jakedrums520

Xbox One X Shutting Off

15 minutes ago, Dangles said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5ww20EAGI

please read description as well so you understand what i was doing. Feel free to fast forward at waiting points lol

Yup, same thing I experience. Although you are able to replicate easier than I, cause I still jump many times not looking into the sky and it doesn't shut down on me. 

Been talking to others on different sites that have more experience with tech than me, they believe it’s a rendering issue as well. So I guess we just wait to hear if it can be fixed without reverting to the FPS drop X’s had before the update when it did not crash...? Love the game but I’m getting warn out from one bug to the next each update. I’ve got hope still but I’m exhausted of dealing with them. Gotta love patience.

Just a quick update, I had the game installed on my external 4tb USB drive. I moved to the internal and it didn't crash in the last 3 games I tried. Where has everyone else got theirs installed on?

4 hours ago, Indie24 said:

Just a quick update, I had the game installed on my external 4tb USB drive. I moved to the internal and it didn't crash in the last 3 games I tried. Where has everyone else got theirs installed on?

Internal. Even if using external is a fix, I’m not going to pay $100+ for a $30 game at my own expense for something that should be working without it. After all this never happened until the update, so something is wrong somewhere.

Edited by Dangles
  • Like 1

I am having the same problem on xbox one x. I am lucky if i get 20 mins on the game befor the xbox turnes itself off and when i put it back on i get the overheat msg. Its obviously a problem scince the last update as it was running fine befor. so many ppl having the exact same problem is not a coincidence. 

15 hours ago, Indie24 said:

I have the issue with the game installed on the internal. To troubleshoot I reinstalled the game on my external and the problem was still there. This all started after the last update. I haven't even bothered with the game since last week. Sad thing is it's not even mentioned as a known bug that they're working on. I don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Borrowed a 4tb external from a buddy for the night to test. Game runs a lot better and loads noticably faster, but like the post before me the game does still crash when jumping.

I think you guys misunderstood me. Mine was installed on a 4tb drive when it kept crashing. Since I moved it to internal, the very few games I played didn't crash. I didn't play enough games to fully test though and may still crash. You are right in saying the external drive loads everything so much quicker!

On 9/30/2018 at 11:50 PM, Indie24 said:

I think you guys misunderstood me. Mine was installed on a 4tb drive when it kept crashing. Since I moved it to internal, the very few games I played didn't crash. I didn't play enough games to fully test though and may still crash. You are right in saying the external drive loads everything so much quicker!

Yeah I misunderstood lol. And I’m drunk rn so bear with me, but after seeing all the other posts since the hotfix, I doubt this will get fixed soon. Microsoft is still helping bluehole right? This is just ridiculous, I really want this game to thrive.

thank god for auto correct 

Edited by Dangles

43 minutes ago, Dangles said:

Yeah I misunderstood lol. And I’m drunk rn so bear with me, but after seeing all the other posts since the hotfix, I doubt this will get fixed soon. Microsoft is still helping bluehole right? This is just ridiculous, I really want this game to thrive.

thank god for auto correct 

Out of 255 pages of bug threads, this thread is on page 1 when sorted by most replies. Among the first page, ignoring the bug mega thread, older issues that have been resolved, and non-gameplay related bugs, it is near the top. I think that if people continue to post on here stating their problem with this specific bug, it will be addressed soon. I have a feeling (based off my own experiences and other people's anecdotes), that this is an issue with rendering/framerate/general stability. I presume that as they keep improving stability, it will address this issue. 

Not sure how much Microsoft is helping Bluehole. IMHO, Bluehole should just hand the IP over to Microsoft so that they can use their expertise to quickly fix some of the glaring issues with this game. But now with Sony talks in the works, I doubt this will ever happen. 

I have a feeling that PUBG will never quite get to the level it deserves to be at, and that another publisher will come around, buy the IP, and create a PUBG 2.0 (whether it retains the name or not) that uses a better engine and has better servers. I will be for PUBG for as long as they can keep pushing new content and making it stable, but I think that just like every other console game, its time will come and a reincarnate will be born (Jesus?)

I am experiencing the same issues.  I have an Xbox One X and over the past couple days the system will shut itself off, typically around the same time everyone else has already described here.  There is plenty of ventilation, the system is sitting out in the open.  This does not happen with any other game I play.  When I feel the back of the console it is not even hot.  Please address this issue.

