jakedrums520

Xbox One X Shutting Off

12 minutes ago, Dreamsanity said:

@Andymh5 might want to tell the devs about this seems important.

A little bit yeah. Made a thread the weekend after the update and haven’t posted more because others started bringing it up. It’s especially important on Sanhok with it being a small map, and the only way to make it not crash is to look up until your chute deploys, which means you’ll most likely land last. Also a nuisance when playing with friends and they really want to drop somewhere right below and you have to basically float down

Edited by Dangles

Hasn't happened to me the past few days...I find that when it happens, it is persistent for that play period, but then I don't see it for a few sessions. 

TBH, hoping it blows up our Xboxs and then we can have a class action lawsuit.

Hi,

Sorry to hear some of you are having this issue.  Firstly can I ask that you take a look here and make sure that you have followed the instructions on the correct ways to make sure your Xbox is ventilated?  If you are still having this issue could you please fill out a bug reporting template that we have provided so the team can gather addition information and investigate the issue?  Thanks

8 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear some of you are having this issue.  Firstly can I ask that you take a look here and make sure that you have followed the instructions on the correct ways to make sure your Xbox is ventilated?  If you are still having this issue could you please fill out a bug reporting template that we have provided so the team can gather addition information and investigate the issue?  Thanks

This is absolutely not a ventilation issue, considering how many others have experienced this in the exact same way.  

And when you mean fill out the correct bug report, is that in the mega thread? If so, many have already done so @Andymh5

9 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi,

Hi Andy - are you proposing that all the people with overheating XB1X request a service and send their consoles back to Microsoft. When my console shutdowns it reports on startup that there was an overheat issue and to check ventilation. I have done this and when I apply my hand to the top and sides of the console it feels warm definitely not hot. If I play DOOM in 4K for hours with the fan much louder the console gets hotter but never shuts down. Do you agree it is very likely to be a code release issue.

Best, MQ2

5 minutes ago, MQ2 said:

Hi Andy - are you proposing that all the people with overheating XB1X request a service and send their consoles back to Microsoft. When my console shutdowns it reports on startup that there was an overheat issue and to check ventilation. I have done this and when I apply my hand to the top and sides of the console it feels warm definitely not hot. If I play DOOM in 4K for hours with the fan much louder the console gets hotter but never shuts down. Do you agree it is very likely to be a code release issue.

Best, MQ2

The answer is yes, it's definitely a code issue. There is no way we all experience a shut down at the exact same time and all of our consoles are overheating. 

45 minutes ago, HashtagDutch said:

This is absolutely not a ventilation issue, considering how many others have experienced this in the exact same way.  

And when you mean fill out the correct bug report, is that in the mega thread? If so, many have already done so @Andymh5

Hi, there is a bug reporting template pinned in the bug report and troubleshooting section of the forums. 

Here is the link:

BUG REPORTING GUIDE & TEMPLATE

@Andymh5

Bug Description:

Xbox One X shuts off suddenly while playing PUBG. When I boot it back up, it brings me to the screen that says my Xbox has overheated. It happened to me on both Erangel and Sanhok. The first time it happened to me was when I was in the smoke plume of a smoke grenade looting a players crate. The next few times were primarily dropping from the plane onto Sanhok. It also happened to me a few minutes after the start of a Sanhok match while in a boat with my team mate driving.

No particular location. I primarily play Sanhok, but as mentioned, it happened to me once on the original map.

Evidence: 

I can't record this action because...well...MY XBOX SHUTS OFF! I am not going to hold a phone camera on my TV and record gigabytes of data to prove this.

Replication: 

My Xbox currently sits on the floor in my room with nothing around it. The first few times this happened, I elevated it. After it happened another few times, I rotated it away from the wall so there is literally nothing behind it, yet it still continued to happen. I played the pre-release of PUBG with my Xbox in an enclosed part of an entertainment stand from January till August and never had this problem.

I notice it tends to happen during graphically intense moments such as driving a car or a boat, dropping from the plane, or looting while in a smoke grenade.

Xbox One Version:

Xbox One X

Connection:

Wired

Game Mode:

Has happened to me in both Duos (FPP) and Squad (TPP) 

Edited by jakedrums520
Tagging Mod

@Andymh5

Bug Description:
Full shut down when jumping from the plane, looking downward and dropping as fast as possible. 
Evidence:

Please read description of video.

Spoiler

Replication: 
Look down and go fast... 
Xbox One Version:
Xbox X

Connection:

Wired 

Game Mode:

Only normal battle royale mode that I know of. Have not tried any event modes.

Edited by Dangles
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi, there is a bug reporting template pinned in the bug report and troubleshooting section of the forums. 

Here is the link:

BUG REPORTING GUIDE & TEMPLATE

Thanks for this link Andy - it is important for the community to report back bugs and issues without going over the top and being biased. For me though and the time I get to play a game I want it to work without having to reset the console and invite my team mate to party. Then wait to join another game and hope it doesn't switch off again. That's the point I'm making regarding frustration and annoyance.

14 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi,

I actually find this post offensive to the intelligence of the people posting in this forum/topic. Are you actually kidding on advising us how to properly ventilate our Xbox?

