FBI_Breeze

!!Bugs!! - "CTRL" inventory ,"Middle Mouse" jump, Inventory control

Bugs list:

The first bug was reported last week in the test server forums, and is now on the live servers.  Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss the post so I am re-posting here.

1.  I use the "CTRL" button for my inventory quantity control/ Freelook/ and in game PTT.  After I loot for some reason the game acts as if my "CTRL" button is pressed.  When I close the inventory my character is now in freelook, and my PTT is active as if i was holding down the "CTRL" button.  If I tap the "CTRL" button again everything goes back to normal.

2.  I use middle mouse button for jump/vault.  I have on several occasions had the button stop working completely.  I can go into my settings and delete middle mouse as my jump button then set it right back to middle mouse button and everything is back to normal.

3.  The inventory control does not allow me to use my number keys anymore, you have to use the slider.  I didn't think this was you intention when implementing the slider.

Thanks Blue Hole for the awesome update!  The training map rocks, and love the addition of the new gun and vehicle! The Call out gadget rocks also :P

• Like 1

Hello FBI_Breeze, thank you for the report submissions,

Before I can get a better understanding of each submission, did you manage to get any gameplay footage demonstrating this?

If so I can forward this to the Dev team for a further Investigation.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:27 PM, PUBG_Sheepy said:

Before I can get a better understanding of each submission, did you manage to get any gameplay footage demonstrating this?

Here is thee video footage that you requested.  This problem happened once before several months ago and it was fixed.  For the last month, this happens to me every single time I use the inventory quantity control button

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2018 at 8:27 PM, PUBG_Sheepy said:

@PUBG_Sheepy  just FYI,  I am still having this issue on the regular and the updated test server.  Happens in every game.

I spoke wrong in the initial post.  It is not the CTRL key it is the Left Shift key that I am using for this.

Edited by FBI_Breeze

5 hours ago, FBI_Breeze said:

@PUBG_Sheepy  just FYI,  I am still having this issue on the regular and the updated test server.  Happens in every game.

I spoke wrong in the initial post.  It is not the CTRL key it is the Left Shift key that I am using for this.

Hello Breeze,

Thanks for the update.

On 9/12/2018 at 3:17 PM, FBI_Breeze said:

Bugs list:

The first bug was reported last week in the test server forums, and is now on the live servers.  Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss the post so I am re-posting here.

1.  I use the "CTRL" "SHIFT" button for my inventory quantity control/ Freelook/ and in game PTT.  After I loot for some reason the game acts as if my "CTRL" button is pressed.  When I close the inventory my character is now in freelook, and my PTT is active as if i was holding down the "CTRL" "SHIFT" button.  If I tap the "CTRL" "SHIFT" button again everything goes back to normal.

2.  I use middle mouse button for jump/vault.  I have on several occasions had the button stop working completely.  I can go into my settings and delete middle mouse as my jump button then set it right back to middle mouse button and everything is back to normal.

3.  The inventory control does not allow me to use my number keys anymore, you have to use the slider.  I didn't think this was you intention when implementing the slider.

1)

I use the keypad rather than WASD and I have had some problems when I had too many functions bound to the same key.

My problems surrounded the drop inventory function also. It would not always work because crouch was also bound to the right ctrl key along with the drop function.

My solution was to move the drop to the keypad + and I had no more problems. Your quickest solution would be to try something similar (bind something to a different key)

If I might also suggest that it sounds like perhaps you "might" have a conflict in the gameplay menu where you have one of your functions using toggle while some others are

using hold (either in the menu or by default) and both are bound to your shift key. You can play around with it on the training server to come up with a solution.

2) No suggestion other than what's in 1)

3) I've seen a lot of people say the same thing (including myself) and I think it must be the new normal.

So here's a tip for everyone.

If you want to drop some ammo because you need to pick up something and your inventory is full,

instead of using the drop, grab a stack of ammo and drop it, then pick up the item, then pick up the ammo again.

The  item will be placed in your inventory and the ammo will be placed back in your inventory (minus the exact amount the new item you added takes up).

You won't have to guess how much ammo you need to drop to pick up the new item.

Of course if you just want to get rid of some stuff that tip won't help but for me making more room in the pack is the most common thing I run into in this regard.

I am still having this issue @PUBG_Sheepy .  Not trying to be a pest about it, but just wanted to make sure you are aware it still exists almost 2 mos after initial posting.

One of the Devs already knows how to fix this, because I had this issue a while back and it only lasted for a few days before they patched it. 

On 10/23/2018 at 3:03 PM, avoideray said:

1)

I use the keypad rather than WASD and I have had some problems when I had too many functions bound to the same key.

My problems surrounded the drop inventory function also. It would not always work because crouch was also bound to the right ctrl key along with the drop function.

My solution was to move the drop to the keypad + and I had no more problems. Your quickest solution would be to try something similar (bind something to a different key)

If I might also suggest that it sounds like perhaps you "might" have a conflict in the gameplay menu where you have one of your functions using toggle while some others are

using hold (either in the menu or by default) and both are bound to your shift key. You can play around with it on the training server to come up with a solution.

