a sneaky feeling they don't want to advertise how much the player base has declined for fear of other jumping off aswell.

That's the whole reason there's a "Top __%" instead of a number instead. The exact same thing happened on PC when numbers started to fall. Still easy to work it out. Last I checked we had roughly 20K~. It was 50K or so 2 months ago. 

This is a joke.

Future unknown event pass queries in the GENERAL section gets a response. MAJOR game breaking server bug for Asia and Oceania goes ignored in the bug report section for 3 days. What the fuck....

One would think that even at a fundamental level as small as OCE may be on it's own, it now encompasses ASIA!!!

For the love of all that is holy, why the hell are you not acknowledging issues that pertain to such a massive potential audience.

Surely you can;t all be sitting back so fat full of cash that the potential revenue is that insignificant?

Evidence posted by @Haxsaw

Information is clearly visible to anyone.

PUBG tech support, devs, server squad collective, captain planet... whoever:

#AcknowledgeOCE
#FixOurShit

2 hours ago, Skullaxe said:

Haha. Because it was solid evidence of the problem and they can't have that. 

Wow. I don't even know what to say now.

They've resorted to removing proof? Lol

"Please provide details in bug reports". Proceeds to then quietly delete details and make it seem like the bug was just a hallucination.

Just now, HybridGT said:

Wow. I don't even know what to say now.

They've resorted to removing proof? Lol

"Please provide details in bug reports". Proceeds to then quietly delete details and make it seem like the bug was just a hallucination.

If ever there was a reason to give up on the game completely, this is it. They obviously have viewed the thread, and then taken action to remove the proof they ask for in a bug report.

They then proceed to continue to refuse to acknowledge the problem.

They seem to the subscribe to the same thought patterns as very young children. If they can't see it, it does not exist. Absolutely reprehensible behavior for a company making millions of dollars.

13 hours ago, hybiepoo said:

What did they remove? 

The poster posted a screen shot of a ten hour period of his gameplay that listed how many people were being thrown into games. 

There were numbers from memory as low as 28 people.

1 minute ago, Skullaxe said:

If ever there was a reason to give up on the game completely, this is it. They obviously have viewed the thread, and then taken action to remove the proof they ask for in a bug report.

They then proceed to continue to refuse to acknowledge the problem.

They seem to the subscribe to the same thought patterns as very young children. If they can't see it, it does not exist. Absolutely reprehensible behavior for a company making millions of dollars.

Agreed. Fuck this whole mess.

I'd leave right now if it wasn't for the fact there's no other interesting multiplayer game out. Definitely done with this crap in 3 weeks.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

oH NO....IT MUST BE ME....

now I must have gone 'Temporarily Insane'

ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa

I think I may just give up now, my brain....well it just hurts...

OK. So I have a theory on what is happening with OCE matchmaking.

I may be very wrong, but I am trying to maybe at least think about it because it is very obvious the developers are not.

Our NA friends are of the firm belief that it is a player-base issue and not a matchmaking issue. This stands to reason only in so far as you would presume the matchmaking logic is the same for all regions.

If this is the case, the NA community is not having an issue because they have such vast numbers of players that the broken matchmaking mechanics are made up for by those numbers simply being thrown together.

Lets assume they are right and that we have too small a player base for their current system to work. If the matchmaking logic is trying to sort players into skill matched games, then there are not enough players to fill those lobbies and we have our issue.

The fix is simple. 

Change the match making logic for OCE to simply fill lobbies on a first come first serve basis. I for one would be happy to go up against El_Gran_Orgo, Hybrid Gt and the other quality players and get my ass kicked until I "git gud" rather than having to tolerate this crap. If the problem persisted after that, then guess what, the OCE game is dead and we all move on to other games.

3 minutes ago, Haxsaw said:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

oH NO....IT MUST BE ME....

now I must have gone 'Temporarily Insane'

ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa

I think I may just give up now, my brain....well it just hurts...

Thanks for putting the time in to provide proof regardless. We all saw it, and then witnessed it being deleted.

If these guys were thieves, they'd steal a TV, then when the cops came over to check, they'd proceed to throw a blanket over it and say "nope, wasn't me?".