Its not exactly an unknown issue, there are plenty of posts on the PUBG Xbox reddit about people having this issue and plenty of posts on this very forum stating the exact same issue.

If i ever needed proof that anyone related to Bluehole has no idea what state this game is actually in, this has just confirmed it for me ?

• RIP 1

5 minutes ago, Aspecto said:

I actually find this post offensive to the intelligence of the people posting in this forum/topic. Are you actually kidding on advising us how to properly ventilate our Xbox?

Its not exactly an unknown issue, there are plenty of posts on the PUBG Xbox reddit about people having this issue and plenty of posts on this very forum stating the exact same issue.

If i ever needed proof that anyone related to Bluehole has no idea what state this game is actually in, this has just confirmed it for me ?

Agreed. Advising people to make sure there Xbox isn't covered in a blanket when using it is laughable. People here admitting this issue aren't morons. 

This is 100% not a ventilation issue. If it was, it's an amazing coincidence so many others are all of a sudden having this exact issue. 

I and many others have reported this in the bug section. prove to me Bluehole that people like Dr D, etc aren't right about you, and you're not completely incompetent and take serious bugs like this seriously and fix them.

2 hours ago, HashtagDutch said:

Agreed. Advising people to make sure there Xbox isn't covered in a blanket when using it is laughable. People here admitting this issue aren't morons. 

This is 100% not a ventilation issue. If it was, it's an amazing coincidence so many others are all of a sudden having this exact issue. 

I and many others have reported this in the bug section. prove to me Bluehole that people like Dr D, etc aren't right about you, and you're not completely incompetent and take serious bugs like this seriously and fix them.

3 hours ago, Aspecto said:

Im sorry that you find this offensive but we have to try an eliminate all possibilities for this issue which is why we ask for ventilation to be checked.  The team have to reliably replicate this issue to be able to fix it and the more help and information we can gather, as well as reducing variables can help solve the problem quicker.

It's definately not a ventilation issue. I have even tried to reduce output to 1080p, turn off hdr but it still crashes. It's a code issue as like others have said it generally happens right when you jump out of the plane. My friends who have xbox one x also do not have this issue but the difference for me is I have a 4k TV outputting 4k in hdr. They all have 1080p non hdr TV. 

The thing is when you load back in the game and resume it's fine for that game. It will happen again as soon as a new game loads and you have to jump out the plane again. I always play in squad games with a wired connection.

Edited by Indie24

1 hour ago, Indie24 said:

It's definately not a ventilation issue. I have even tried to reduce output to 1080p, turn off hdr but it still crashes. It's a code issue as like others have said it generally happens right when you jump out of the plane. My friends who have xbox one x also do not have this issue but the difference for me is I have a 4k TV outputting 4k in hdr. They all have 1080p non hdr TV. 

The thing is when you load back in the game and resume it's fine for that game. It will happen again as soon as a new game loads and you have to jump out the plane again. I always play in squad games with a wired connection.

Hi,

Could you tell me if this starts happening after playing for a certain amount of time or is it a random occurrence?

Andy, for me just seems to happen on Sanhok - usually during exiting of plane no stutter just immediate shutdown, or going through a smoke grenade plume (i get very low FPS) then a shutdown.

Hope this helps:

- Xbox1X 4k HDR output, console felt warm to touch definitely not hot when it shutdown 4 times during the day.

- Restricted play to Battle Royale maps after restarting and I did not get a shutdown all night.

- Same room temperature and setup throughout.

Best MQ2

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi,

Could you tell me if this starts happening after playing for a certain amount of time or is it a random occurrence?

It happened every time I jumped out of the plane the last time I played it. It would switch off the xbox and I would have to power it back on by pressing the physical button on the xbox. It then warns about ventilation when booting back up but we all know this is not the case. After rejoining the game it kicked me from it was fine until the next jump. Something is happening when we jump out. 

6 hours ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi,

I can replicate it on the spot as well as avoid it whenever I want. It’s not random at all. I can make a longer video if you want, although it’d be time consuming and annoying but if you really need solid proof I’d do it.

Edited by Dangles

5 minutes ago, Dangles said:

I can replicate it on the spot as well as avoid it whenever I want. It’s not random at all. I can make a longer video if you want, although it’d be time consuming and annoying but if you really need solid proof I’d do it.

Hi, I'm not asking for proof I just need to know when from when you access the game on your Xbox and play it can you get it to turn off on your first game or does it happen after a certain amount of games played?  Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, Andymh5 said:

Hi, I'm not asking for proof I just need to know when from when you access the game on your Xbox and play it can you get it to turn off on your first game or does it happen after a certain amount of games played?  Thanks in advance

Speaking from my experience, it doesn't matter if it's my first game or last game, it's happened both times. It doesn't happen every time either. I can play my first game and it will happen, then i can play for 3 more hours and see nothing...

...other times I have had it happen multiple times during a multi-hour play session. 

10 minutes ago, Andymh5 said:

Yes it can turn off on the first game, but if I look up when dropping it won’t turn off at all no matter how many games I play.

Edited by Dangles