Jump to content
PUBG_Hawkinz

Event Mode: Public Beta - Flare Gun

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone,

 

Today we’re announcing something a little different for this week’s event mode. We’ve been gathering your feedback on the Flare Gun over the course of a few events and we’re finally ready to give it a proper test in a real environment to see if it fits within the normal PUBG atmosphere and make sure everything works properly.

 

This event mode will mimic normal squad games, except that there will be a rare chance for the Flare Gun to spawn alongside normal loot. The goal here is to basically beta test the Flare Gun as normal PUBG loot with the intention to add it as a rare drop to normal games once the test concludes. As always, your feedback is essential to this process, so be sure to post your feedback below and let us know your thoughts.

 

You can also check out our video below to learn more about this test.

 

 

EVENT SCHEDULE

STARTS: Sep 20, 7pm PDT / Sep 21, 4am CEST / Sep 21, 11am KST
ENDS: Sep 30, 7pm PDT / Oct 1, 4am CEST / Oct 1, 11am KST

 

AVAILABLE QUEUES

  • 4-man squads on Erangel (All Regions)
  • NA/EU/AS: TPP & FPP
  • KR/JP/SEA/OC/SA: TPP

 

RULES

  • Squads of four players will fight on Erangel
  • Flare Guns will spawn randomly all over the map, but are very rare.
  • A plane will drop a special care package if the flare is fired inside the safe zone.
  • A plane will drop a special vehicle if the flare is fired outside the safe zone.
  • An icon on the map will show all players the location where a special care package has dropped.

 

OTHER EVENT RULES

  • 4-person squads only. Auto-matching is switchable to On/Off
  • Weather is set to Sunny
  • Red zones are enabled
  • General care packages are enabled
  • Killer Spectating is enabled
  • Friendly fire is enabled

 

KNOWN ISSUES

  • Players can use throwables while riding in an armored UAZ
  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

            How mid game changes by

          Introducing a new supply drop

 

During mid game there would be 1  Supply drop plane Red coloured carrying regular supply loots plus a flare gun ammo with it. Now what happens is.. take an example 

Team A lands on military base gets the flare gun and 1 ammo of it. They would shoot the flare gun at the start and use those special loots to get an upper hand from the start of the game. Team B however on the other hand lands on pochinki dosent get the flare gun but has descent loots with. As the mid game approaches theres this red coloured plane which passes by and drops a crate (crate itself looks regular) which has this normal loot plus a flare gun ammo ( not the gun) If team manages to take the ammo and team A finds that the loot is been talen by other team... both the teams are now aware as team A carries flare gun and team B carries flare gun ammo. Both teams now play match very carefully after the mid game as none of them want to die to eachother. 

What if teams having no flare gun take the loot and gets the flare gun ammo? Well now this team will be on an advantage and will be carefull + aggressive to hunting down team carrying the flare gun with them. 

(Note that there will be many teams like team A carrying flare gun with them) 

But what if team A carring the flare gun having awesome loots gets to take this flare gun ammos? 

Dont worry as this wont happen as each and every palyer on the map will get to see the red plane crossing by knowing for sure it would carry flare gun ammo with it. Which would make lot of team to go camping as to kill the team carrying flare gun with them. 

What if all the teams carrying Flare gun dosent come to care package?  

Well in that case team who manages to get the flare gun ammo from redplane  supply drop will be in search of killing the team carrying flaregun as those team will be having special loots to make them reach in later game.

So the point is I would like to see a new strategy which would come out from the midgame to late game which sure would bring up some pro plays plus more fun to the game.

