Riggles

The Weekly PUBG Corp. Community Update - July 13th Edition

We’re back with a very lucky edition of the weekly update! Apologies for no post last week—I was on vacation playing with cute-ass owls in Japan.

In case you’re new here, this is basically an end-of-the-week summary of announcements we’ve made along with responses to feedback from players. For a more thorough explanation, check out the intro to this post. For even more on why we’re doing the weekly update and our goals for it, check out this comment.

Check out the post below, then remember to watch our Twitch Prime Day event once you’re done! Let’s jump in.

OFFICIAL PUBG CORP. COMMUNICATIONS: JULY 2–13

July 3 - PC 1.0 Update #17

July 4 - Event Mode: Huntsmen and Marksmen

July 6 - PUBG Global Invitational 2018: Introducing the Asia Teams

July 8 - PUBG Global Invitational 2018: Introducing the CIS Teams

July 9 - PUBG Global Invitational 2018: Introducing the NA Teams

July 10 - Update #17.1 Notes

July 11 - PUBG Global Invitational 2018: Introducing the OC, SA, and MENA Teams

July 11 - Event Mode: Hunters and Marksmen Returns!

July 12 - Watch the PUBG Squad Showdown on 7/13 and Get New deadmau5 Gear on 7/16

July 12 - PUBG Global Invitational 2018: Introducing the EU Teams

July 12 - Upcoming PGI Skins and How to Get Them

July 12 - Event Pass Bonus XP Events

COMMUNITY ISSUES AND THE LATEST RESPONSES

On Recent Bugs And A Note From The Devs

Context:

Patch #17 introduced some bug fixes and map changes, but also unfortunately introduced a couple of new problems, most notably with ping-based matchmaking in NA and with teammate revivals. This week we solved these issues and more with hotfixes and a smaller patch, called Update #17.1.

When it was discovered that there was also a bug preventing players from using healing items properly, we pushed out a hotfix.

The Latest Response:

At the same time that we shipped the Update #17.1 notes, we included a short dev note to acknowledge many of the ongoing problems facing PUBG and also to give a heads up about our plans as we head into PGI and beyond. For convenience, I’m posting it here in full:

A NOTE FROM THE TEAM

Our goal is to always work to give you a better battle royale experience. To do that, we know that we have to ship more performance improvements and additional bug fixes. We agree with the criticisms of the game that many of you have made recently, including comments that our efforts need to be more effective and that the game still needs more improvement. We greatly appreciate this feedback and we know that all of it comes from a place of support and love for PUBG.

Right now we’re developing new plans to resolve various problems facing PUBG, prioritizing server performance, client-side performance, anti-cheat, and bugs. While we’ll continue shipping new content and preparing for PGI over the next few weeks, we intend to have more concrete info to share about these plans shortly after PGI is over. Our dev team is doing their best to make sure that our plans are well-laid out so we can announce meaningful and detailed changes.

We love PUBG as much as you do, and we’ll continue doing everything possible to improve the game.

Thanks for playing,

Your friends at PUBG Corp.

On A Weird Clothing Glitch And The Demented Mind Of /u/PUBG_Hawkinz [+3]

Context:

There was a temporary bug that caused clothing textures to be rendered incorrectly.

The Latest Response:

Before we shipped a hotfix to resolve the bug, PUBG Corp. Community Manager /u/PUBG_Hawkinz [+3]managed to create some truly horrifying experiments by abusing it.

On Complicated and Persistent Game Issues Like Desync

Context:

One of the biggest challenges facing PUBG right now is server-side performance, which often manifests as complaints about “desync.” We’ve acknowledged this issue in many places before, and for the last couple of months have been shipping a number of optimizations to the way things like nearby enemies, loot, and vehicles are handled in order to improve server performance. But there’s more work to be done, and the biggest question many players have asked is “why is this so hard and why can’t you guys just tell us exactly when it’ll be fixed?”

The beloved PUBG streamer WackyJacky101 articulated the sentiment best in a recent tweet:

Everywhere I listen in the PUBG Community I hear one word 'Desync'. I would love to have some devBlog insights into what the dev team sees as the causes for it and what route they want to go to fix it. I think a lot would appreciate this, so everyone can see it is being worked on

The Latest Response:

When this issue came up in a (mostly memey) thread earlier this week, I posted a response about the difficulty of discussing solutions before we know whether they’ll work. Check out the full thread here, and feel free to give feedback if you’d like to have a deeper conversation here in the comments on this post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good community update, as always ?

I posted the following on Reddit also, but stuff tends to get burred by the sheer volume of comments, so I thought I'd stick it here too:

While I understand the team's concern re: premature sharing of root cause and resolution specifics, I think a better balance could be struck; for example, sharing certain details concerning the internal processes implemented by PUBG Corp. to identify / troubleshoot / resolve.

One consistent comment has centered around how the communications and development teams work together / how the developers identify issues / how potential fixes are QA'ed. Perhaps a devblog could focus on how these teams work together, the processes, tools implemented, etc.

How deep a dive is your prerogative. I also do not believe the community is necessarily entitled to this information - but you've asked for feedback with regard to furthering communications / community outreach, so here's my suggestion.

