Rajuus

Laser sight feedback and attachments feedback

Now that you introducing the laserpointer I want to say I like its concept. What I don't like is the way the attachment slots work for this game right now.

I have an idea that would maybe make people re-think their loadout more and make the gunplay more varied later in the game. Change the weapon attachment system by making the weapons take more attachments.

Example; M416 you should  be able to attach a sight like red dot and a scope like the 4X at the same time without going to the inventory. So add another attachment slot for sights to the AR's and DMR's.

That would make the gunplay, more fluid and you could maybe take an Uzi or another close range gun as the second main gun for pushing houses and other extreme close quarter battles. I would make this two scope & sight slot as a thing for the guns with a more advanced rail system like M416, Mutant, Beryl, SCAR-L, SKS etc.

You are now implementing the laser-sight for a underbarrel attachment, which in your current vision "sacrifices" the grips for the guns. I don't see a lot of benefit from this and  see why people would use this for AR's instead of grips. You should make this not for the grip slot and make it as a real upgrade for the guns and in the same time "a cool visual upgrade" at the same time. You could now see players being really geared up so that he has the laser sight, grips, sights and everything.

I would make the "laser sight slot" as a unique attachment slot for guns like shotguns, pistols, AR's, SMG's and DMR's without it taking an attachment slot from the grips. You could later on keep introducing new attachment for this "laser pointer" attachment slot and keep it like this for now. I like the idea of it reducing hip fire recoil and spread so it would be more viable to hip fire or as you could say "spray and pray" in extreme close combat situations.

errm,. the lasersight is a fairly pointless addition in a game that has crosshairs … just leave it it cant possibly do anything except give away your position.

41 minutes ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

errm,. the lasersight is a fairly pointless addition in a game that has crosshairs … just leave it it cant possibly do anything except give away your position.

Well what about a button to turn it on/off. I dont know how it actually looks for other players and in the demo they say that it's only visible to you, so I guess it shoul be ok.

cant say I messed with it even on the training ground,  it just seemed so utterly pointless I couldn't think of a single reason to equip one ever

26 minutes ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

cant say I messed with it even on the training ground,  it just seemed so utterly pointless I couldn't think of a single reason to equip one ever

agreed... unless? Maybe it's there for an upcoming night mode?

Not even sure how it helps in night mode either considering you still have a crosshair  ?

ITs useful in games like Insurgency sandstorm that have no crosshairs, so you can hip fire using the laser sight, but it gives away your location to enemies so has a downside.  but yeah in a game with crosshairs it just doesn't seem to have a purpose.

12 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

Lasersight is only visible for the player who uses it. The other guys cannot see it. Wacky jacky said it in the video yesterday.

1 minute ago, Themurderone91 said:

Lasersight is only visible for the player who uses it. The other guys cannot see it. Wacky jacky said it in the video yesterday.

even more pointless