jakedrums520

Xbox One X Shutting Off

22 minutes ago, Dangles said:

Had a hard time thinking that before as well, but haven’t had a crash now for 3 or so days now. Used to happen every time I played, but I’m just saying if you have a fan aim it at the air intake, hasn’t crashed since I did that.

you guys want me to record that as well, the start of 2 games with the fan on, then turn it off for 2 games? I’m betting it’ll crash once I turn it off. Hell I’ll record it with the fan off first to show that it’s hot, then have it on the 2nd two games

Not exactly practical is it though? Are we all supposed to go out and buy a fan just because Bluehole don't test their hot fixes?

As Jedediah said, this was never a problem before the hot fix and now it is a problem. The responsibility for this fix lies solely with Bluehole. Not like 99% of their other patches / hot fixes haven't been full of bugs and badly developed. This is just another example of that.

Edited by Aspecto

1 minute ago, Aspecto said:

Not exactly practical is it though? Are we all supposed to go out and buy a fan just because Bluehole don't test their hot fixes?

As Jedediah said, this was never a problem before the hot fix and now it is a problem. The responsibility for this fix with this lies solely with Bluehole. Not like 99% of their other patches / hot fixes haven't been full of bugs and badly developed. This is just another example of that.

If my machine is in fact overheating, it makes me wonder if this is permanently damaging my $500 xbox one X. If my xbox (which is properly ventilated) is damaged based on their poor Quality Control, is PUBG corp going to buy me a new one? 

Edited by Jedediah
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Aspecto said:

As Jedediah said, this was never a problem before the hot fix and now it is a problem. The responsibility for this fix lies solely with Bluehole. Not like 99% of their other patches / hot fixes haven't been full of bugs and badly developed. This is just another example of that.

That is what amazon is for lol didn’t even leave my house. And if you don’t want your Xbox to overheat in the meantime until it’s fixed yeah I’d buy a fan, only paid $20. Better than perm damage to the console

3 minutes ago, Dangles said:

That is what amazon is for lol didn’t even leave my house. And if you don’t want your Xbox to overheat in the meantime until it’s fixed yeah I’d buy a fan, only paid $20. Better than perm damage to the console

The xbox shuts itself off to protect against overheating. If anything, you are potentially damaging it even more because you are allowing it to run when it should be shutting itself off.

1 hour ago, jakedrums520 said:

The xbox shuts itself off to protect against overheating. If anything, you are potentially damaging it even more because you are allowing it to run when it should be shutting itself off.

Uhhhhhh what lol. It’s not like I’m bypassing a preventative measure in the system. Do you understand what a fan does? If the system heats up it will still shut down if it reaches the criteria... I’ll try and say it in a way easier to understand. The fan, pushes colder air in, cooling the inside just enough, while making the air flow better, so it doesn’t have time to heat more parts up, inside the console.

Still don’t get it? Bear with me on this then.

If your house is hot af (console), you turn on the A/C (consoles built in cooling unit). Still too hot in a certain room? Point a fan at it (fan I bought) from the hallway where it’s cooler, like I do at my house. Is it hot in that room now? No... Turn off that fan and the temperature in the room will heat up, like whatever part of the console does and eventually get too hot and shut down.

I know I’m not doing any damage to the console by doing this. If you don’t understand that I’m not damaging it or bypassing anything by doing this, then I’m sorry. I tried.

idk why the text got bigger, on my phone and no option to make it normal.

Edited by Dangles

41 minutes ago, Dangles said:

Uhhhhhh what lol. It’s not like I’m bypassing a preventative measure in the system. Do you understand what a fan does? If the system heats up it will still shut down if it reaches the criteria... I’ll try and say it in a way easier to understand. The fan, pushes colder air in, cooling the inside just enough, while making the air flow better, so it doesn’t have time to heat more parts up, inside the console.

Still don’t get it? Bear with me on this then.

If your house is hot af (console), you turn on the A/C (consoles built in cooling unit). Still too hot in a certain room? Point a fan at it (fan I bought) from the hallway where it’s cooler, like I do at my house. Is it hot in that room now? No... Turn off that fan and the temperature in the room will heat up, like whatever part of the console does and eventually get too hot and shut down.

I know I’m not doing any damage to the console by doing this. If you don’t understand that I’m not damaging it or bypassing anything by doing this, then I’m sorry. I tried.

idk why the text got bigger, on my phone and no option to make it normal.

