ShallowTech

Current Xbox Game Preview PTS Build

Played for about four hours or so last night. The build seems pretty stable and the performance of this build seems much better than the current production build. I did notice a couple of issues and wanted to find out if anyone else had these issue. Are they reported as bugs. 

• When zooming out of 6x scope on the AWM my horizontal movement was extremely slow, to resolve it I had to aim through my scope again and then back to third person.
  • Not much weather, out of the many games I played I think only two of them had any type of dynamic weather.
  • A few of my squad kept getting messages that they could not connect to the server, one of my friends I think hit A twice to resolve...

Overall the game seems much more responsive, feels like there is more performance and hit detection seemed much better with the changes. Bullet penetration is great, it is nice not having to shoot an enemy 8-10 times before they die. Hopefully the performance does not change when this is moved into production. The last build seemed good too but then there seemed to be issues when they moved it...

Anyway, good job on this one PUBG Corp. I am very happy to see a lot of changes focused on performance/hit detection. 

Edited by ShallowTech
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Played for about four hours or so last night. The build seems pretty stable and the performance of this build seems much better than the current production build. I did notice a couple of issues and wanted to find out if anyone else had these issue. Are they reported as bugs. 

• When zooming out of 6x scope on the AWM my horizontal movement was extremely slow, to resolve it I had to aim through my scope again and then back to third person.
  • Not much weather, out of the many games I played I think only two of them had any type of dynamic weather.
  • A few of my squad kept getting messages that they could not connect to the server, one of my friends I think hit A twice to resolve...

Overall the game seems much more responsive, feels like there is more performance and hit detection seemed much better with the changes. Bullet penetration is great, it is nice not having to shoot an enemy 8-10 times before they die. Hopefully the performance does not change when this is moved into production. The last build seemed good too but then there seemed to be issues when they moved it...

Anyway, good job on this one PUBG Corp. I am very happy to see a lot of changes focused on performance/hit detection. 

I thought the same the game seemed to run smooth but I couldn’t play for longer than one game because of the ADS bug. So haven’t really tested it properly. Good to hear something positive tho haha 

• Like 2

I personally liked the new fonts, loading screen, and other subtle changes....just shows something is being done lol.  The few games i did play, ran smooth, loaded textures decent enough, and i could see loot on building tops before i landed.  I liked the PTS :)  But I also have only played type A scheme FPP, so i will be looking into type B after the bug is fixed

32 minutes ago, Dead Muppet said:

Being able to make the crosshairs more pronounced. Perfect

Agreed! What colour?

Also, loot seemed to spawn a lot quicker, so you are not waiting around to see if something spawns you can use and then getting killed when you can't find a weapon. Overall I think it is a huge improvement and hope to see more builds like this in the future! Gives me hope!

Edited by ShallowTech
  • Like 2

I agree, the game felt very smooth and looting was really quick compared to the live server. im not having to stand over loot to pick it up, I can run over the top of the loot and pick it up on the move. Only thing I hated was the ADS bug but its not game breaking

Everything looked good. I felt that the movement was the best its been.

But the sensitivity bug made me not play after the one game. If its fixed for the live servers I'll be very happy with the state of the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShallowTech said:

This PTS is running so smooth it’s been awesome. I had the exact bug you described on your first point. I played four squad games on PTS yesterday. 2 of them had weather. Fog then rain 

I only played one game in PTS because my team mates wanted to play in the Live Server and I liked what I see... really.

Seems much more responsive, fluid, stable and really enjoyed what I see. Just got 2 problems:

• The brightness slider isn't working (I guess this was already informed by others users/players);
  • In PTS I have a military boot and when you wear it using pants it hides and that should be the other side: boot would be on top of the pants.

1 hour ago, Ruggles83 said:

Agreed! What colour?

Blue/Cyan mix for me - more about the brightness!!! So hard to see playing in HDR

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beastmode816 said:

I personally liked the new fonts, loading screen, and other subtle changes....just shows something is being done lol.  The few games i did play, ran smooth, loaded textures decent enough, and i could see loot on building tops before i landed.  I liked the PTS :)  But I also have only played type A scheme FPP, so i will be looking into type B after the bug is fixed

Yeah I'm loving all the polish they've added. Also thank God they finally made the hip reticle much bigger and easier to see. I've been begging for this for a while. It's weird not that people have mentioned it.

3 hours ago, Dead Muppet said:

Blue/Cyan mix for me - more about the brightness!!! So hard to see playing in HDR

Yea mine is as blue as that dead cookie monster in your avatar and I love it.