2) No suggestion other than what's in 1)

3) I've seen a lot of people say the same thing (including myself) and I think it must be the new normal.

So here's a tip for everyone.

If you want to drop some ammo because you need to pick up something and your inventory is full,

instead of using the drop, grab a stack of ammo and drop it, then pick up the item, then pick up the ammo again.

The  item will be placed in your inventory and the ammo will be placed back in your inventory (minus the exact amount the new item you added takes up).

You won't have to guess how much ammo you need to drop to pick up the new item.

Of course if you just want to get rid of some stuff that tip won't help but for me making more room in the pack is the most common thing I run into in this regard.

Thanks for the info @avoideray .  The bind that I am having issues with do not offer the option of "hold"  or "toggle" so that is not the issue for me.  The problem is the Devs need to fix the code so that it will release the inventory control button after using it.  To me it seems like it should be a easy problem to trace down, if someone really wanted to.

4 minutes ago, FBI_Breeze said:

I am still having this issue @PUBG_Sheepy .  Not trying to be a pest about it, but just wanted to make sure you are aware it still exists almost 2 mos after initial posting.

One of the Devs already knows how to fix this, because I had this issue a while back and it only lasted for a few days before they patched it.  

Thanks for the info @avoideray .  The bind that I am having issues with do not offer the option of "hold"  or "toggle" so that is not the issue for me.  The problem is the Devs need to fix the code so that it will release the inventory control button after using it.  To me it seems like it should be a easy problem to trace down, if someone really wanted to.

Thanks for the update Breeze,

Just to clarify, all these issues are still occurring?

1.  I use the "CTRL" "SHIFT" button for my inventory quantity control/ Freelook/ and in game PTT.  After I loot for some reason the game acts as if my "CTRL" button is pressed.  When I close the inventory my character is now in freelook, and my PTT is active as if i was holding down the "CTRL" "SHIFT" button.  If I tap the "CTRL" "SHIFT" button again everything goes back to normal.

Also if bug #1 is still occurring do you mind providing an updated video - just so I can re-escalate this Internally with a video with the latest patch etc.

Thanks again.

@PUBG_Sheepy

1.  I use the "SHIFT" button for my inventory quantity control/ Freelook/ and in game PTT.  After I loot for some reason the game acts as if my "SHIFT" button is pressed.  When I close the inventory my character is now in freelook, and my PTT is active as if i was holding down the "SHIFT" button.  If I tap the "SHIFT" button again everything goes back to normal.

The issue above is  the one that is still happening, It is the one described in the video above.  The others have been fixed for the most part.

I have had my jump button quit working but its only happened twice in the last 40ish games, so that isn't that big of a deal 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FBI_Breeze said:

Yes, I will make another Video of this issue.

Thank you Breeze, I have re-forwarded this to the Team.

@PUBG_Sheepy this is still an issue for me and others.  Do you think they can fix this during the 4 hour maint. today?  Seems like a pretty simple code fix.  If you let me see the code for this i can fix in less than 15 minutes.

I have this same issue with leaning as I have my left lean and "use" key set to A. However, this pretty much only occurs when I revive a downed teammate and it happens EVERY single time.

I can open/close doors, get in/out vehicles and cancel taking things all fine for the most part, but every once in a great while (100+ uses) something will trigger me to lean and stay that way. I have to hit it again to turn it off as if it is set to toggle. However, EVERY time I revive someone I will go from not being leaned before or during the revive, to immediately leaning afterwards.

Edited by LuckImpaired

On 11/4/2018 at 4:28 PM, PUBG_Sheepy said:

Thank you Breeze, I have re-forwarded this to the Team.

Sheepy please remind the devs of this bug again.  I am still having this issue.  All they need to do is clear the all keyboard inputs on the close of the inventory.

// flushes the standard input
    // (clears the input buffer)
    while ((getchar()) != '\n');

I open inventory then press quantity control button "L Shift".  Since "L Shift" is also my ingame PTT and freelook the code gets this input and it is never cleared once closing the inventory.  It is as if the Inventory Quantity control code if preventing the "L Shift" press from being cleared. So now after i loot i am walking and sideways and unable to shoot my gun and talking in game.  I an begging!  please fix!  it has been 4 months now and this is such a simple fix. 

On 12/20/2018 at 5:53 PM, FBI_Breeze said:

Sheepy please remind the devs of this bug again.  I am still having this issue.  All they need to do is clear the all keyboard inputs on the close of the inventory.

// flushes the standard input
    // (clears the input buffer)
    while ((getchar()) != '\n');

I open inventory then press quantity control button "L Shift".  Since "L Shift" is also my ingame PTT and freelook the code gets this input and it is never cleared once closing the inventory.  It is as if the Inventory Quantity control code if preventing the "L Shift" press from being cleared. So now after i loot i am walking and sideways and unable to shoot my gun and talking in game.  I an begging!  please fix!  it has been 4 months now and this is such a simple fix. 

Having multiple actions on a keybinding that has a toggle function such as freelook will cause issues in certain actions. You have the option to use the default keybindings if your custom ones are having issues with one another or make sure your custom keybindings that are toggle by default are set to hold.