I'm an aerospace engineer, I know how heat transfer works. I am suggesting that perhaps your little fan is cooling the thermocouple that determines the heat of your Xbox (and thus when to shut down), but is subsequently allowing other components of your Xbox to remain heated without your Xbox being able to know. Thus, it is unable to shut down to protect the components that are still experiencing tremendous heat despite your fan.

Edited by jakedrums520
spelling
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, jakedrums520 said:

I'm an aerospace engineer, I know how heat transfer works. I am suggesting that perhaps your little fan is cooling the thermocouple that determines the heat of your Xbox (and thus when to shut down), but is subsequently allowing other components of your Xbox to remain heated without your Xbox being able to know. Thus, it is unable to shut down to protect the components that are still experiencing tremendous heat despite your fan.

I thought about that after I was unable to edit my post, but still it’s not as if I’m pointing the fan directly at it. It’s blowing it into the consoles air intake so it still goes through the natural process. If I can’t use a fan to cool it because it may trick the system, what’s the point of the consoles own cooling unit.

Unfortunately, (Since i am worried the game is doing permanent damage to my 500$ machine) it seems the only real choice is to play one of another hundred games that doesn't cause the xbox to overheat until Blackout comes out. Incredibly frustrating as I really love the game and have a lot of time invested into it. 

I want to be real clear to the devs here:

• There is NOTHING around my xbox. it has plenty of space and proper ventilation in a cool room sitting on a steel desk.
  • I have verified that all vents have been cleaned and are working properly.
  • This has not happened on any other game - ever - in over 10 years of xbox gaming. 
  • No other game Im playing currently causes the issue (DAYZ, Black Ops 3, Blackout Beta, Dark Souls, Fallout 4)
  • This had not happened to me with PUBG prior to the most recent xbox one x performance patch. I have over 1000 hours played with no issues and am consistently in the top 20-70 FPP solo leaderboard so I've put my machine to the test. 
  • it does not happen if I look up at the sky when jumping
  • it ONLY happens immediately after I jump out of the plane - never in any other intense situation
  • it seems to not happen if i drop in remote places with no one else. 

I am more than happy to take a video of replicating this and include my xbox setup if that helps in anyway. 

Edited by Jedediah
  • Like 1

If your XB1X is plugged into a surge protector, this will happen. It has it's own internal protection device. You can't plug a surge protector into a surge protector. Your XB1X must be plugged directly into a recepticle or your XB1X will shut off like this.

Edited by AP3XBOX

3 minutes ago, AP3XBOX said:

If your XB1X is plugged into a surge protector, this will happen. It has it's own internal protection device. You can't plug a surge protector into a surge protector. Your XB1X must be plugged directly into a recepticle or your XB1X will shut off like this.

Are you high? A surge protector...protects against power surges...why when my xbox shuts off it says "overheated"?

1 hour ago, AP3XBOX said:

Plugged into the wall. Thanks tho

Edited by Jedediah

On 9/27/2018 at 1:57 AM, Andymh5 said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear some of you are having this issue.  Firstly can I ask that you take a look here and make sure that you have followed the instructions on the correct ways to make sure your Xbox is ventilated?  If you are still having this issue could you please fill out a bug reporting template that we have provided so the team can gather addition information and investigate the issue?  Thanks

This is happening to me as well it started after the last update. I thought it was because of sanhok, which is where it was happening. Stop playing a week and a half ago because I am sorry even if I have warranty on my XB1X why would I put it through this. Tried it today but thought let's try just battle royale..... after 3 back to back Miramar squad matches it shut down while I was killing someone. 

Now the crazy thing is that i can play any other game and nothing. Even cod ww2 that makes the fan sound like it is going to take off, nothing. I thought the desync was bad and the incosistent gun fights was bad. But this right here. This shi right here. This right here. This is just insane. 

If it's still happening, then there is clearly an issue with some XB1X's. It's only a handful of XB1X's.

9 hours ago, AP3XBOX said:

If it's still happening, then there is clearly an issue with some XB1X's. It's only a handful of XB1X's.