(Also dont worry not all the players will come to the drop location as coz only the teams who gets to see the redplane will get attracted to it.. and one who dosent sees will not.. coz the once the drop gets thrown from fhe plane it would look regular in colour.. so only the teams seeing the redplane drooping the loot would know it contains flaregun ammo with amd the others dont)

 

And if yall are impressed by my idea amd if yall willing to add this thing in beta update or so.. pls call thos drop as the RED DROP!!!!! (music plays thaaann thaan thaaaaaaannnnm!!!) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i'm for this update but for me maximum flare guns should be 3 on the game, otherwise everyone has drop weapons. And it will more tension as the flare is launched :)

Have a nice day

  • Like 3
  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get your point

But it is very well clear that.. not all flareguns on the maps are taken up by players. Also not all the players having flaregun survives. And not everytime people get to use flare gun for loot instead they get bullterproof vehicle as they are out of the zone. As everone knows high loot areas are far from center of fhe map.. thus till finding any flare fun blue line starts to cross over them.. thus they need a vehicle immedialtely as they have to cover a grear distance. And there are some people with diff straregies who likes to call bulletproof car instead of gun loots as it makes their travelling more safer and strong which helps them to take better locations for camping as the end game progressess whitout any of thier member being killed to death while in the car.

Also whats more imp call for special gun loots or bullet proff vehicle while crossing bridge full of pro campers? 

 

U dont worry about the flare gun loot taken up my lots of people as it wont happen..... Coz I myself when climning from platinum to diamond tier and most of the time my squad being placed on 2nd position with a good no. of kills like on an average 25 or so.. dont get to see special items from the players which we kill and loot them... also during the end of the game you dont even get chance of looting all the players that u kill.. coz if you do.. u r exposing your position right away and you wont want that to happen. 

So this new idea which I was talking about will just change mid  to late game strategies as in having more of skills plays and less of loots plays. 

Also if I get a flaregun straight with an ammo at the start of the match. I wpuld use it than and throw my flare gun away as i dont want other people (having redplane flaregun ammo) to get my gun by killing me....

Also thanks for your reply and have a Great eveing ahead my friend!

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, prans21V said:

I get your point

But it is very well clear that.. not all flareguns on the maps are taken up by players. Also not all the players having flaregun survives. And not everytime people get to use flare gun for loot instead they get bullterproof vehicle as they are out of the zone. As everone knows high loot areas are far from center of fhe map.. thus till finding any flare fun blue line starts to cross over them.. thus they need a vehicle immedialtely as they have to cover a grear distance. And there are some people with diff straregies who likes to call bulletproof car instead of gun loots as it makes their travelling more safer and strong which helps them to take better locations for camping as the end game progressess whitout any of thier member being killed to death while in the car.

Also whats more imp call for special gun loots or bullet proff vehicle while crossing bridge full of pro campers? 

 

U dont worry about the flare gun loot taken up my lots of people as it wont happen..... Coz I myself when climning from platinum to diamond tier and most of the time my squad being placed on 2nd position with a good no. of kills like on an average 25 or so.. dont get to see special items from the players which we kill and loot them... also during the end of the game you dont even get chance of looting all the players that u kill.. coz if you do.. u r exposing your position right away and you wont want that to happen. 

So this new idea which I was talking about will just change mid  to late game strategies as in having more of skills plays and less of loots plays. 

Also if I get a flaregun straight with an ammo at the start of the match. I wpuld use it than and throw my flare gun away as i dont want other people (having redplane flaregun ammo) to get my gun by killing me....

Also thanks for your reply and have a Great eveing ahead my friend!

 

I disagree,  too many will ruin PUBG expreience for me, like it was on events. It was fun as a WTF game but not for real game. Flare Gun has to be a exceptionnal thing, otherwise the game looses its fun.

Of course that's my point of view, i like to argument with people don't hesitate to disscus with me ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will crates still be limited with every new circle?

Will they still work if 2 are shot simultaniously?

Will the rate of normal airdrops change?

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

 

This will be on the live servers.

Would love this in normal games . Good job

Hope the crate will drop enought gear for a 4 man squad.

Edited by levisW
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2018 at 4:05 AM, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

Flare Guns will spawn randomly all over the map, but are very rare.

 

The trailer is a straight up lie. The droprate is as common as in the last event. I found 3 guns in 4 matches. This is what you intend for the regular game?

