jakedrums520

Xbox One X Shutting Off

My Xbox One X has shut off multiple times while I have been playing PUBG. While this could be an issue with my Xbox itself, I do not believe this is the case as this has happened two times while dropping from the plane along with one time when I was in smoke (a smoke grenade) and trying to loot a CP. This is somewhat game breaking (system breaking) and should absolutely be resolved.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

• Like 1

I had this happen to me today. Xbox x shut off completely right as I jumped out of the plane. No idea what's caused it, but interesting someone else playing pubg had it happen as well. 

• Like 1

I've had this happen to me 2x tonight. I haven't played since the most recent patch until tonight and it's occurred 2 of 5 games. Both times it occurred when I jumped out of the plane  on sanhok

i have the same when dropping out of plane on sanhok my console shut off and when i opened again the console says a message about temp.i have xbox one x.

Exact same thing for me. Uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure something wasn't f'd and then played a few other games for about an hour. No issues. 

Happens every few games on my one x right when I jump from the plane. 

14 hours ago, HashtagDutch said:

Yup, exact same thing. Definitely a pubg issue. 

Any devs or something care to acknowledge? 

Doubt it, they don’t care to acknowledge us and our issues. But who are we to them? Just stupid peasants who keep throwing money at them for a broke dick but super addictive game.   They are lucky this game is fun once you get over the constant BS. I just hope they wise the hell up and actually start listening to us and doing their jobs. I mean isn’t there people at BlueHole where it’s their sole job to manage the community?? If not, maybe they should get to it. 

I don't want to come across as a dick for saying this but I am glad it's not just me that is experiencing this issue! I also own an X and it happens to me when I play on Shanok. I notice as well my console sounds like a plane taking off when playing PUBG however, when playing other games. It makes zero to little noise.

I will uninstall, reinstall the game and do a test later.

It's definitely an issue, and not a coincidence we are all on the X, and this is happening since 1.0. Others on Reddit have said it's happened to them recently. 

I've only seen it once so far, but there is definitely something to this. 

This is pissing me right off at the minute! Must happen at least 1 in every 5 games. Shuts the One X down and says its overheated when it hasnt!

Seriously what fucking planet are these devs on that something like this can get into the game?!?!?!

I'e been a huge PUBG fan/apologetic for a long time now. Play a ton of PC and Xbox PUBG, but something like this is ridiculous to say the least. To completely shut down your Xbox....smh. 

How do we get this type of bug in front of the right people?

2 hours ago, HashtagDutch said:

I'e been a huge PUBG fan/apologetic for a long time now. Play a ton of PC and Xbox PUBG, but something like this is ridiculous to say the least. To completely shut down your Xbox....smh. 

How do we get this type of bug in front of the right people?

The more that people post here and report the same issue I suppose.

I am having to reinstall the game as mine would not start up.

I had this happen today multiple times playing War Mode on my X1X. I was parachuting every time it happened. The Xbox abruptly shut down and I got the temperature message when I booted back up. Other games seem just fine so at least it's not my X1X. Smh..........and I was dumb enough to think the game would halfway decent by the time it left Game Preview.

Same happening to me on any map. Almost happens every time when I jumpout of plane it's shuts off saying overheated. When I resume game it's fine. I'm on a Xbox one X but the other 2 squad members have an X and doesn't happen to them. I'm the only one with a 4k TV and HDR though. Pubg has never shut down before but now it's happening every game.

Yo, Just created an account to say the same things happened to me. 
Just went back on PUBG the other day, had no problems jumping out the first time on Sanhok,  but ever since then as soon as i leave the plane whatever map my Xbox turns off, and turn it back on and it says its turned off to protect itself from overheating. Doesn't even feel that hot and hasn't happened with any other game, bit of a joke

Same thing happened  while playing PUBG, played 100 times afterwards with no problems.

I've been playing since day 1 with zero problems and after the so called X update recently this happened. I'm wondering if there is a way to reset / clear the 4K content as they tweaked that recently for the X players.

Xbox One X

Alpha Skip Ahead

HDR10

I reported it via "Report a problem"  on the Xbox.

Hello, it's the OP again.

The dumbest part about all this is that while I am at University, I am using a cheap 720p TV (yeah I realize that is silly if I own a 1X but I'm a broke boy right now). Because of this, my xbox should only be outputting 720p...I realize it super-samples, however my xbox should absolutely not be overheating....

Fyi This is still happening on all maps. If I look into the sky when I jump I don't get it but when I look at the ground still happening sporadically

This same thing has happened to me over the last few months but just randomly shutting down one x and getting the overheat message. Over the last 3 days EVERYTIME I jump out of the plane it shuts off my Xbox, total bs. They need to do something about this game.