I know right!? I mean by all means my not even a year old XB1X might have a pubg problem. I mean it doesn't do it with any other game. I turn it on as soon as it turned off played 4 matches of fortnite, 3 codww2 while the fans was working loud and played a 10min qtr madden19 week5 game and it didn't turned off. I mean if it was my XB1X it should've had turned off if it was already over heating. My Xbox might be really destroyed??‍♂️ That's a picture of the ventilation. 

IMG_0313.JPG

Well after being a week strong of no crash when jumping, it happened again. Not during a drop, but after landing. Desync maybe, but some guy was running, not smoothly but it was like he was phasing/teleporting every couple steps, and he was not far, only 20 or so feet away. Must have seen me during that time, shot and killed me. Immediately upon my death the Xbox shut off.

Edited by Dangles

PUBG is optimized so poorly that jumping out of the plane might actually cause XB1X's with issues to overheat. I mean why only a handful of players? The power surge thing worked for me when I was having this issue in another game, but my best friend is still having this problem in PUBG. All I could tell him was to call 1-800-4-MYXBOX. If most people aren't experiencing this on their XB1X's (me being one of them), then it's not a software issue. It's a hardware issue.

I"ve had this happen to me 3 times now and again after 3 matches tonight, imo tis a software issue seen as this only started after the X1X patch and no other game i play does this ....

Won"t be playing this till they sort it,feck knows what its doing t X1X hardware

On 10/5/2018 at 5:12 PM, Jedediah said:

Unfortunately, (Since i am worried the game is doing permanent damage to my 500$ machine) it seems the only real choice is to play one of another hundred games that doesn't cause the xbox to overheat

3 hours ago, AP3XBOX said:

PUBG is optimized so poorly that jumping out of the plane might actually cause XB1X's with issues to overheat. I mean why only a handful of players? The power surge thing worked for me when I was having this issue in another game, but my best friend is still having this problem in PUBG. All I could tell him was to call 1-800-4-MYXBOX. If most people aren't experiencing this on their XB1X's (me being one of them), then it's not a software issue. It's a hardware issue.

Can't 100% disagree that maybe something is subpar with certain xboxs.  but if in over 5 years with this machine and currently playing a bunch of other games that don't cause it to crash - seems to me it's a pubg issue.

Didn't happen till a specific patch to all of us, so they did something in that patch which started the issue. There is some sort of performance problem with the game which puts us over a certain threshold. Not 100% a hardware issue since the game worked fine before. 

Edited by Jedediah

I'm sure that there are variations in Xbox hardware, as there are with PC components. Pushing two 'identical' devices to their limits may show slightly different responses. The fact that this game is pushing the xbox to their limit is THE PROBLEM.

Edited by jakedrums520
Spelling/grammar/clarification
  • Like 1

So this just happened to me for the first time during normal gameplay. Dropped at one of the camps (alpha or bravo), got into a close-quarter fire fight with another player. Unloaded all the rounds of my extended mag vector about 1 foot away from him. As soon as he died, my xbox shut off, same as it did when dropping straight down from the plane.

2 hours ago, jakedrums520 said:

So this just happened to me for the first time during normal gameplay. Dropped at one of the camps (alpha or bravo), got into a close-quarter fire fight with another player. Unloaded all the rounds of my extended mag vector about 1 foot away from him. As soon as he died, my xbox shut off, same as it did when dropping straight down from the plane.

Happened to me yesterday which I posted a couple up. Haven’t crashed when jumping again, but as far as the kill crash I was the one who got killed and then immediate shut off. Has only happened the one time though so far

Ok, thank god I found this thread! Thought my X was dying! 

This is has been going on since PUBG wasn’t in Beta. The Xbox One X (Scorpio) would shut off due to “overheating”. It first happened with I was in a cloud of smoke from a smoke grenade. It’s been happening for months! 

Today it happened 5-6 times whilst jumping from a plane and looking down! Instant shut off! Found this thread and stopped looking straight down and didn’t crash again on jumping. However I did crash once more during normal gameplay. 

This ONLY happens to my Xbox on PUBG! I have played numerous titles in 4K HDR and they all work flawlessly. PUBG on the other hand is terrible! I truly love this game, but to think it is damaging my hardware is worrying. Also, reading all these posts etc and not seeing any actual support or even promise of support is worrying, and I am now close to giving up on this game. It truly sucks that it’s coming to this!

Could we please have some sort of substantial update in regard to the issue we are experiencing, and whether or not it will be fixed / when it will be fixed? It would be nice to have some sort of solid communication instead of “are you sure it is ventilated”. 