Edited by xDARKxFLAMEx

@Andymh5

So update. I have a cooling fan sitting on the left side of the console, if you watched my video you saw it. Previously I had it towards the back, only blowing the hot air away on the back of the console. I moved it up a little so now it’s half way on the air intake and the other half is blowing the hot air away on the back. Haven’t had a shut down in 8 games jumping straight down at the beginning. I was pushing it too, immediately quitting once landing and starting the next game to see if it would crash. Having it on the intake probably gives the air flow just enough of a nudge that the air inside gets moving faster before heating anything up more.

Im starting to believe this is actually an overheating issue, still due to the games demand, but I don’t believe this is a some bug with the game anymore. Just the console not venting the hot air fast enough, which isn’t really the games fault.

Edited by Dangles
Details
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Dangles said:

@Andymh5

So update. I have a cooling fan sitting on the left side of the console, if you watched my video you saw it. Previously I had it towards the back, only blowing the hot air away on the back of the console. I moved it up a little so now it’s half way on the air intake and the other half is blowing the hot air away on the back. Haven’t had a shut down in 8 games jumping straight down at the beginning. I was pushing it too, immediately quitting once landing and starting the next game to see if it would crash. Having it on the intake probably gives the air flow just enough of a nudge that the air inside gets moving faster before heating anything up more.

Im starting to believe this is actually an overheating issue, still due to the games demand, but I don’t believe this is a some bug with the game anymore. Just the console not venting the hot air fast enough, which isn’t really the games fault.

I have to disagree. Before the update I never had a shut down. It's only happening after the patch and only on this game. All other 4k HDR games run fine. Why didn't it shutdown in the summer here in the UK when outside temps reached 33c and the inside of the house was baking hot, and we would play PUBG for 3 hours on end. Now temps outside here at 17c and inside is freezing but shutdowns happen when jumping out of plane. When I resume it's fine. Surely it should be shutting down constantly during gameplay.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dangles said:

@Andymh5

Dude, have you played another game other than PUBG? This is 100% the games fault. My xbox sounds like a fighter jet when playing PUBG. Any other new 4k UHD game and I can barely hear my Xbox.

50 minutes ago, Indie24 said:

I have to disagree. Before the update I never had a shut down. It's only happening after the patch and only on this game. All other 4k HDR games run fine. Why didn't it shutdown in the summer here in the UK when outside temps reached 33c and the inside of the house was baking hot, and we would play PUBG for 3 hours on end. Now temps outside here at 17c and inside is freezing but shutdowns happen when jumping out of plane. When I resume it's fine. Surely it should be shutting down constantly during gameplay.

As for why it didn’t shut down before, in my case the game ran terribly before 1.0. FPS was low and I believe that eased the stress of rendering. After 1.0 like most noticed it runs smooth, making it more demanding on the console to render even faster for each frame. What I’m having though may not be exactly what others have. Just like the hotfix that was released, many are having issues with the FPS being bad again. But for me, it’s the same if not better than before. I noticed the menu is for some reason much more responsive to my controller input now, there used to be a little delay before.

39 minutes ago, jakedrums520 said:

Dude, have you played another game other than PUBG? This is 100% the games fault. My xbox sounds like a fighter jet when playing PUBG. Any other new 4k UHD game and I can barely hear my Xbox.

I do understand that is because of the game. It’s the same for me, I notice the console puts out a lot more hot air than other games and is a bit louder, but to me it’s honestly not that loud. I don’t even notice it unless I pause and try to hear it. But like I said in response to indie, this is the first game I’ve seen where not everyone has the same problems at the same time, its odd.

I will play later when I get home from work, this time I will play normal games instead of leaving and restarting and see if it will crash then.

Prior to the aforementioned patch and while playing any other game I have not had a single occurance of the issue. I've been chuting while looking straight up since this started happening and it fixes the issue. Every time you look down and drop BAM crash/turn off Xbox. 

If it was simply an overheating issue, the crash would occur at intense times other than the initial drop. Which it does not. 

Edited by Jedediah

On 9/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, Andymh5 said:

Hi, I'm not asking for proof I just need to know when from when you access the game on your Xbox and play it can you get it to turn off on your first game or does it happen after a certain amount of games played?  Thanks in advance

Hi @Andymh5 I'm also experiencing the issue consistently. 

