jakedrums520

Xbox One X Shutting Off

8 minutes ago, Dangles said:

Huh.. not here to argue, but reading this made me realize I never factory reset mine when I took it to the store at my local mall. I was under the impression they’d repair it and alert me when finished, but instead they gave me a new one.

Im assuming this happens a lot, so you guys think they reset it before reselling? Just went on to the MS website and deleted my account off any Xbox that had a serial number that wasn’t my current one.

I just enjoy arguing with @Prince Akilleuzdon't worry.

I think that the local mall would have reset yours. Imagine buying an Xbox from Gamestop with the old user's settings and account still on there...wouldn't look so great. 

17 hours ago, jakedrums520 said:

I just enjoy arguing with @Prince Akilleuzdon't worry.

I think that the local mall would have reset yours. Imagine buying an Xbox from Gamestop with the old user's settings and account still on there...wouldn't look so great. 

I think you got the wrong person. We have never argued.

23 hours ago, jakedrums520 said:

Oh yeah? You really know your stuff huh? 

When Microsoft sends you an email with your packing slip, it SPECIFICALLY says to factory reset your Xbox. 

thank you for the answer
but I do not think Microsoft sends you an e-mail with your delivery note,

7 minutes ago, wahidovic said:

thank you for the answer

Dude go back a page and look at my last post. I literally posted the email I received from them.

1 hour ago, wahidovic said:

thank you for the answer

best regards

OK, I just did the Advance replacement for my One X. It crashes when playing PUBG but not with any other game. Let's see if the new one resolves the issue as some have said. This game must be so poorly optimized that it causes overheating. New console should be here in 2 or 3 days so will test. I am looking forward to hearing how quiet this one is as my ones fans were blowing hard when playing this game or any other 4k game.

30 minutes ago, Indie24 said:

OK, I just did the Advance replacement for my One X. It crashes when playing PUBG but not with any other game. Let's see if the new one resolves the issue as some have said. This game must be so poorly optimized that it causes overheating. New console should be here in 2 or 3 days so will test. I am looking forward to hearing how quiet this one is as my ones fans were blowing hard when playing this game or any other 4k game.

Where do you live? I was told by some dumb Microsoft agent that advance replacement is no longer offered. 

3 minutes ago, HashtagDutch said:

Where do you live? I was told by some dumb Microsoft agent that advance replacement is no longer offered. 

In the UK. When I went online they said Advance replacement wasn't offered so I went through to chat and done it through them. I told them I had done an Advance replacement on my OG Xbox One in 2013 and I wanted that again this time.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, Indie24 said:

In the UK. When I went online they said Advance replacement wasn't offered so I went through to chat and done it through them. I told them I had done an Advance replacement on my OG Xbox One in 2013 and I wanted that again this time.

Go to your nearest Microsoft store they will give you a new one. I sent mine first wave XB1X for repair because of overheating issues, and others that I noticed, they fixed it but 3 weeks later not even 30 minutes on was playing madden 19 and the screen went black. I tried changing monitors nothing, 4K hdmi cables nothing. Did a full shutdown and unplugged and nothing. So I went to Microsoft told them what happened and what is still happening and they gave me a new one

6 hours ago, Prince Akilleuz said:

Go to your nearest Microsoft store they will give you a new one. I sent mine first wave XB1X for repair because of overheating issues, and others that I noticed, they fixed it but 3 weeks later not even 30 minutes on was playing madden 19 and the screen went black. I tried changing monitors nothing, 4K hdmi cables nothing. Did a full shutdown and unplugged and nothing. So I went to Microsoft told them what happened and what is still happening and they gave me a new one

Im in the UK, they don't have any stores I'm aware of. Still waiting for my replacement to arrive.....

Update - Joke of a company MS are now saying it may take another 2 weeks for them to send me the Advance Replacement Xbox as they are having ongoing issues at their service centres with advance replacements.

Got my replacement today and I would says it's about 40 percent quieter than my launch Scorpio while playing Red Dead 2. I've not played PUBG yet so fingers crossed.

24 minutes ago, Indie24 said:

Got my replacement today and I would says it's about 40 percent quieter than my launch Scorpio while playing Red Dead 2. I've not played PUBG yet so fingers crossed.

Play the crap out of it because I had to change mines and Microsoft store gave me a new one since they “fixed” it and it was still giving me problems