I have bought every Xbox on day one since the originals Xbox, and I have never experienced an issue like this. My console is ventilated, and out in the open. PUBG is the only title that is giving me this issue. Please issue a fix or at least communicate progress so we know what is going on. This has gone on a long time now, so please tell us what the resolution is before we all just give up on your game. We are fans, and we obviously care about your game. 

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, DeeKay86 said:

Ok, thank god I found this thread! Thought my X was dying! 

This is has been going on since PUBG wasn’t in Beta. The Xbox One X (Scorpio) would shut off due to “overheating”. It first happened with I was in a cloud of smoke from a smoke grenade. It’s been happening for months! 

Today it happened 5-6 times whilst jumping from a plane and looking down! Instant shut off! Found this thread and stopped looking straight down and didn’t crash again on jumping. However I did crash once more during normal gameplay. 

This ONLY happens to my Xbox on PUBG! I have played numerous titles in 4K HDR and they all work flawlessly. PUBG on the other hand is terrible! I truly love this game, but to think it is damaging my hardware is worrying. Also, reading all these posts etc and not seeing any actual support or even promise of support is worrying, and I am now close to giving up on this game. It truly sucks that it’s coming to this!

Could we please have some sort of substantial update in regard to the issue we are experiencing, and whether or not it will be fixed / when it will be fixed? It would be nice to have some sort of solid communication instead of “are you sure it is ventilated”. 

I have bought every Xbox on day one since the originals Xbox, and I have never experienced an issue like this. My console is ventilated, and out in the open. PUBG is the only title that is giving me this issue. Please issue a fix or at least communicate progress so we know what is going on. This has gone on a long time now, so please tell us what the resolution is before we all just give up on your game. We are fans, and we obviously care about your game. 

Thank you.

Never had Red Rings of Death? You musta been one of the lucky ones!

Yeah it's pretty lame that this is happening frequently and to a lot of people. None of my buddies on the Xbox OG or S experience this issue. I honestly think they will have a hard time diagnosing this issue in one specific update. I think their best bet is to crank the resolution/effects down on everything, get it to a stable 60 fps, and then incrementally bringing back up the resolution/effects in PTS updates to make sure this kind of stuff is a thing of the past.

They said they are working on an optimized graphics vs framerate selection, but that we wouldn't see it until November...

I get that most/none of us are game developers, but imo Bluehole is acting like the biggest noob on the planet. Like where tf is all our money going to? 

27 minutes ago, jakedrums520 said:

Never had Red Rings of Death? You musta been one of the lucky ones!

Yeah it's pretty lame that this is happening frequently and to a lot of people. None of my buddies on the Xbox OG or S experience this issue. I honestly think they will have a hard time diagnosing this issue in one specific update. I think their best bet is to crank the resolution/effects down on everything, get it to a stable 60 fps, and then incrementally bringing back up the resolution/effects in PTS updates to make sure this kind of stuff is a thing of the past.

They said they are working on an optimized graphics vs framerate selection, but that we wouldn't see it until November...

I get that most/none of us are game developers, but imo Bluehole is acting like the biggest noob on the planet. Like where tf is all our money going to? 

Haha - I avoided Red Ring Of Death! I was lucky indeed!

I find it surprising that the game went to version 1.0 in this state. I’d have preferred it to stay in beta till early 2019 to iron out these issues. It really is a shame. 

It’s not like they don’t have the funds to fix this, maybe it’s a resource issue, or just an experience issue? I just hope they are listening / trying to fix this, as right now I am actually worried when playing the game. Kind of kills the experience/enjoyment of a game when you feel it’s killing your Xbox lol

Edited by DeeKay86
Autocorrect!

On 9/7/2018 at 8:15 AM, Critic said:

Recently I've been getting a lot of messages about my sensitivity/ settings due to being Rank 1 in Solo's.
I've done a quick video to show them, hopefully they might help you.

On 9/15/2018 at 1:52 PM, jakedrums520 said:

My Xbox One X has shut off multiple times while I have been playing PUBG. While this could be an issue with my Xbox itself, I do not believe this is the case as this has happened two times while dropping from the plane along with one time when I was in smoke (a smoke grenade) and trying to loot a CP. This is somewhat game breaking (system breaking) and should absolutely be resolved.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

ya so has my xbox one s