Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XxD34DLYxS1NSxX

Best muzzle attachment?

For everything except SR/DMR (which I prefer to use a silencer) I prefer to use a compensator so that my sprays can be as on target as possible.

17 hours ago, ThaTongan said:

For everything except SR/DMR (which I prefer to use a silencer) I prefer to use a compensator so that my sprays can be as on target as possible.

Makes sense. Why would you need a comp on a single fire weapon when you can snipe and not be heard.

Is there a place to find these stats, officially published by PUBG? I find it irritating that I can’t find out information like this when I have questions regarding weapon and attachment stats? 

On 9/21/2018 at 5:30 PM, XxD34DLYxS1NSxX said:
On 9/20/2018 at 11:45 PM, ThaTongan said:

Makes sense. Why would you need a comp on a single fire weapon when you can snipe and not be heard.

My thoughts exactly!

Honestly though if I have a comp on an AR and come across a silencer, 9 time out of 10 I'll pick up the silencer just because it looks/sounds cooler haha

13 hours ago, Raw Republic said:

Is there a place to find these stats, officially published by PUBG? I find it irritating that I can’t find out information like this when I have questions regarding weapon and attachment stats? 

Sorry, nothing official has been released that I'm aware of. 

Rarely get the luxury to effectively switch between the 2 very often(comps/silencers) but when I have the extra space I try my best to use them each where needed.

Ideally I'll have my long range weapon suppressed and my CQC weapon comped.

But in cases where you have both attachments for the same weapon type here's my choices in certain situations:

OTM in a heavily populated region=Suppressor(decreases chance you'll get pinched by multiple enemies or squads but this should be on a case by case basis)

OTM with no enemies identified=Comp(They're their, If you spot them first and they are unsuspecting switch back to Supressor)

Any engagement of unsuspecting enemies at a distance=Suppressor(pretty obvious)

Enemy has spotted you or any close quarter situation=Comp(also pretty obvious)

Excluding the AK, You always put a compensator on that beast.

Best to Worst

1. Compensator (Best Recoil control)

2. Flash Hider (Hides Flash and give Recoil Control)

3. Suppressor (Only suppresses and No Recoil Control)

That's my opinion and from what I read a lot of "good player" opinions.

But to be honest it all depends on what your trying to do and the situation. That said, Its all up to you and what you think is best.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:33 PM, Raw Republic said:

It's all personal preference, the way you play and how you set up your load out is what makes some attachments good for you you and not others. In general when using an AR for close combat you would want all the recoil control you can get out of the load out. Using an AR for medium to long rang you might want to go with more recoil recovery and recoil reset after shooting a shot and weapon support. 

9 minutes ago, TahoeBeast said:

Best to Worst

1. Compensator (Best Recoil control)

3. Suppressor (Only suppresses and No Recoil Control)

That's my opinion and from what I read a lot of "good player" opinions.

But to be honest it all depends on what your trying to do and the situation. That said, Its all up to you and what you think is best.

Supressors have an affect on bullet deviation and eliminate flash, flash hiders don't fully eliminate the flash.

2 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Supressors have an affect on bullet deviation and eliminate flash, flash hiders don't fully eliminate the flash.

I have heard people say that before but everytime I use a flash hider and my buddy does you cant see flash at all. And I have never seen the proof about the suppressor effecting the bullet.

Anyone else think the comp doesn't do jack squat on a QBZ? I feel like that AR is horrible... They say it was to replace the SCAR-L and is better then it but I cant STAND that damn thing. IMO the AK is soooooo much easier to use then that damn QBZ. It's a P.O.S

2 hours ago, Takarii said:

That's news to me on the suppressor part, nice to know that.

2 minutes ago, TahoeBeast said:

Anyone else think the comp doesn't do jack squat on a QBZ? I feel like that AR is horrible... They say it was to replace the SCAR-L and is better then it but I cant STAND that damn thing. IMO the AK is soooooo much easier to use then that damn QBZ. It's a P.O.S

You running grips on that thing? That gun is one of those weapons that really need a grip to get stability on, put the comp on that thing and you can full auto people from pretty far out rather efficiently in my experience.

3 hours ago, TahoeBeast said:

Is that true, it controls recoil too?

I didn't know that.

3 hours ago, Takarii said:

Supressors have an affect on bullet deviation

Does that mean the bullets don't necessarily go where the gun is pointing?

58 minutes ago, Lonerager said:

That's news to me on the suppressor part, nice to know that.

You running grips on that thing? That gun is one of those weapons that really need a grip to get stability on, put the comp on that thing and you can full auto people from pretty far out rather efficiently in my experience.

I am, I'm running it fully kitted and I still would rather use the AK with no attachments lol. And that suppressor stuff is all BS there is no proof to back it up.

5 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

Is that true, it controls recoil too?

I didn't know that.

It does. Read the item description next time you find one.

15 minutes ago, TahoeBeast said:

It does. Read the item description next time you find one.

It even says that in the description!? ?

I've read the grips several times but never thought to read the muzzle attachments.

8 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

Does that mean the bullets don't necessarily go where the gun is pointing?

No, the suppressor reduces bullet deviation stat by -5%, which makes the bullet spread an bit more accurate, but it's only applied during hip fire & 3rd person aiming, when ADS the main inherent weapon stats are applied.

9 hours ago, SasoriSekinetsu said:

No, the suppressor reduces bullet deviation stat by -5%, which makes the bullet spread an bit more accurate, but it's only applied during hip fire & 3rd person aiming, when ADS the main inherent weapon stats are applied.

That makes a ton more sense then from what was said before. I was going to say I have seen no proof or notice of it helping while in ADS.