Every minute somebody is shooting one, most people wasting it before the airdrops are available.

Basically 1:1 the same flare gun event from last time, only changed 8 to 4 man squad...

 

The next big point: We have to wait until the 2nd savezone appears and even then we have to be the lucky one who is inside it and fires it first.

Limit the guns, not the airdrops?!

 

Even normal airdrops seem increased. At least I am constantly finding plenty of them right next to special drops.

 

What's the point having everyone in full T3? There should be 1-2 flareguns fired every match for airdrops.

 

Also I don't know why anyone would waste the flaregun for a slightly better vehicle. The coming up alternative gives at least some hope.

 

 

 

The way I would like it for normal game:

 

Reduce the spawn rate drastically.

Remove the timer/ limitation for airdrops. Should be immediatly available in any savezone.

 

Seperate the ammunition.

Red flares for drops and more common blue flares for vehicles.

 

Change regular airdrop behaviour, so it can't drop right next to a special one.

 

It would feel  more rewarding if they would be much harder to find, now everyone is shooting them like it is new years eve :/

 

Also it would be awesome if we find another loot pool / weapon and armor skins in special airdrops to further distinguish them from regular drops.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

suggestion:

- remove the uaz flaregun drops and spawn the uaz rare over the map outside of the first zone randomly only 5 cars or 10 cars

- spawn 5 or 10 flareguns all over the map randomly, only if the flaregun is shot inside the zone, it will drop a special care package or just drop a normal crate as it is currently, maybe force the flare gun to be shot only inside of the circle so it can not shot outside and wasted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, fail0r said:

suggestion:

- remove the uaz flaregun drops and spawn the uaz rare over the map outside of the first zone randomly only 5 cars or 10 cars

- spawn 5 or 10 flareguns all over the map randomly, only if the flaregun is shot inside the zone, it will drop a special care package or just drop a normal crate as it is currently, maybe force the flare gun to be shot only inside of the circle so it can not shot outside and wasted

i forgot one thing:

- remove the normal plane crate drops so the planes can only be called if a flaregun is shot inside the zone

- randomly drop a special care package or a normal crate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally after playing a few games today my feedback on the the Flare gun is thus;

  • Too many flares are available on the map.
    • We played one game and flare guns were being shot off every minute and the audio from the planes over head was a lot. We also came up against a Team of 4 with all T3 gear and 3 Gillies and our team as unlucky to not find a flare but one create and we stood no chance against a team with that sort of gear.
  • Flare ammo in Crates
    • Flare ammo should be removed from the game. If you want to keep the flare a rare and very sort after thing, keeping it too a single use will give a much higher incentive to 1. Be more aware of where you are popping the flare and 2. Higher incentive to push and contest the flare that has been popped.
  • Armoured UAZ
    • The armoured UAZ is neither here nor there, I feel like any player would be more inclined to use all their meds/stims to get back into the safe zone as the benefit of the weapons and the armour is much more beneficial to the squad than just a UAZ.

 

These are my personal feelings on the beta so far. Looking forward to more iterations on this feature for sure!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More crates = the better for this game mode.. I would increase the number of crates allowed per circle. This is actually one of the best event modes.

Edited by audert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, audert said:

More crates = the better for this game mode.. I would increase the number of crates allowed per circle. This is actually one of the best event modes.

Strongly disagree :) . Yes it is fun but as an event, for crate in the normal games, if there is too much, there no more point to risk it, since everybody has "it's own". No risks involved in going to it. I understand it's fun to have drop weapons, but it should not be "the norm", otherwise it's not fun anymore :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BobsleighBishop said:

Personally after playing a few games today my feedback on the the Flare gun is thus;

  • Too many flares are available on the map.
    • We played one game and flare guns were being shot off every minute and the audio from the planes over head was a lot. We also came up against a Team of 4 with all T3 gear and 3 Gillies and our team as unlucky to not find a flare but one create and we stood no chance against a team with that sort of gear.
  • Flare ammo in Crates
    • Flare ammo should be removed from the game. If you want to keep the flare a rare and very sort after thing, keeping it too a single use will give a much higher incentive to 1. Be more aware of where you are popping the flare and 2. Higher incentive to push and contest the flare that has been popped.
  • Armoured UAZ
    • The armoured UAZ is neither here nor there, I feel like any player would be more inclined to use all their meds/stims to get back into the safe zone as the benefit of the weapons and the armour is much more beneficial to the squad than just a UAZ.