I just hope that you fix the D-sync, it's all that matters - before you fixing that - I aint playing no more Pubg ?
And please put more work into cheaters & region lock.
And please skip different maps/tpp/fpp/solo/duo/squad into your next missions/dailies for another future battle-pass, god I've spent so much time leaving games because of that Sh...

Edited by erkogbg
  • Like 3

Em 13/07/2018 at 14:07, PUBG_Riggles disse:

Check out the full thread here, and feel free to give feedback if you’d like to have a deeper conversation here in the comments on this post.

I really do not understand why there is a forum and a Reddit that are almost the same thing, I am Brazilian and here few use it, someone explains the difference to me please. I also don't understand the fact of putting the discussion link here. We want answers, dates, a devblog or something like.

Honestly the biggest issue the community has is performance in the game. Desync is absolutely terrible and the server tick rate is horrible. It used to level out mid game but just plain sucks now. If you guys can get shots and gun play to register and fix the desync and raise the performance levels people will enjoy the game again but only pushing out skins and bs just makes everyone think you don't want to address these things and are just milking the game at this point. 

So at this point I really wish I could refund this 'game'. I bought very early on putting my faith in Player Unknown (coming from DayZ/Arma) and the road map and intentions he was spouting. Needless to say my perception now is one of not fixing major game play affecting bugs in a timely manner if at all, adding cosmetics, maps and moneymaking schemes appears to be the main focal point. You can say all you want how this is not the case and how different teams work on different parts of the game but what you release to us does not support your rhetoric imo 

3 hours ago, BasicJ said:

So at this point I really wish I could refund this 'game'. I bought very early on putting my faith in Player Unknown (coming from DayZ/Arma) and the road map and intentions he was spouting. Needless to say my perception now is one of not fixing major game play affecting bugs in a timely manner if at all, adding cosmetics, maps and moneymaking schemes appears to be the main focal point. You can say all you want how this is not the case and how different teams work on different parts of the game but what you release to us does not support your rhetoric imo 

Pretty say I would have to say, the game could be great if in better hands.....

Pubg is a great game nowadays. Most of the game lover liked to play the game. The newly launched update is great for all people. I have so many tricks for play the game and will win easily. If you want to know it then google tech support  will help you.

It's a total joke. By now the server issues should have been sorted out months and months ago.

Now you want more money for custom server games?

No thanks.

I do not agree with the current matchmaking system they should introduce a system based on servers not region what will this do?? Well, if a player has high pings on all servers, he would only connect to the server which has the best ping for him atm. While others which have normal pings will connect normally and have no trouble.

This will also reduce the china players from playing in na and eu servers. Pls introduce dubai servers :(

23 hours ago, SKYHUN said:

I dont Want Play Erangel map. I HATE ERANGEL

How can you hate a pioneer map? Lol... On behalf of all the people who love Erangel, I'm sorry you don't.

Again a alot of bla bla of PUBG, without  substance. It does not make any sense to deploy the small fixes, that you did the last couple of months. Playerunknown stated himself, that the game is developed very bad, because your devs are not well known to the Unreal Engine. That‘s why he said, the game needs to be developed from the scratch with exprerienced developers. So thats my point here, is there any roadmap for this? I see roadmaps for minor bugs and cosmetics, but what about the real big issue, the game itsself? How many new „experienced“ developers did you hire the last couple of months? Are they working on the game or on flawless cosmetics? I stopped playing the game, because the underperfomance of this game frustates me so much. Give me hope to come back on the near future.

6 hours ago, romka said:

Again a alot of bla bla of PUBG, without  substance. It does not make any sense to deploy the small fixes, that you did the last couple of months. Playerunknown stated himself, that the game is developed very bad, because your devs are not well known to the Unreal Engine. That‘s why he said, the game needs to be developed from the scratch with exprerienced developers. So thats my point here, is there any roadmap for this? I see roadmaps for minor bugs and cosmetics, but what about the real big issue, the game itsself? How many new „experienced“ developers did you hire the last couple of months? Are they working on the game or on flawless cosmetics? I stopped playing the game, because the underperfomance of this game frustates me so much. Give me hope to come back on the near future.

That's what they're doing right now. They're refactoring the game's code. There will be a roadmap next week.

40 minutes ago, EscapingKid said:

That's what they're doing right now. They're refactoring the game's code. There will be a roadmap next week.

Where do you got this from?

• RIP 1

I love this game. Playing it at the edge of my seat, nerves shot. Not because I was headshot from 1000m on the other side of a building, but because I don't know if at the end of it all PUBG and whomever holds the reign's ever gave a single care about this community's sanity or if it always was just a well milked money grab. Much like every other unfinished game that gets away with being released before it's developement, PUBG is a good 'idea' and it's faithful followers are simply along for the ride. $90 mil as of Jan. on copies of this game alone. Take that money away from the cosmetics team and hire more problem solvers. I don't blame the devs, you're just doing what you're told. But if you are aware that the company you work for has it's priorities askew, why not share this comment with them? I feel like I'm in grade school and I can't tell if PUBG only likes me back when I have extra snack packs.

7 minutes ago, romka said:

Hi did not tell anything about a roadmap next week and the interview is from 1st of July...

All things said in the interview are still very relevant. The source for the roadmap is here.

16 hours ago, EscapingKid said:

All things said in the interview are still very relevant. The source for the roadmap is here.

Yeah don't count on that being next week mate.