It happens no matter if I have just turned the Xbox on or if I've been playing for 5 hours. I am able to replicate it on nearly any drop. If I "look at the sky" when I drop out of the plane for the first few seconds of the drop, the issue does not happen. There is nothing near or on my Xbox one x or its vents. My device has no issue with any other game. It also never happens with pubg in any situation other than the intitial parachute drop, no matter how intense the action is. 

I have well over 1000 hours played on this Xbox and have never had an issue prior to the most recent "Xbox one x" performance improvement patch. 

@Andymh5 One last update for me

Still no crash after having the fan half-n-half on the air intake and air output on the console. Another 6 games back to back, played solos and with friends. I’d only imagine that the game will be optimized more going forward and keep reducing the strain on the system so I don’t expect to have anything like this happen again unless I forget to turn the fan on. But like others, I will notify if an update causes it to happen again.

Edited by Dangles

10 hours ago, jakedrums520 said:

My xbox sounds like a fighter jet when playing PUBG.

I left PUBG on the menu screen and went away for 10 mins, when I got back it was roaring away - I genuinely feared for my X1X when I heard that.

I'm thinking of investing in a fire extinguisher.

I've been having the same problem with PUBG. Really frustrating. However, while I do believe the fault rests primarily on Bluehole, I think MS shares some of the blame here, because PUBG is NOT the first game to experience this problem. It used to happen to me in State of Decay 2 as well. Here's one reddit thread about the overheating with that game. The dev even admitted in their Patch 1.3 notes that they "fixed crashes players were experiencing when loading into their communities."

So...I'm wondering if the X hardware has a design flaw or if developers are having a hard time developing for it.

I posted over on the MS community forums about it, but I have my doubts that MS is listening.

6 minutes ago, JSmalls said:

I've been having the same problem with PUBG. Really frustrating. However, while I do believe the fault rests primarily on Bluehole, I think MS shares some of the blame here, because PUBG is NOT the first game to experience this problem. It used to happen to me in State of Decay 2 as well. Here's one reddit thread about the overheating with that game. The dev even admitted in their Patch 1.3 notes that they "fixed crashes players were experiencing when loading into their communities."

So...I'm wondering if the X hardware has a design flaw or if developers are having a hard time developing for it.

I posted over on the MS community forums about it, but I have my doubts that MS is listening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Decay_(video_game)
PUBLISHED by Microsoft. Not developed. They were not even acquired until the middle of June this year. State of Decay 1 also had a plethora of bugs. This is exclusively a developer problem. No if's, and's, or but's.

11 hours ago, JSmalls said:

I really have a hard time believing this is an actual Overheating issue. If it was, why would it happen ONLY at the exact moment of drop from the plane and not during intense firefights near the bluezone with smokes, and 10+ ppl nearby? Or during say hot drops at Hacienda? Also, it happens within a minute of starting a cold xbox the same frequency as a box that has been playing for hours and hours. ALSO, this NEVER happened prior to the xbox one x targeted performance hotfix. Ive played over 1000 hours and not a single xbox shutoff prior to that patch. 

Edited by Jedediah

3 hours ago, Jedediah said:

I really have a hard time believing this is an actual Overheating issue. If it was, why would it happen ONLY at the exact moment of drop from the plane and not during intense firefights near the bluezone with smokes, and 10+ ppl nearby? Or during say hot drops at Hacienda? Also, it happens within a minute of starting a cold xbox the same frequency as a box that has been playing for hours and hours. ALSO, this NEVER happened prior to the xbox one x targeted performance hotfix. Ive played over 1000 hours and not a single xbox shutoff prior to that patch. 

Had a hard time thinking that before as well, but haven’t had a crash now for 3 or so days now. Used to happen every time I played, but I’m just saying if you have a fan aim it at the air intake, hasn’t crashed since I did that.

you guys want me to record that as well, the start of 2 games with the fan on, then turn it off for 2 games? I’m betting it’ll crash once I turn it off. Hell I’ll record it with the fan off first to show that it’s hot, then have it on the 2nd two games

Yah not doubting your experience but it makes pretty much no sense that it would just start happening now. I suppose its possible that they did something that caused the xbox to overheat with that hotfix but why just at that moment? Its also obvious that something is wrong with the patch and not all of our xboxs.