 

These are my personal feelings on the beta so far. Looking forward to more iterations on this feature for sure!!

I agree with nearly everything, 1 or 2 UAZ could be fun, but then with another flare color :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flare guns are fun thing, but it shouldn't be added in the 8x8 map, in smaller maps it would work better, not the big ones.

 

UAZ is not as good as its represented(hard to see where to drive). if you could add KPV 14,5mm machine gun with  100 bullets in front of the second seat(can shoot without peaking out), that could change thing or two..and would add some nice chasing element ;)

mac-distribution-macd72078-uaz-469-with-

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found more videos : 

I think that would be so cool to have one in the game, if your team is chasing other team, they better pull over before their vehicle explodes ?

 

Weapon could be attached in front of the second seat. (Car would look like 

steel_rain_uaz.0 (2).jpg

g_4_5.jpg

g_4_9.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, audert said:

More crates = the better for this game mode.. I would increase the number of crates allowed per circle. This is actually one of the best event modes.

I think you might be confused with the feedback PUBG are looking for here, they are looking for feedback about possibly putting the flare gun in the normal PUBG games outside of the event mode.

 

9 hours ago, DemonsInTheSky said:

Flare guns are fun thing, but it shouldn't be added in the 8x8 map, in smaller maps it would work better, not the big ones.

 

UAZ is not as good as its represented(hard to see where to drive). if you could add KPV 14,5mm machine gun with  100 bullets in front of the second seat(can shoot without peaking out), that could change thing or two..and would add some nice chasing element ;)

mac-distribution-macd72078-uaz-469-with-

 

As for people talking about changing the flare gun outside of the circle to have it drop an armoured and weaponized vehicle outside of the circle the balancing of the UAZ needs to be tested alot as if it is too overpowered people will actively run into the blue just to pop the flare gun which will 9/10 be uncontested and the team will be rewarded with an OP vehicle. If they was to do this, the gunner would need to be very exposed making them too easy of a target like the picture shown above. Also, you need to think about the use case for a sole player? Personally I don't see a realistic use case for a solo player.

If they keep the armoured UAZ they might want to think about increased the armour value of the vehicle, we drove through a well geared team today and they managed to get the UAZ HP Very low... even though we was well protected which is good.

Edited by BobsleighBishop
edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with what has been said. I really like the flare gun, but it's not rare at all. Out of 10 matches I myself found the flare gun 5 times. and my squad got it every match. Also there was probably between 4-8 flares being fired every match. That is not rare at all.

In my opinion it's suppose to be like a really rare item that when you find it you get really excited. Even when another team finds it you should be thinking like: holy shit they got a flare gun.

Now more people run arond with full lvl 3 gear than people with lvl 2 gear. Also it kinda makes the normal crates not that special anymore. They should still be the top looted crate with the flare gun being fired like once or max twice every match. If even that. If sometimes no one finds the flare gun I would be ok with that too. I don't know the perfect number of flare guns per match being spawned but now it's way too many.

 

Sometimes our team didn't even get a care package because there were already planes in the sky. that should NEVER happen.

Edited by Willitz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WE NEED WAYYYY LESS FLARES, IT SHOULD BE EXTREMELY, SUPER DUPER RARE TO FIND ONE. THAT STUFF IS GAME-CHANGING.

 

1 flare shot max per game, in total. SPORADICALLY TWO. That's it.

Edited by TonySoprano
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×