Jump to content
Clown Syndr0me

Darker Interiors?

Recommended Posts

Just noticed this, landed at Power Grid and the inside of the big warehouse was so dark I could hardly see. It's usually quite well lit.

 

It's this something to do with the weather/Lighting and if so is it intentional? Seems strange that the interior lighting would be so different for no apparent reason. (The weather was quite overcast but still fairly bright outside).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also noticed that internal lighting seemed darker when it is overcast. 

 

All of the light is from natural sources, so it would be darker inside on a cloudy day (assuming no artificial lights obviously).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HandyPalad1n said:

I also noticed that internal lighting seemed darker when it is overcast. 

 

All of the light is from natural sources, so it would be darker inside on a cloudy day (assuming no artificial lights obviously).

 

Yeah I suppose. There isnt any light bulbs in there. Just seemed a bit extreme considering it was quite bright outside.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to hacienda.....it's like every building is totally dark inside. Looking from outside you would never see anyone shooting at you.... awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, PH1L20 said:

Go to hacienda.....it's like every building is totally dark inside. Looking from outside you would never see anyone shooting at you.... awful.

 

Yeah its definately too dark. I hope this thread is enough to draw some attention to the issue..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played one game on One X on Erangel with overcast, foggy and stormy weather.

No issues with any interior lighting. 

My brightness is set to default 50%.

I have not played on Miramar yet today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Runswidscissors said:

I played one game on One X on Erangel with overcast, foggy and stormy weather.

No issues with any interior lighting. 

My brightness is set to default 50%.

I have not played on Miramar yet today.

 

I haven't seen the issue on Erangel yet. If you get an overcast Miramar any of the concrete buildings or big closed warehouse like the one at Power Grid are good examples.

 

I mean it might be by design just seems over the top to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coolbreezetg6 said:

I noticed a change of colors both outside and inside. To be honest I like it more right now

 

There's a couple of buildings in Miramar that have such dark interiors (during overcast weather) that you can barely make out the floor or doorways. 

 

Id  up the brightness but everything else is perfect so it would all be over bright and I dont like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played a overcast day in Miramar, does seem a bit too dark inside building. They could probably dial it back a little bit 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just played my first game, was in mil base power station (SE of main compound), and noticed the same thing. I really like it.

 

Gritty realism is a big part of the PUBG appeal and buildings like that would be quite dark.

 

No doubt in the future there will be infra red and night vision scopes or something. Just hoping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TahoeBeast said:

Putting brightness to 100% works great for me in settings.

 

I have my brightness in game as well as my montior's brightness set to 100 and it's still significantly darker than live servers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 9:00 AM, HandyPalad1n said:

I also noticed that internal lighting seemed darker when it is overcast. 

 

All of the light is from natural sources, so it would be darker inside on a cloudy day (assuming no artificial lights obviously).

This. 

Is it darker but that's because of the cloudy/foggy/rainy weather. 

If you play while it's sunny it will be brighter inside. 

  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 2:09 PM, Clown Syndr0me said:

 

I haven't seen the issue on Erangel yet. If you get an overcast Miramar any of the concrete buildings or big closed warehouse like the one at Power Grid are good examples.

 

I mean it might be by design just seems over the top to me.

You might want to calibrate your TV. 

It's never as dark as you are implying. 

  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SkitelzEno said:

You might want to calibrate your TV. 

It's never as dark as you are implying. 

My monitor is proffesionally calibrated.

 

Every game looks perfect as does PUBG. It's only dark in some buildings in Miramar and only when its overcast.

 

I understand it should be darker due to less natural light but it could be toned down slightly.

 

 

Edited by Clown Syndr0me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should add a flashlight attachment for our guns if they’re going to keep the insides that dark during weather 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2018 at 1:21 AM, Master Lao said:

They should add a flashlight attachment for our guns if they’re going to keep the insides that dark during weather 

That would be awesome - if you can turn it off. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...